Sponsored by:

Rear Spoiler Attachment

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 09:07 AM
1cor29
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Spoiler Attachment

Greetings all - it's been a bit since I've been on here; not been quite as active. Anyhow, it's been bothering me that my passenger side door didn't quite line up with the rear quarter panel; it's as if the door wasn't quite shut all the way. I was going to go to a dealer to have it adjusted, but then I had a truck back into me and wreck the vette! It put a foot long hole in my door! Since it was her fault, I didn't have any out of pocket expenses. I just got it back from the shop (they did a solid job) and the door aligns perfectly! Now I'm happy.
I just ordered carbon fiber side skirt rocker panels that have come in. I also ordered a carbon fiber front splitter that will get here in a week or so. Well, I'm looking for a stage 1 or stage 2 rear spoiler (not necessarily carbon fiber, but that, or carbon flash, or even black) and I don't know if it would require any drilling. My current set up does not have a spoiler; it's just the brake light. Does this mean I'll have to drill? If so, I want to avoid that; that said, I'm looking for adhesive spoilers. Anyone have any suggestions on where I can get one of these (if drilling is required)? I'd sure love to know - thank you all!
Old 05-25-2018, 09:53 AM
TEXHAWK0
Le Mans Master

Received 787 Likes on 539 Posts

Some people have installed spoiler with just double stick tape, but since the purpose of the spoiler is to create down force, I would go ahead and get one that you drill holes and attach with metal fasteners, like the factory spoilers all do..
I have the factory z51 spoiler on mine with a stage 1 front splitter....Don't like the side skirts.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:24 AM
cowboy casey
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 389 Posts

Drilled and attached mine... You don't want the lawsuit "IF" it comes off and causes a wreck and heaven forbid kills someone.. Why do I say "IF", with adhesive promoter and new 3M tape, the hold is amazing but no one has tested how much wind and at what level it will detach and come off... Will it come off at 110? 140? 170? or if somehow it did not stick correctly and it comes off at 70 MPH...

The problem is in the back of your mind saying "will I like it or not?" put it on with 2 sided tape just enough to see it on your ride and keep it on parked in the garage and see if you still like it 3 day later... then have it installed or install it yourself with bolts, once you go spoiler you never go back

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Spoiler Attachment

Quick Reply: Rear Spoiler Attachment