C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranties on new C7 - Yes or No?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2019, 02:36 AM
RC81
Pro

Received 164 Likes on 93 Posts

Its a Chevy full of electronics that will fail someday. Get the warranty ha ha.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:29 AM
Savoy2001
Melting Slicks

Received 2,477 Likes on 1,108 Posts

Originally Posted by C5_
The dealer that I'm buying my 2019 Grand Sport from is offering me the following GM extended warranties:
Bumper to Bumper for ownership years 4-5-6: $1,885, $100 Deductible
Tires and Wheels for years 4 & 5: $649
Keys for years 4 & 5: $449

Are any or all of the above warranties a good deal, did you purchase them, would you do it again, are there better extended warranties elsewhere?

Thanks for any input.
Warranties like any form of insurance on your life is a personal choice. Your buying piece of mind. Whether they are making money or not shouldn't factor into your decision. People usually do things and sell things to make money. I have to laugh when people dish out advice on buying a warranty. This is simply another form of insurance period. You like having expensive things covered? Then get it. Cars if they break are very expensive to fix period. Remember the people that tell you it's a waste of money and not to get it will not pay for a repair should the car need it. Interesting how that works eh?
Old 05-29-2019, 06:49 AM
kratedisease
Melting Slicks

Received 2,088 Likes on 906 Posts

Originally Posted by Savoy2001
Warranties like any form of insurance on your life is a personal choice. Your buying piece of mind. Whether they are making money or not shouldn't factor into your decision. People usually do things and sell things to make money. I have to laugh when people dish out advice on buying a warranty. This is simply another form of insurance period. You like having expensive things covered? Then get it. Cars if they break are very expensive to fix period. Remember the people that tell you it's a waste of money and not to get it will not pay for a repair should the car need it. Interesting how that works eh?

I agree. Those who do not buy an extended warranty will also not pay to repair a non essential component out of warranty. ( power seat motor, audio speaker, traction control or magnetic shocks )

In fact if I did not have the extended warranty or was past the 7 year expiration of my extended warranty, I would have never paid $2500 to repair the fuel sending unit. I would just keep topping off the fuel tank and/or use the trip odometer to know when to re- fuel.

Last edited by kratedisease; 05-29-2019 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:45 AM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

I bought an extended warranty before I realized that a 2014 Z51, M7 is probably one of the most reliable C7s. I think if I had an A8 I'd be sure to extend the warranty. Otherwise it would be up to each individual. So far I've replaced a homelink unit in the left visor under warranty. Otherwise the Corvette's been extremely reliable.

Quick Reply: Extended Warranties on new C7 - Yes or No?