Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation help

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 870 Likes on 398 Posts

Before I got my 2016 upgraded free of charge from dealer to be compatible with AA, (thanks defaria!) I used my old reliable Garmin Nuvi with a ProClip made for C7. I was easy and a clean inexpensive way to use Nav. That said AA is infinitely better.

Old 03-09-2018, 11:39 AM
tomboy257
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Warranty issue?

Will the installation of the IO6 nav unit affect my Warranty, and what do I need to tell the dealer when taking the car in for service?
Old 03-09-2018, 01:47 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

As far as the low volume have you tried turning the volume up on your phone?
Old 03-09-2018, 01:54 PM
Maxpowers
Le Mans Master

Received 2,729 Likes on 1,829 Posts

OP - give Waze a try. Plus with AA you can verbally tell it your destination through the cars mic.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:08 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
Before I got my 2016 upgraded free of charge from dealer to be compatible with AA, (thanks defaria!)
You're welcome!

Love me some AA I tell ya.

I'm in the midst of moving from San Diego -> Phoenix, driving back and forth packing, etc. Gave Waze another go. Still don't like it for various reasons.

Latest reason: In driving I-8 East I noticed I was starting to run low on gas, well not that low but these are the wide open spaces. I was using Waze and I had entered into Arizona, where the gas is $2.60/gal instead of the $3.50/gal in California. So I went into Waze and looked for gas stations. It said the nearest one was some 80 miles away! As I had less than 70 miles left on my tank as per the Vette I started to worry. Surely there was gas before 80 miles! And I started to exit exits that looked like there was an inkling of a town there. Surely those people don't drive 80 miles to get gas!

Of course I did find gas within about 5-10 miles. Another failure for Waze! I had though of switching to Google Maps to see if it had a better idea of where gas would be close by but I was determine to use Waze the whole trip. Re: Waze - I remember unimpressed.

And as I said before, I often experience false positives on reported police. I then thought about how many false negatives I must experience...

Quick Reply: Navigation help