C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather on dash delaminating

Old 02-11-2019, 03:26 PM
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member

Glad I have a 2LT. Seen a lot of 3LTs with the dash coming apart. Went to look at a 2014 vert and half the dash was loose. It was at a Ford dealer and they had no intention of doing anything about it (understandable... took on trade, need to move metal).
Old 02-13-2019, 11:19 AM
rcgldr
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 16/C7Z View Post
I bought a used 2015 C7 Z06 3LZ M7 (without Z06) last July (2018) with the exact same leather dash problem as in the video. The closest dealer wanted to replace it for $1600 ("half price" GM would pay other half). I plan to take the car back to the dealer I bought it from. It may have been that way when I bought it and just didn't notice. Windshield also had a small crack, but the dealer did replace that. I'm reluctant to spend that kind of money on a leather dash, wondering if it's just going to lift up again in 3 years or so.

It seems that it should be possible to reglue that part of the dash, so I'll ask the dealer. I'm wondering what type of glue they use. 3M super 77 is good for gluing all sort of stuff (carpet, plastic, metal, ....) and in my case for a wing slot in an EPP foam radio control glider (which is why I bought that glue).

Last edited by rcgldr; 02-13-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leather on dash delaminating

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: