Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller fix

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2017, 01:15 AM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Vitesse Throttle Controller fix

I haven't really enjoyed shifting when the car goes from 1 to 2nd. It was never smooth no matter how well I executed the shirt. The car went into gear buttery smooth but the car would be jerky. I then had my differential replaced and the battery was disconnected. This led to my Vitesse Throttle Controller putting the car into limp mode and throwing a CEL. I read a few posts and learned that the controller needs to be calibrated and this is a common issue with the controller. It was done at the initial install by myself. I found the controller and performed the calibration which takes 30 seconds total. My car is back. It shifts smoothly through the gears. Very happy and am enjoying shifting from 1st to 2nd again. Actually all my shifts feel smoother. If you have this controller I would suggest doing a re-calibration every several months. I also have mine jacked up all the way. Great little device.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:20 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

Please post the steps to rest it.

Old 11-19-2017, 07:22 AM
HorsePower Junkie
Safety Car

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts
St. Jude Donor '20-'21-'22-'23

What I meant was... Please post the steps to re-calibrate it.

​​​​Also, is your's the one with the button? Or, is it the one with then ****??

​​​​​​

Last edited by HorsePower Junkie; 11-19-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:23 AM
traderfjp
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 51 Posts

1. Get the controller in hand.
2. Put the car in accessory mode.
3.Press and hold both button at the same time.
4. Release both buttons. The screen will show you an "L" for low voltage.
5. Press the "A" button to see "H" for high voltage.
6. Now press the gas pedal to the floor. The "H" value should go up.
7. Press the "A" button again while the pedal is still depressed and you should see 100 on the display.
8. Take foot of pedal and you are done.

Originally Posted by HorsePower Junkie
What I meant was... Please post the steps to re-calibrate it.

​​​​Also, is your's the one with the button? Or, is it the one with then ****??

​​​​​​
The following users liked this post:
rsvette12 (05-23-2018)
Old 05-23-2018, 06:40 AM
cowboy casey
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 389 Posts

one push will put it into ACC mode but I have not heard of the 8 second one...
Old 05-23-2018, 07:01 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Received 2,241 Likes on 1,634 Posts

Originally Posted by YO-EL
Can someone verify, its 1 push of start button, for ACC, NOT hold for 8 secs to ON....
It does not matter .... as long as there is power to the unit

Make sure the pedal is firmly planted to the floor during the second step , failure to do so will lead to an out of range CEL and reduced power mode ....

Dave
Old 04-04-2019, 02:12 PM
gfanning23
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dcasole
It does not matter .... as long as there is power to the unit

Make sure the pedal is firmly planted to the floor during the second step , failure to do so will lead to an out of range CEL and reduced power mode ....

Dave
I will be installing one of these soon, would you still recommend the use of it and also how often do you think the re-cal should be done, every 2 or 3mths? Reading some of these post have made me a bit paranoid I don't want to damage the car in any way, Thanks!
Old 04-04-2019, 02:40 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Received 715 Likes on 483 Posts

Had one on my C6 for two years. No issues or having to recalibrate.

Have one and a Range on the C7 now for several months. Bought both used on the forum. Again, no issues since install... with either.
Old 04-04-2019, 02:49 PM
gfanning23
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NashvilleGrandSport
Had one on my C6 for two years. No issues or having to recalibrate.

Have one and a Range on the C7 now for several months. Bought both used on the forum. Again, no issues since install... with either.
Awesome! One more question, do you switch back and forth through modes or do you just have a fav and leave it there?
Old 04-04-2019, 02:54 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by gfanning23
Awesome! One more question, do you switch back and forth through modes or do you just have a fav and leave it there?
Sport 5 ... virtually all the time on the street. Don't track the car normally.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:18 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

I will be installing one of these soon, would you still recommend the use of it and also how often do you think the re-cal should be done, every 2 or 3mths? Reading some of these post have made me a bit paranoid I don't want to damage the car in any way, Thanks!
Mine is still working fine and has never been recalibrated the same can be said with the one I had in my C6 ....but I changed my battery out at the first hint of a problem .

I think the problem is, as with anything on a Corvette I think the ecm is sensitive to voltage variations. also the Vitesse is sensitive to heat ... and as with anything you only hear about the units that had a problem and do not hear anything about the thousands that have been sold and had no problems . This thing works for all GM cars and trucks and the percentage of failures seems to be quite low . I have helped so many people that had issues where it was only the calibration or where they mounted the control box

Are there some that had issues , yep , but I bet there are thousands that have not had issues

You will love it , dont crank it up as it makes the pedal to touchy , I have mine set to 5 ..
Old 04-04-2019, 03:47 PM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

You will find that there will be a favorite setting that you will like and not do to much switching back and forth . Niw you can change the setting on the fly but I try to switch before I start the car so the ECM has time to see the new setting .

The only time I switch is when I am at the dragstrip , if there is a lit of grip , I crank it up.... if the grip is marginal, I turn it down . Between the Vitesse and the Launch Control I am deadly off the line .......

Dave
Old 04-04-2019, 09:35 PM
gfanning23
Intermediate

Thanks, I really appreciate the info, where would you suggest I mount the control box? Currently, I place it behind the radio console or I guess it's just the bit of space up under the console to the right of the pedal.

Mine is still working fine and has never been recalibrated the same can be said with the one I had in my C6 ....but I changed my battery out at the first hint of a problem .

I think the problem is, as with anything on a Corvette I think the ecm is sensitive to voltage variations. also the Vitesse is sensitive to heat ... and as with anything you only hear about the units that had a problem and do not hear anything about the thousands that have been sold and had no problems . This thing works for all GM cars and trucks and the percentage of failures seems to be quite low . I have helped so many people that had issues where it was only the calibration or where they mounted the control box

Are there some that had issues , yep , but I bet there are thousands that have not had issues

You will love it , dont crank it up as it makes the pedal to touchy , I have mine set to 5 ..
Old 04-04-2019, 11:16 PM
NashvilleGrandSport
Melting Slicks

Thanks, I really appreciate the info, where would you suggest I mount the control box? Currently, I place it behind the radio console or I guess it's just the bit of space up under the console to the right of the pedal.
Just make sure it's out in the open and not under carpet or in an area where it could possibly get too hot.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:50 AM
Dcasole
Le Mans Master

Just make sure it's out in the open and not under carpet or in an area where it could possibly get too hot.
This is the best advice , out in the open , on my C6 I wired tied the control box to a wire harness, this way it was exposed on all 4 sides. I forget where I put it on the C7 but I am sure it is mounted in the same way

Dave
Old 04-05-2019, 07:32 AM
gfanning23
Intermediate

This is the best advice , out in the open , on my C6 I wired tied the control box to a wire harness, this way it was exposed on all 4 sides. I forget where I put it on the C7 but I am sure it is mounted in the same way

Dave
I will absolutely make sure I re-position it! Thanks!
Old 04-05-2019, 07:33 AM
gfanning23
Intermediate

Thanks! You've been very helpful!

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller fix

Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller fix