Sponsored by:

ECU swap ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 10:40 PM
angryBits
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmie jam
Have you tried posting in the "tech/performance" section? What you described does not sound like a "typical" issue...if there is such a thing.
Originally Posted by mountainears
Correct, start your own thread describing the issue probably in the tech forum.

I might also look in the regional forums for your area and see what dealer service departments come highly recommended. You may want to try a different one rather than jumping to a tune that could cause you warranty issues.
Yeah sorry about that, this thread was not intended to diagnose, just to ask about the ECU swap.

I had posted another thread here but it was not in the tech/performance section. I'll try that.

Thanks
Old 05-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Zedred
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I am sympathetic to your plight, why don't you call Chevrolet customer support and register a complaint and find a Chevrolet dealer in your area that has good corvette techs and perhaps they could contact the Technical Assistance Network. You just need to contact the right people. Be nice but remember the noisiest wheel gets the most grease! If all else fails you can move to the Republic of Texas, everyone else is. We have plenty of 93, we even have VP gas stations.

Last edited by Zedred; 05-07-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 11:22 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,405 Likes on 4,218 Posts

Originally Posted by thill444
Not according to what I have read about Diablo. I did some quick searching and could not find a single indication that anyone has ever had a warranty claim denied and linked back to a Diablo tune. Other tunes yes.

At any rate I am keeping my car stock but just trying to help the OP.
I said "could" result in denying a claim. It's a simple fact that GM can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed, can compare that to the number of times a dealer has flashed it, and if there's a difference they know it's had unauthorized software uploads.
Old 05-08-2017, 03:57 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

I think I'd try to find a way to put a couple tank fulls of better fuel through it before doing any tuning to confirm fuel makes a difference. Maybe someone on here might have more ideas if the problem is described in greater detail. For example: Does it stumble cold, or does it get worse as it warms up? Does it cut out only at higher throttle input or regardless of how how much gas you're giving it? Wot is okay? I'd think poor gas would simply pull boat loads of timing but it would still run okay.

Add.. Saw the other post in tech with more info. Did they try another maf or making sure the existing maf isnt screwed up somehow?

Last edited by DAFFYDRUNK; 05-08-2017 at 04:50 AM.

Quick Reply: ECU swap ?