Sponsored by:

Hydrosilex

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2018, 09:07 PM
Fumarri
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hydrosilex

Has anyone used this on their corvettes if so what year and how did it do for you
Old 05-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,227 Likes on 3,465 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/pg/hydrosilexusa/reviews/
Old 05-07-2018, 04:28 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

As a Pro Detailer, I was curious, tried it, and it simply did not have the longevity or the lasting shine that real nano/Ceramic coatings have. By the 5th wash, and I was using a wash specifically for ceramic coatings, it's beading and shine had seriously deteriorated I really did like the simplicity of putting it on, so I suspect if you buy a 55 gallon drum of it(kidding) and apply at every wash, you might have something. Your experience may vary.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:47 PM
Fumarri
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
As a Pro Detailer, I was curious, tried it, and it simply did not have the longevity or the lasting shine that real nano/Ceramic coatings have. By the 5th wash, and I was using a wash specifically for ceramic coatings, it's beading and shine had seriously deteriorated I really did like the simplicity of putting it on, so I suspect if you buy a 55 gallon drum of it(kidding) and apply at every wash, you might have something. Your experience may vary.
Thanks just bought my first corvette and looking for the right coating
Old 05-08-2018, 03:28 AM
Grzldvt1
Le Mans Master

Received 635 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by Fumarri

Thanks just bought my first corvette and looking for the right coating
Try FeynLab Ceramic Lite or Kamikaze Miyabi or Kamikaze ISM
Feynlabs is the easiest to install of the above products and is so much better than Hydrosilex for close to the same money. I have not used it enough to comment on longevity, but from a shine perspective it is the best I have seen of the nano coatings..
The Kamikaze line is awesome for the money, longevity, excellent self cleaning properties and an above average shine.. It is my go to product for those wanting ceramic but don't need the big warranties. Although as I work more with Feynlabs, I am leaning more towards using them. The simplicity of installing and the quality of the products are excellent.There is a pantload of snake oil out there.

I just went after some outfit on FB, that says their ceramic product is impervious to rock chips due to it's hardness, yet bird **** will etch it Uh that makes no sense to me at all They did not respond to me. but took the ad down
Old 05-08-2018, 10:25 AM
dfettero
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 137 Posts
Default Gyeon Can Coat

Gyeon Can Coat is easy to apply and maintain.

Originally Posted by Grzldvt1
Try FeynLab Ceramic Lite or Kamikaze Miyabi or Kamikaze ISM
Feynlabs is the easiest to install of the above products and is so much better than Hydrosilex for close to the same money. I have not used it enough to comment on longevity, but from a shine perspective it is the best I have seen of the nano coatings..
The Kamikaze line is awesome for the money, longevity, excellent self cleaning properties and an above average shine.. It is my go to product for those wanting ceramic but don't need the big warranties. Although as I work more with Feynlabs, I am leaning more towards using them. The simplicity of installing and the quality of the products are excellent.There is a pantload of snake oil out there.

I just went after some outfit on FB, that says their ceramic product is impervious to rock chips due to it's hardness, yet bird **** will etch it Uh that makes no sense to me at all They did not respond to me. but took the ad down

Get notified of new replies

To Hydrosilex

Quick Reply: Hydrosilex