Sponsored by:

Military Discount

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 06:15 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by mdshaffer
I don't know what GMU pricing is, but...

GMS is indeed the acronym which refers to an employee of a company that has been qualified and certified by GM as a designated "Supplier" to GM. There is a web site where company eligibility can be determined.

The other major employee qualification category discount is GM Family First which covers a broad span of the following who are eligible:

Active GM employees, retirees, surviving spouses and divestitures are eligible to take advantage of the GM Employee Discount or sponsor the following purchasers: their spouse, children, stepchildren, grandchildren, stepgrandchildren, grandparents (including in-law and step), parents, stepparents, siblings (including full, half and step), mother-/father-in-law, sons-/daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-in-law, aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews. Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable.

I have seen from time to time, seen dealers advertise pricing "equivalent" to GMS. In other words GMS pricing for everyone.
We'll have to agree to disagree.
Old 09-21-2017, 07:16 PM
Frosty
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 155 Posts

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
We'll have to agree to disagree.
Seems that GM is being pretty clear

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/about-the-discount/

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/about-the-discount/
Old 09-21-2017, 07:24 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 503 Likes on 347 Posts

Enough said about that I guess !!

Originally Posted by MacMulkin
The Military discount is actually GM Supplier pricing discount. We don't do it, because our discounts are better than GM Supplier pricing.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by mdshaffer
Just where in those links does it define the term GMS or GMU (actually supplier is either GFS or GSP)? I am well aware of supplier pricing and employee pricing.

When you get an employee pricing authorization number, it is a GMS number. When you get a supplier discount authorization, it is a GFS number if it is a supplier discount for friends and a GSP number if it is obtained from your employer who is a GM supplier.

Quick Reply: Military Discount