Sponsored by:

iTunes to flash drive transfer app

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 05:54 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts
Default iTunes to flash drive transfer app

My preference for music transfer would just be to load one of my extra iPods out of iTunes. I do this, of course, but, as others have mentioned, run into glitches off and on. Thanks to those that posted work arounds with USB drives.

I just wanted to share another work-around I found that makes it REALLY easy to transfer from iTunes to USB flash drive if you have a Mac. An app called "Export for iTunes" is available from the Apple Mac app store. Works pretty slick. It finds all your music as well as your playlists. You check the ones you want to transfer and it sends them all to a flash drive, along with the album art. The minor glitch--some of the older downloads you have might be DRM protected, and these do not transfer. For me this was not a big deal, plus there are legal ways to remove this on many of the downloads (delete and re-download in iTunes works on a lot of them).
The following 3 users liked this post by JonMN:
JRYELLOWCORVETTE (04-15-2017), MDA_GS (04-15-2017), vbdenny (04-15-2017)
Old 04-15-2017, 07:29 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

PS: Here's a screen shot. Red songs are DRM protected, so will not transfer unless the protection is removed.

Last edited by JonMN; 04-15-2017 at 07:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:38 PM
FlyinLow
Pro

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts

I use an app for the Mac called Playlist Export, also bought off the app store, works very similar to your app
The following users liked this post:
JonMN (04-15-2017)
Old 04-16-2017, 10:55 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 922 Likes on 614 Posts

I have a similar app called iTunesExport (not affiliated with Apple, some guy writes it).

I even wrote a handy guide telling people how to use it. It's somewhere on this forum...
Old 04-17-2017, 09:13 AM
JaxC7
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Honestly, the best way around this is to manage your music outside of iTunes. The ONLY thing I use iTunes for is syncing files to my iPhone. I keep a USB drive in my car and simply refresh the files from my home server when necessary. Then again, I'm on a PC, so the Mac experience may be different.
Old 04-18-2017, 01:20 PM
arvindnc
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Itunes to Flash Drive

Originally Posted by JaxC7
Honestly, the best way around this is to manage your music outside of iTunes. The ONLY thing I use iTunes for is syncing files to my iPhone. I keep a USB drive in my car and simply refresh the files from my home server when necessary. Then again, I'm on a PC, so the Mac experience may be different.
The easiest solution is to extract all songs from Itunes folder and use MP3Tag to correct the song information, use MP3Gain to level volume. Load the songs in small folders at 500 songs per folder. I use a cheap usb drive 64 or 128 gb so that I dont have to compress the mp3 files. Use a partition manager to format the larger than 32 gb drives to FAT or exFAT partition that seems to work faster on the C7 Media player.

Get notified of new replies

To iTunes to flash drive transfer app

Quick Reply: iTunes to flash drive transfer app