C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will proposing $50k OTD for a Base 2017 1LT AT be ridiculous...+ other questions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2017, 07:08 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

@Dave Hrejsa, corvettedreamin, guido7834: thanks for the good news. I will definitely make a trip, should the local is unable to match kerbeck price.

@Gary '09 C6: search for GLWP and find this "Great Lakes Web Professionals". I am sure you don't mean that.

Thank you all for your help. Arming with these advice, I am ready to get my vette. Bless you all! Cross finger and will report back if I got mine.

Last edited by njchen24; 06-23-2017 at 07:14 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 07:13 AM
gurneyeagle
Burning Brakes

Received 630 Likes on 323 Posts

All you can do is ask.

If you are prepared to close a deal that makes sense for you, go for it.

Best of Luck!
The following users liked this post:
njchen24 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 07:35 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

@Dave Hrejsa: Just look at kerbeck coupe inventory. The "watkins Glen Gray 1LT Auto, for $48.845, down from $58,170" seems to be gone. However, they have 2x 2lt with the color I want for $52.6. Hope to get this as out the door price and see it flies.

1LT AT Inventory

2LT AT Inventory

Old 06-23-2017, 07:53 AM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Doubt it will be for OTD all included (w. taxes), but you can try. Sent you a PM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:03 AM
Davids65
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 86 Posts

I too bought my car from Kerbeck, I dealt with Dave Brown I was very happy with the deal so happy that 5 days later I went back and picked up another for my mother and drove it down to Florida.

Last edited by Davids65; 06-23-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:13 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by njchen24
@Dave Hrejsa: Just look at kerbeck coupe inventory. The "watkins Glen Gray 1LT Auto, for $48.845, down from $58,170" seems to be gone. However, they have 2x 2lt with the color I want for $52.6. Hope to get this as out the door price and see it flies.

1LT AT Inventory

2LT AT Inventory

I'd be shocked if they discounted it that much more. I think it's pretty much a take it or leave it price. Knocking another $3k off the price would surely put them in the red.
njchen24 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 08:13 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

By the way, has anyone bought your vette with chevy 0% finance in addition to their discount?

Sorry, I am too greedy, wants the cake and eat it too.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:27 AM
23/C8Z
Race Director

Received 5,764 Likes on 3,178 Posts

If you have a trade in forget Kerbeck. You'll get crushed.

call Mike Furman @Criswell. Worth the trip.

Mfurman7@aol.com

email him he will get back to you. And or PM him on here. Yes the best corvette salesman in the country. He sells the most corvettes of any one as well.

tell him what you are looking for and his expertise will shine through. Cannot say enough about him or the buying experience.

Ps. I live about 30 minutes from Kerbeck and I drove the 3 hours to get mine from him after meeting him at corvettes at Carlisle last year.

Last edited by 23/C8Z; 06-23-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:34 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
I'd be shocked if they discounted it that much more. I think it's pretty much a take it or leave it price. Knocking another $3k off the price would surely put them in the red.
Thanks for the advice. In this case I will try $55k.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:37 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z
If you have a trade in forget Kerbeck. You'll get crushed.

call Mike Furman @Criswell. Worth the trip.

Mfurman7@aol.com

email him he will get back to you. And or PM him on here. Yes the best corvette salesman in the country. He sells the most corvettes of any one as well.

tell him what you are looking for and his expertise will shine through. Cannot say enough about him or the buying experience.

Ps. I live about 30 minutes from Kerbeck and I drove the 3 hours to get mine from him after meeting him at corvettes at Carlisle last year.
Thanks for the reference info. Will keep this in mind.
Old 06-23-2017, 08:45 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

By the way, has anyone bought your vette with chevy 0% finance in addition to their discount?

Sorry, I am too greedy, wants the cake and eat it too.
You might be able to do both, but Kerbeck charges doc fees for setting up financing as I recall. The deal will be another $300ish I think? There is a post where Dave explains the finance fees. I'm guessing there's money off the car or 0% but not both, which means you could finance elsewhere and only have to pay the doc fee for financing. You might negotiate some free accessories, but that's about it.
njchen24 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 08:56 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
You might be able to do both, but Kerbeck charges doc fees for setting up financing as I recall. The deal will be another $300ish I think? There is a post where Dave explains the finance fees. I'm guessing there's money off the car or 0% but not both, which means you could finance elsewhere and only have to pay the doc fee for financing. You might negotiate some free accessories, but that's about it.
Thanks, no problem for the finance fee.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:56 PM
guido7834
Melting Slicks

Received 198 Likes on 124 Posts

It's kind of a no brainer for you to take that ride down the parkway to Kerbeck!
njchen24 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 03:07 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 876 Likes on 588 Posts

Default phone....

.......bought my last two vettes over the phone, just went in with my trades, gave them the vins while talking on the phone and all I did when I arrived was sign the paperwork, hand over my trade ins and argue with "da closer" because I didn't want the extended warranty......

Last edited by dbirdhouse1; 06-23-2017 at 03:07 PM.
njchen24 (06-23-2017)
Old 06-23-2017, 09:35 PM
njchen24
Intermediate

Ok, test drive the Base 1LT today.

Good news.

Love everything especially for the smooth ride, quiet interior and handling on the highway and local bumpy road almost like a normal car. It's definitely fast but somehow I don't feel the kick or neck breaking effect when flooring it when passing or at rolling speed. Try in stealth and switch to Sport and don't feel much off difference when flooring. I feel that my S4 has more kick in sport mode. May be I didn't handle it correctly as I never drive a V8 before.

The transmission seems to be jerky occasionally while slowing down or drive slowly then speed up a bit.

For instance in a slow traffic:

- I let go the gas pedal and let it float so I don't have to brake. The car seems to be hesitant and lightly jerk several time then smooth afterward.
- When the traffic open up, I apply the gas pedal and feel the jolt.

Is this normal?

Bad news for me, I couldn't get the expected $54k OTD deal.

The dealer wants $58k OTD. Their math is weird and confuse the hell out of me. Note all below numbers are made even for easy understand.

I show them the 2LT available at Kerbeck for $52.6k. They said that they can not match. The price is not right because of the below fine print. They said that the processing fee is the fee that the dealer will try to charge me to recoup the advertised price and may cost me thousands of $ or something along that line.

<<...All prices exclude state taxes and fees, motor vehicle registration charges, and processing fees. All taxes and fees will be paid to the legally appropriate states....Prices valid through Noon on 06/08/17>>

First off, they show the 1LT as $54k and my trade in as $25k even though I ask for $28k. They said that I have $2000 tax credit which is equivalent to $27k. I disagree. They said fine, let assume that the manager will agree to $27k trade in. So, I simply propose $54k OTD - $27k trade in. I should owe them $27k, right? Nope, they still add tax, fee, registration etc and other stuff so I end up owing them $31k.

I walk away.

Is my math wrong or the dealer try to low ball me with finesse by confusing the hell out of me?

Will try Kerbeck and see if I can get it for $54k or may have to wait til' Dec and hope to get a 2018 at 15% off MSRP discount. What do you think, most likely or unlikely?
Old 06-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Foo Fighters
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Yes, dealers will try to confuse you. It may sometimes take weeks to make a deal happen. They will tell you nobody can do what you are asking for, but don't always believe them. They are master negotiators so you need to be ready to play. They need to know you are serious and will buy it right, then and there once you both agree on all terms. Nothing should be confusing, so bring your own pen, paper, and calculator. Sounds like you are wise, not in a hurry, not emotionally attached to the new car, and will not sign anything unless you understood what every dollar was for.
Old 06-23-2017, 10:16 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,033 Posts

You can't have it both ways? You can't get the new one for 50-52 out the door and expect to get a big number on your trade?

Get notified of new replies

To Will proposing $50k OTD for a Base 2017 1LT AT be ridiculous...+ other questions?

Old 06-23-2017, 10:32 PM
JonMN
Safety Car

Received 1,023 Likes on 616 Posts

Congrats! Just a couple comments regarding your questions. I went from a S5 with a DCT to the A8, so noticed a few differences like you mentioned. A few random observations:

I think Audi built in a larger difference between Touring and Sport mode than Chevy did. Putting my S5 in sport raised the shift points considerably higher than I notice with the A8 in Sport mode.

I have also noticed the occasional rough shift if slowing down and then change to acceleration. However, I could also get this with my S5 and it was more abrupt with the DCT.

My S5 really loaded the accelerator early. Kind of fun in a way, but, on the other hand, when I did want more there was nothing left. The C7 accelerator response is slow. There are a few threads on this. You either can get used to it (like I did) or add a Vitesse controller like others have done.

The A8 really does adapt with time. I also noticed rough downshifts when slowing to a stop, but only for the early miles. Smooth ever since.

I drive almost exclusively in M mode now. Actually takes a little playing around to get used to this, but I really like it. A nice thread here for M mode tips: LINK
Old 06-23-2017, 10:38 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Ok, test drive the Base 1LT today.

Good news.

Love everything especially for the smooth ride, quiet interior and handling on the highway and local bumpy road almost like a normal car. It's definitely fast but somehow I don't feel the kick or neck breaking effect when flooring it when passing or at rolling speed. Try in stealth and switch to Sport and don't feel much off difference when flooring. I feel that my S4 has more kick in sport mode. May be I didn't handle it correctly as I never drive a V8 before.

The transmission seems to be jerky occasionally while slowing down or drive slowly then speed up a bit.

For instance in a slow traffic:

- I let go the gas pedal and let it float so I don't have to brake. The car seems to be hesitant and lightly jerk several time then smooth afterward.
- When the traffic open up, I apply the gas pedal and feel the jolt.

Is this normal?

Bad news for me, I couldn't get the expected $54k OTD deal.

The dealer wants $58k OTD. Their math is weird and confuse the hell out of me. Note all below numbers are made even for easy understand.

I show them the 2LT available at Kerbeck for $52.6k. They said that they can not match. The price is not right because of the below fine print. They said that the processing fee is the fee that the dealer will try to charge me to recoup the advertised price and may cost me thousands of $ or something along that line.

<<...All prices exclude state taxes and fees, motor vehicle registration charges, and processing fees. All taxes and fees will be paid to the legally appropriate states....Prices valid through Noon on 06/08/17>>

First off, they show the 1LT as $54k and my trade in as $25k even though I ask for $28k. They said that I have $2000 tax credit which is equivalent to $27k. I disagree. They said fine, let assume that the manager will agree to $27k trade in. So, I simply propose $54k OTD - $27k trade in. I should owe them $27k, right? Nope, they still add tax, fee, registration etc and other stuff so I end up owing them $31k.

I walk away.

Is my math wrong or the dealer try to low ball me with finesse by confusing the hell out of me?

Will try Kerbeck and see if I can get it for $54k or may have to wait til' Dec and hope to get a 2018 at 15% off MSRP discount. What do you think, most likely or unlikely?
The price on our site is our price and there is nothing you need to qualify for. The price will not go up when you get to the showroom, but don't expect it to go down either. Our processing fee is $379 and we'll collect your NJ sales tax and DMV fees.

Now you have all the pricing info and know that there's no secrets. If you plan on driving in I would call to verify the car is still available since things move quickly, particularly on the weekend.

Dave
America's Corvette Dealership

email - dsalvatore@cioccadealerships.com
Showroom - 609-344-2100. Ext 1022
Text - 856-535-0407

Follow Ciocca Corvette on Instagram!

Last edited by Dave@Ciocca; 06-23-2017 at 10:39 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dave@Ciocca:
Dave Hrejsa (06-24-2017), njchen24 (06-24-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 12:24 AM
njchen24
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
The price on our site is our price and there is nothing you need to qualify for. The price will not go up when you get to the showroom, but don't expect it to go down either. Our processing fee is $379 and we'll collect your NJ sales tax and DMV fees.

Now you have all the pricing info and know that there's no secrets. If you plan on driving in I would call to verify the car is still available since things move quickly, particularly on the weekend.

Dave
Thanks. I guess you are Dave Brown that one member references to. If so, will try to give you a call tomorrow afternoon.

Quick Reply: Will proposing $50k OTD for a Base 2017 1LT AT be ridiculous...+ other questions?