Ear plugs

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 10:28 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
Hmm, is that for you or him to wear?!

That reminds me of the old joke: Q. Why are bagpipers always marching?

A. They're trying to get away from the noise.
Old 06-25-2018, 10:34 AM
fake
Safety Car

Received 343 Likes on 247 Posts

The only time i need ear plugs is when the old lady is yelling. I wear ear defenders when mowing lawn and blowing leaves!
The following users liked this post:
JerryU (06-25-2018)
Old 06-25-2018, 11:08 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

huh? What did you say?
I wear ear plugs 24 hours a day, just in case some extra noise comes along..

With good ear plugs, you can still hear people talk, but they just cut noise that is at damaging noise levels.

In many states, it is actually legal to wear ear phones to listen to music, and of course, you can still play the radio..

Last edited by TEXHAWK0; 06-25-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-25-2018, 11:39 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by owc6

That reminds me of the old joke: Q. Why are bagpipers always marching?

A. They're trying to get away from the noise.
Not to prolong bagpiping but I recall a funny incident. As part of our tech societies annual meeting we induct the volunteer President (and Board members) each year at the annual trade show and hire a "bagpiper" who leads a color guard precession. The Past President, is supposed to offer a symbolic tankard of whisky to the piper who stops playing and waits on the stage. My good friend who preceded my "election" year forget that it was his job to hand the "Piper" this empty symbolic tankard. Someone finally said you have to "Pay The Piper" or he won't leave!

Last edited by JerryU; 06-25-2018 at 11:43 AM.
owc6 (06-25-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 11:43 AM
jamesflood1
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find a great website. They provide best custom earplugs for motorcycle riding. I have bought a earplug form there and it is working nice. Its really cool to use. They provide me great nice guideline to setup it to my ears. Now I am feel very comfort while riding on the road. This is a nice experience in my life.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:58 AM
SoFloVette
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

I bought a 6.2L V8. I want to hear it!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:12 PM
1stTimeforEverything
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 14 Posts

FYI - most folks that suffer hearing loss due to noise, etc., develop tinnitus. Tinnitus never goes away, cannot be fixed, and if loud enough will cause devastating results. Imagine hearing air leaking from a tire puncture, a jet engine -- you name it. If it gets loud enough, you might consider measures to end the noise.

I've ridden a motorcycle for years, always wore ear protection, but still, I developed this stinking tinnitus. The noise on a cycle in the air stream can far exceed the damage level even with earplugs. And my tinnitus is getting worse, so much so that I require sleeping pills (some of which also cause tinnitus) and a noise machine at night. Doctor said, "You have tinnitus, nothing can be done, see you next year if you think it will make you feel better."

If those earplugs mentioned above reduce the noise 30db or more, they may be worthwhile, at least on a cycle. 20db won't get it.
Old 07-13-2018, 10:41 AM
traronf
Racer

Received 133 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stTimeforEverything
FYI - most folks that suffer hearing loss due to noise, etc., develop tinnitus. Tinnitus never goes away, cannot be fixed, and if loud enough will cause devastating results. Imagine hearing air leaking from a tire puncture, a jet engine -- you name it. If it gets loud enough, you might consider measures to end the noise.

I've ridden a motorcycle for years, always wore ear protection, but still, I developed this stinking tinnitus. The noise on a cycle in the air stream can far exceed the damage level even with earplugs. And my tinnitus is getting worse, so much so that I require sleeping pills (some of which also cause tinnitus) and a noise machine at night. Doctor said, "You have tinnitus, nothing can be done, see you next year if you think it will make you feel better."

If those earplugs mentioned above reduce the noise 30db or more, they may be worthwhile, at least on a cycle. 20db won't get it.
Hi just read your post and I just got a pair of these and they may help you: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...sleepbuds.html they are not cheap but are comfortable to sleep with. Anything is worth a try and you can return them if they don't help.
1stTimeforEverything (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 12:56 PM
Gearhead Jim
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,051 Likes on 1,362 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Tire noise on our stock 2017 Z51 renders the sound system unusable above about 60 mph on most pavement. Windows open or top off, much worse of course.
The wife and I like to talk while driving, but with the top off I use the ear plugs.

Quick Reply: Ear plugs