Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to get my car shipped

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 02:49 PM
VroomAB
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

I have used Intercity in the past to ship a car from NorCal to SoCal - they are awesome.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:49 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,491 Likes on 1,952 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Originally Posted by DALE#3
You might want to get the ground effects installed after you figure your transport issue.Why add a what if....
When weather breaks reschedule the install.
With the latest horror story here on transport...Check car before and after to cover your sanity
I'd follow the above advice. I'd also ask the dealer who they'd use to ship the car an hour who would be ultra-careful. Finally, I'd do as jag said above, and use Intercity if no one else sounds good. That's if they'll even do it for the relatively short distance. It could be a "filler" for them and actually a positive (no one likes to run an empty or less than full truckload).
Old 12-26-2017, 04:30 PM
jtranger
Melting Slicks

Received 149 Likes on 116 Posts

Do yourself a favor and ship it closed carrier, especially on nice car like that. Something falls off a truck on the freeway or you get into a hail storm and your first stop is the body shop and not your garage. Learn from my mistake, I had a car damaged doing an open carrier to try to save a few bucks...cost much more to repair. Try Executive auto shippers

Last edited by jtranger; 12-26-2017 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:34 PM
DALE#3
Le Mans Master

Received 3,135 Likes on 1,831 Posts

Originally Posted by jtranger
Do yourself a favor and ship it closed carrier, especially on nice car like that.
You might luck out if Masse will hold your car.We have had milder winters lately.A couple days of rain (salt rinse) and a 40 degree day would be drive-able for sure.Especially your distance,
Masse had space near where they detail cars.Same bldg. as where their Corvettes are.Maybe a deal for storage can be had?

Quick Reply: Looking to get my car shipped