Sponsored by:

Attempted theft!!! ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 09:16 PM
tuxx
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Attempted theft!!! ??

Ok so I went to open my door and the car let out a series of beeps and I didnt think too much. Then upon starting the car I seen the alert "Attempted theft" The car seemed ok, I noticed a few long hairs that I believe were from my girlfriend (she does have access to a real key and is in the car allot). I called onstart and they could tell me at 2:19 PM the attempt was made. They said there was inside motion in the car (but could of been something falling over but I have no Idea what.

Any feelings on this? Would it take allot of motion or someone inside? Could it of been a bird or something?

Suggestions?

Last edited by tuxx; 07-19-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:42 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

It's been my experience in both my Vette and my Cadillac CTS (same theft system) that these things get a bit confused sometimes. One of the biggest issues is that if you get out of the car and shut the door with your FOB in your pocket and your SO stays in the car with her FOB in her purse, you get a triple beep and you are likely to start the theft alarm. If she opens the door, it's guaranteed. This most often happens to us at a gas station. There may be some secret formula and dance to prevent this, but I haven't found it. Unless there is some other evidence, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just the car being stupid again. So much for AI.
Old 07-19-2018, 09:52 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
It's been my experience in both my Vette and my Cadillac CTS (same theft system) that these things get a bit confused sometimes. One of the biggest issues is that if you get out of the car and shut the door with your FOB in your pocket and your SO stays in the car with her FOB in her purse, you get a triple beep and you are likely to start the theft alarm. If she opens the door, it's guaranteed. This most often happens to us at a gas station. There may be some secret formula and dance to prevent this, but I haven't found it. Unless there is some other evidence, I wouldn't worry about it. It's just the car being stupid again. So much for AI.
Secret formula is open your door or the passenger door and hold the unlock button down until you hear 3 beeps, then close the door. Now the system is disarmed until the next ignition cycle or you lock your car with your FOB.

Last edited by c54u; 07-19-2018 at 10:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
orca1946 (07-19-2018)
Old 07-19-2018, 09:56 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

Things falling off dash, mirror, windshield, or vibrations from objects outside the car can potentially give you the message.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:29 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

Pets ???
Old 07-19-2018, 11:01 PM
CocoVette
Racer

Received 225 Likes on 90 Posts

My radar falling has set it off a few times, and send other random stuff. It is pretty glitchy and just goes off for no reason a lot.
Old 07-19-2018, 11:13 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

It could be anything from that to some drunk fell against the car and set the inclination alarm off. You left your windows down with the top up/on and someone reached in?

This is not common, but not specific, either.

All it means is that the car determined that it thought something was amiss.

My vote is that a leaf fell inside the car.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:02 AM
GoBlueGirl
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My alarm goes off if I’m at the gas station and my dog is in the car for a minute, lol. At first I thought I accidentally pressed the panic button, but it must have sensed his movement inside the car.
Old 07-20-2018, 02:24 AM
Grand Slam
Drifting

Received 560 Likes on 362 Posts

Press the button next to the hatch release button before exiting to turn off the motion detector until the next start.

Get notified of new replies

To Attempted theft!!! ??

Quick Reply: Attempted theft!!! ??