Ron Fellows School

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 08:49 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,226 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Thank you. So apparently a dinner is not normally included in the two day class but now they throw in one with the extra night's stay. That's a real nice perk for sure. I have no idea what the restaurant facilities are like at Spring Mountain. I'm guessing others here who have done the two day class have eaten there the night they stayed. Anybody care to chime on their experience?
I was there Thursday ,Friday and Sat. Food is OK nothing to brag about.
Breakfast is better than lunch. For dinner try the winery in town. There is nothing in this small town. Spring Mountain was great.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:45 PM
Z51Tim
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default anyone know,,,

if there is a shuttle from Las Vegas,,i assume that's where we would fly into,,,
Old 04-24-2017, 11:53 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Z51Tim
if there is a shuttle from Las Vegas,,i assume that's where we would fly into,,,
No school shuttle.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:10 AM
EmbraceNext
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by vbdenny
Not sure how well a 300 pounder will enjoy a Corvette. I got my 300lb brother-in-law in my passenger seat for a ride. After I scared him, it was a real struggle to get him out of the car. 300 pounders really need the Ron Fellows Suburban Driving School.

I will be at Ron Fellows May 8-9. Cocktails at 5.
I am 5'9" 270. I made a deal with my wife that if I lost weight, then I could by a Corvette (I used to be 298). Every time I get in the Vette, it reminds me I have more weight to lose. I am not uncomfortable but i am very snug. I have to lose 50 more pounds by Christmas or I have to drive a 1981 Mazda pickup until I finish losing the weight.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 PM
17gs
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

They also have a military discount they will apply to a second driver if you served!
Old 04-26-2017, 10:27 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Thank you. So apparently a dinner is not normally included in the two day class but now they throw in one with the extra night's stay. That's a real nice perk for sure. I have no idea what the restaurant facilities are like at Spring Mountain. I'm guessing others here who have done the two day class have eaten there the night they stayed. Anybody care to chime on their experience?
Food was terrible. Everything else was top-notch.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:22 AM
RRRRED
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Food was GREAT!

Originally Posted by Woodson
Food was terrible. Everything else was top-notch.
I was there the last week of March, 2017, and the food was GREAT! The breakfasts had lots of variety, but the best was the bacon. Really good, and lots of it. The lunches were really good too. I was in a 2 day class and the second day they served chicken breasts grilled on their gas BBQ. Everything was top notch, and the staff was very friendly.

We tried the winery for dinner the first night and liked it so much we went there the second night as well. I don't know what other places there are to eat in town, but after having such good food two nights in a row, I wouldn't even bother looking anywhere else.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:20 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

Glad to hear it has improved. Doesn't surprise me considering the rest of the facility.

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows School