Sponsored by:

Ron Fellows travel logistics

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 05:43 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by cam69aro
I just got back this morning. like others said, you won`t be disappointed. I bought a new z06 so got to pound on the z06 at Spring Mountain for 2 days. the instructors are first class and you learn a lot in 2 days. already planning on the level 1 class next summer. it`s amazing and a great place to learn without getting a ticket. oh, if you want you can bring an SD card or buy one there (all the cars have card slots), record you runs and play them back to see how you can improve your lap times if you track your car. I brought mine and will be getting the Bosworth Toolbox for all the stats.
That's awesome. Testimonies like yours and everybody else's is making me pretty psych'd to go in March.
Old 09-21-2018, 06:14 PM
G8R-Vette
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by cam69aro
I just got back this morning. like others said, you won`t be disappointed. I bought a new z06 so got to pound on the z06 at Spring Mountain for 2 days. the instructors are first class and you learn a lot in 2 days. already planning on the level 1 class next summer. it`s amazing and a great place to learn without getting a ticket. oh, if you want you can bring an SD card or buy one there (all the cars have card slots), record you runs and play them back to see how you can improve your lap times if you track your car. I brought mine and will be getting the Bosworth Toolbox for all the stats.

Was there two weeks ago. Absolutely top drawer!!
Old 09-21-2018, 06:22 PM
cam69aro
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry about the typo, it`s Cosworth Toolbox, spell check got it wrong before I noticed it in the post. sorry guys. the software is amazing and they discuss it in the 2 day class in great depth. a few guys offered to plug their cards in for the demo, great product for free!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2018, 08:59 PM
Bigfoot16
Instructor

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

I went in late July. 2 nights stay and SD card was part of the package. Best experience I've ever had . The facility is great and the instructors are even better. If you think you like your car now, you will love it more after the class. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the track. Can't wait to go back.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:36 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

1 tip that no one else mentioned: Do not speed on the way to SM, or back to LV. There are LEOs everywhere. Bring a radar detector too.
Old 09-22-2018, 10:27 PM
TATPAD
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Same plan !

Will fly out the first Tuesday in Nov. Wed & Thurs class. The Wynn on Thurs night, dump the rental car.
Week 11 colledge football with some key match ups.
Gym, spa, dinners, and most important . . . a full Sat of sports betting and football starting at 9am. Going to be a blast of a week !!!
Old 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Silver C7
Burning Brakes

Received 313 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
1 tip that no one else mentioned: Do not speed on the way to SM, or back to LV. There are LEOs everywhere. Bring a radar detector too.
I was driving an orange Mustang...got up to 90 a time or two but quickly backed off. I th Ike the limit on 15 was 75. One difference between there and back here...you can see just about everything. Nowhere for LEO’s to hide unless they’re in a culvert or something.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:30 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Coming from the east coast, with 8+ hours of travel time, I wanted to be fresh for the school, so I flew out of NY on a mid-morning flight the day before, which got me to LAS at about 1:30 pm and I was at SMMP at about 3:30 pm, checked in, met some people, looked around the facility and went to dinner. Got a good night sleep and was feeling great for the first day of class.
After the second day, I took an early red-eye (9 pm) home, which got me into NY at 4:45 am the following day, since really don't care how fresh I am for a day with nothing significant planned.
Imo, getting to SMMP at a reasonable hour the day before is more important that staying after the school is over.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:29 PM
jimmbbo
Melting Slicks

Received 950 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
Driving out of Pahrump toward Vegas on NV160, a LEO was waiting at the top of a rise shortly after the speed limit increased... The instructors cautioned the class about their presence.

Last edited by jimmbbo; 09-23-2018 at 02:30 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:47 PM
cam69aro
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmbbo
Driving out of Pahrump toward Vegas on NV160, a LEO was waiting at the top of a rise shortly after the speed limit increased... The instructors cautioned the class about their presence.
didn`t see any LEO but were warned from SMR

Old 09-28-2018, 04:25 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
I was thinking about booking a Corvette owners package today (for end of September). The first thing I discovered was that most of the rest of the year the condos are booked up by Michelin so you'd have to stay at the Holiday Inn a couple miles away. That was a bummer to hear. The other thing is I can't find any flights after 4:00 P.M. the last day so I'd have to stay another night and fly out in the morning. Did you guys have to stay 3 nights? You have to get there a day early, the event is two days so they pay for one night. Just wondering what everyone else did. You have to rent a car for transportation. Maybe I'll wait and do it in in Spring and flights will be better the last day. I have till July next year to use my discount.
I spent a couple extra days in Vegas and caught a couple shows on the strip. Vegas is an awesome town. When the class is finished drive to Vegas and check into a hotel there. Have fun, get a good nights sleep and fly home the next morning. I have been to Ron Fellows five times and did this every time. My wife wasn’t crazy about watching me have fun on the track so she met me in Vegas when I was done with the class. Think about it.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:41 PM
xwing
Race Director

Received 81 Likes on 57 Posts

We just spent time in Vegas before and after the class. It's easier than trying to shoehorn the flights... And lots of places in Vegas are reasonably inexpensive (if you don't need to be at a fancy hotel on the strip.)
Old 11-16-2018, 02:42 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

I just booked a class in March on my birthday so I'm all set. Can't wait. Donna at Ron Fellows is so awesome to deal with. What a sweet heart. She was religious about sending me monthly e-mail follow up's and phone calls. Left messages. Very smart marketing if you ask me.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:17 PM
glava2876
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

I just booked a class in March on my birthday so I'm all set. Can't wait. Donna at Ron Fellows is so awesome to deal with. What a sweet heart. She was religious about sending me monthly e-mail follow up's and phone calls. Left messages. Very smart marketing if you ask me.
When are you going to be there -I'm booked for March 25/ 26. It was 3 years ago when I went after buying my 2015 Z51, but that was in January or early February 2016 -there was a dusting of snow in the early am.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:05 PM
Runflatred
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are going to have a fantastic time. Rick Malone and and the rest of the instructors are all top shelf. They are the most helpful people in the world. Have a great time.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by glava2876
When are you going to be there -I'm booked for March 25/ 26. It was 3 years ago when I went after buying my 2015 Z51, but that was in January or early February 2016 -there was a dusting of snow in the early am.
March 18th and 19th. Donna said it should be in the 70s.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:20 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

I am there March 28/29, but am in the Cadillac V School this trip. A top notch experience. I bought my V with 1400 miles on it so don't even get the discount but I am willing to pay full boat based on my experience at the Corvette School. Anyone that can use the discount and doesn't go is making a huge mistake.

Get notified of new replies

To Ron Fellows travel logistics

Old 11-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by pkincy
I am there March 28/29, but am in the Cadillac V School this trip. A top notch experience. I bought my V with 1400 miles on it so don't even get the discount but I am willing to pay full boat based on my experience at the Corvette School. Anyone that can use the discount and doesn't go is making a huge mistake.
There is some major merit behind that testimony. Glad I'm going. It'll be probably the only professional car racing training I'll get, unless I get so hooked I gotta go every year after that. My class is booked and flights as well. I'm not screwing around waiting till all the good flights are taken. Both of my flights are direct (SouthWest).
Old 11-19-2018, 01:54 PM
jimjimsC7
Pro

Received 481 Likes on 233 Posts

I'm booked for March 27 & 28 and my brother is booked in the CTS-V class March 26 & 27. We'll be staying onsite for 2 nights then back to Vegas for 4 nights, making a vacation out of it.
Old 11-19-2018, 02:34 PM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

Just checked my confirmation letter and I will be in your Brother's class in an ATS-V on 26/27.

Both my evening meals for the Corvette School were offsite. One a Mexican restaurant and the other a family cafe spot. Both came to $11 including tip. An interesting place outside the gates. Lots of open carry as one of the nation's top shooting schools is also in Pahrump.

Last edited by pkincy; 11-19-2018 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Ron Fellows travel logistics