Sponsored by:

Clicking from dash area

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Fick
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Clicking from dash area

I have a faint, dull, sporadic click/snap which seems to be coming from the dash area. Seems to be more prevalent in city driving, not necessarily related to turns. Happens when driving straight and may or may not happen over very small or large imperfections in the road. Seems to be more related to body movement. Sounds almost like the noise I got from the top on my c6 only does not seem to be coming from there. The roof pins have previously been repaired according to the GM repair records (I bought it used).

I have read about the vent noises but this is not a loose sounding rattle, more of a dull thud. Also does not seem to be coming from the wheels but from the dash area as best I can tell. Occasionally it does seem to be also coming from the rear interior. 2015 z51 coupe w/11k miles. Any other ideas?

Last edited by Fick; 09-10-2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2017, 07:27 PM
Can Vette
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Fick
I have a faint, dull, sporadic click/snap which seems to be coming from the dash area. Seems to be more prevalent in city driving, not necessarily related to turns. Happens when driving straight and may or may not happen over very small or large imperfections in the road. Seems to be more related to body movement. Sounds almost like the noise I got from the top on my c6 only does not seem to be coming from there. The roof pins have previously been repaired according to the GM repair records (I bought it used).

I have read about the vent noises but this is not a loose sounding rattle, more of a dull thud. Also does not seem to be coming from the wheels but from the dash area as best I can tell. Occasionally it does seem to be also coming from the rear interior. 2015 z51 coupe w/11k miles. Any other ideas?

Just an FYI, the climate control system i.e AC/Heater clicks. Same click as my oven as it heats up to temp. Hopefully this is all that you are hearing.

Last edited by Can Vette; 09-10-2017 at 07:30 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Fick (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 07:29 PM
spireland
Melting Slicks

Received 2,147 Likes on 877 Posts

I had a similar issue in my 2017. I would call it more of a pop, but it may be the same thing. Sounded like it was coming from the dash, and ultimately was the speakers. After several dealer trips its currently diagnosed as a bad HMI module and I'm getting one installed next week at the dealer. May not be the same thing, but it sounds pretty similar.

Issue started as pops and then became a malfunctioning infotainment system.
The following users liked this post:
Fick (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 08:58 PM
Fick
Pro

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by spireland
I had a similar issue in my 2017. I would call it more of a pop, but it may be the same thing. Sounded like it was coming from the dash, and ultimately was the speakers. After several dealer trips its currently diagnosed as a bad HMI module and I'm getting one installed next week at the dealer. May not be the same thing, but it sounds pretty similar.

Issue started as pops and then became a malfunctioning infotainment system.
A pop would be a good description of what I am hearing; I also know that there have been problems with the infotainment centers. I will investigate that probability.

Last edited by Fick; 09-10-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Clicking from dash area

Quick Reply: Clicking from dash area