M7 Shift Knob Installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 11:45 AM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Received 249 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^
Hmm, that is an old PDF. However it's been updated and the last page presents the problems I had after ~1year and the solution- I installed an MGW flat stick shifter!

The install on my 2014 was fine for the 3 years I had it. The PDF covers the issues I had installing on my 2017 Grand Sport BUT after ~1 year started to rattle! Bad at certain rpm. I replaced the whole shifter with an MGW flat stick shifter and solved all vibration issues. When talking with the engineer at MGW he had others report vibrations with the newer cue ball ***** for the OEM shifter.. The manufacture of that **** for the OEM shifter did change. Was it my **** with a slightly large aluminum bottom (note the OEM **** is plastic)- don't know but this is a PDF of that install.

http://netwelding.com/MGW_Shifter.pdf

ok , which shifter is this ? Is it made by RPI design or some other brand?
Old 03-11-2019, 11:52 AM
utoyz
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i love mine
The following users liked this post:
boss2k (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:55 AM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by utoyz

i love mine
Looks great and you bought from where and which brand ? It would help me get one

thanks
Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,715 Likes on 6,692 Posts

^^^
Mmyshifter is made by MGW probably the most common and IMO the best short throw shifter..The PDF is my detailed istallifo, lots of pics/install info..

What you’re asking for is just the **** and the vendor you mentioned is where Got mine. They are the supplier/manufacturer and different from the original company making them. The only manufacturer to my knnowledge. Perhaps my knobjust was not made properly but have seen other vibration comets.

Your car your choice.

The MGW comes with a 1 1/8” cue ball but I was used to a full 1 1/4” ball (regulation size) so I bought mine from the company they buy from who probably makes them for many people as they have over 100 designs. But they do not have one to fit the GM C7 shifter, which is slip on. Mine is screw on.

Just google MGW shifter and go to their website!

Last edited by JerryU; 03-11-2019 at 12:05 PM.
boss2k (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 12:03 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JerryU
^^^
It’s made by MGW probably the most common and IMO the best short throw shifter..The PDF is my detailed istallifo, lots of pics/install info..

It comes with a 1 1/8” cue ball but I was used to a full 1 1/4” ball (regulation size) so I bought mine from the company they buy from who probably makes them for many people as they have over 100 designs. But they do not have one to fit the GM C7 shifter, which is slip on. Mine is screw on.

Just google MGW shifter and go to their website!
Got you, i am looking for shifter **** only and not intending to change to a SSK now. I am expecting the car this week and during my test drive liked the factory shifter and want to change to an aftermarket weighted **** only.. Lets see how things go.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:10 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,715 Likes on 6,692 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
Got you, i am looking for shifter **** only and not intending to change to a SSK now. I am expecting the car this week and during my test drive liked the factory shifter and want to change to an aftermarket weighted **** only.. Lets see how things go.
If I you deside to get a shifter, the company I bought my **** from sells a cue ball weighted ****.

Thare are cylindrical weighted ***** that fit the C7 shifter but don’t have a brand. Have seen on the Forum you can search.

Last edited by JerryU; 03-11-2019 at 12:26 PM.
boss2k (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 01:19 PM
utoyz
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boss2k
Looks great and you bought from where and which brand ? It would help me get one

thanks
i bought mine from RPI designs. took a lil longer but any orders from now on should take less time
boss2k (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 02:19 PM
boss2k
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by utoyz
i bought mine from RPI designs. took a lil longer but any orders from now on should take less time
Awesome that's what I figured but wanted to know.

Is the **** weighted?

Quick Reply: M7 Shift Knob Installed