2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Default Museum Delivery 2017-2019 ?

I read earlier that the plant will be down and restricted to tours even after production restarts later this year.

For those who've had the museum delivery, however does this effect that process and experience? What would still be included and what would not be included, that has previously been included?
Old 08-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,436 Likes on 780 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

When I bought my 2013 427 the plant was closed for C7 retooling. I had already scheduled museum delivery when I ordered the car in 2012. I was given a rain check for my plant tour with no expiration date. I finally took the tour in 2015 and had a one on one tour and spent over 2 hours at the plant. I'm quite sure the museum staff will make sure you get everything that comes with a museum delivery. You may have to make a return visit like I did.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:01 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

You will not be able to get your personal factory tour when the plant is closed to tours. Everything else would still be available. I'm sure you would get a rain check on the personalized factory tour.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:44 PM
HighTeq
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

The tour is amazing, whether you get it when you pickup your car or not, it is a definite must do. Even if it requires a second trip.

Plus exhibits might change in the museum as well on the second go so that's a plus, more to see.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:48 PM
MSG C5
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,681 Likes on 1,482 Posts
2022 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C5 of Year Finalist

Thanks for the replies. So if there is no tour of the factory (postponed), what would the museum delivery include? I assume your car would be staged like other deliveries but the experience would be limited to the museum only correct?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

From the NCM website:

R8C MUSEUM DELIVERY

We are thrilled to offer the Museum Delivery program to new Corvette Owners. It is an adventure like no other and a memorable addition to your new Corvette purchase. Hundreds of enthusiasts take delivery of their new Corvette at the Museum each year … Let our team be part of your new Corvette purchase.

How It All Starts: NCM Delivery is referred to as OPTION “R8C” and is available through any Chevrolet Dealer at a cost of $990.00. It must be specified at the time the order is finalized and a special Ship Code of “184590” must also be used to identify your Corvette for Museum Delivery.

The Communications: The National Corvette Museum will contact the customer and offer a reasonable time frame in which the customer can choose a date for delivery. The first available date for delivery is approximately two (2) weeks from the offline date of the car. Once the car is built and its release from GM is confirmed a representative from the NCM Delivery Department will contact the customer to schedule their delivery date. The Museum will confirm the date, agreed upon by the customer, through email and will handle all further communications. If at any time the selling dealer and/or customer should have any questions regarding the delivery, they may contact the Museum at 1-800-205-4248.

The Paperwork: Customers must arrive at the NCM with the following items before a delivery can take place:

A License Plate or Temporary Tag
Proof of Ownership (Bill of sale, etc.)
Proof of Insurance
Valid Operator’s License
Dealer Acknowledgement Form (download, print, fill out and return to the Museum via fax, email or mail)

The Delivery: The customer arrives at the NCM with up to three additional guests of age 10 and up, total (4) and is welcomed with signs commemorating the event. A personal, special VIP guided tour of the NCM is conducted where they will see their Corvette on display.

Next, a member of the NCM Delivery Team provides a quality orientation followed by a thorough delivery presentation of their new vehicle. A unique gold decal is placed on the inside of the drivers’ door jamb to signify the importance of this memorable occasion.

Customers also receive a personalized interior dash plaque, personalized wall plaque and an individual photograph in front of the Museum – weather permitting.

Additionally, customers have the opportunity to purchase exclusive merchandise showcasing the “R8C Museum Delivery” logo, bricks in a special commemorative section, and build sheets/window stickers if available, during the program presentation.

Deliveries can also be viewed world-wide via our live webcams.

The customer is presented with an individual one year NCM membership. Memberships which come with our R8C Museum Delivery program are upgradable.

R8C customers also have the opportunity to get on track for complimentary touring laps in OUR Corvettes at the NCM Motorsports Park. Laps are not available during private events, or while the track is in use by an event. Track availability is also dependent on weather. If you are unable to participate on the day of delivery, you can obtain a voucher that would be redeemable on a future visit.
The following users liked this post:
MSG C5 (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 08:58 AM
Acenines3
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 55 Posts

I heard the plant tours are shut down for the next 18 months. Is this true ?
Old 08-17-2017, 09:05 AM
jdsaengine
Melting Slicks

Received 173 Likes on 111 Posts

Yep, pretty much 18 mo. till sometime in 2019. We just got in under the wire with museum delivery and tour in June.
Old 08-17-2017, 02:32 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

PLEASE NOTE: PLANT TOURS ARE UNAVAILABLE AS OF JUNE 16, 2016 AND RESUME IN 2019.

Tours of the Bowling Green Assembly Plant will be closed after June 16, 2017. It will be approximately 18 months (January 2019) before tours resume after June 16th. Please subscribe NCM eNews for future updates thank you.
Old 08-21-2017, 06:59 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 922 Likes on 614 Posts

Yea, because of all the prototype builds and new plant equipment that's coming in the next 18 months.

Since the mid-engine will be announced in January 2019 they can reopen the plant then, until then it's getting the facility up to snuff to build that car (which will be done in parallel after they "rearrange" the C7 line)
Old 08-22-2017, 03:51 PM
jdsaengine
Melting Slicks

Received 173 Likes on 111 Posts

for kicks, I've been checking the NCM web cam and the same 4-5 cars have been sitting on the Blvd for last couple of weeks. Surely those are not customer cars, they would have been gone by now. Must be fillers that will be there for months.
Old 08-22-2017, 05:06 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
From the NCM website:
Zym, I believe the OP was talking about the plant tour being included as it was in the past. Not just a tour of the museum. I know we may not know this answer until the plant is reopened.
But to me, the plant tour was the main focal point of the museum delivery.
Hope they start this up again in the near future.
I know it will impact my decision on whether to take museum delivery on my purchase in the future.

Get notified of new replies

To Museum Delivery 2017-2019 ?

Quick Reply: Museum Delivery 2017-2019 ?