Sponsored by:

Just trying to get my story out

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 08:59 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Received 308 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Guy gm screwed

i’m really not worried that much if you believe me or not. This is my old ZR one on the right. I tracked it for 5 1/2 years. The one on the left is my new ZR one that was paid in full I watch them take the covering off of it and then I left. In their inspection only thing they found was a cracked vendor and they let me know about it. I took delivery because I thought that was the only small issue. This purchase was to replace my truck car. What made me not want the vehicle anymore was the other big problems that came up with the vehicle within days of me owning it. The story is not changing because it’s already true. The reason for me posting in this forum is because someone recommended this to me to get my story out. And hopefully some help. If you’re not willing to help put your tongue back in your mouth.

So your telling us the dealer takes your brand new ZR1 with a CRACKED FENDER and they put it on the show room floor to display it for all to see.... Let me see if I ordered my 145k dream car would i let them put it out on the floor where some brain dead soccer mom lets her 5 year old crash the new baby's stroller past the ropes into the side of my car ???? The crack was there on delivery but you took it to get expel before it was fixed... air conditioning not working on delivery??? dash falling apart??? I dont buy it one bit!!!

The following 2 users liked this post by RFBHD:
Hate2Wait (09-18-2018), iw172 (09-18-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:22 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Look in your little warranty booklet and get the BBB website address and access it and plug and shug in your info. GM and BBB will contact you and you will get results IF you have a case. Booklet stats that if they can't fix your car after ample opportunity they will buy back or replace. I did this with my 16 stingray and they bought it back. Good luck
The following users liked this post:
CorvetteBrent (09-19-2018)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:34 AM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

I'm not sure how the laws work in your state, but if you were in NY, you would win a lemon law case on this easily. You need to elect better politicians in your state that support consumer protection laws - there is no way you should get stuck with that car if your story is accurate.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:34 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

I ordered the car and was there when they unwrapped the white cover off of it. They threw a big party for me the next day with food cake and live music. They had the car roped off. I showed up to the party and stood around with my friends and a lot of people I didn’t know before they took the ropes off from around my car. Car only had a couple miles on it when I drove away . I took it straight to my detail guy to have paint protection installed on everything except the bad fender except he found all the paint problems. I will have a lemon law case if they can’t fix this suspension issue. Attorney told me to call him back once I have multiple shop visits. Going to Bowling Green Kentucky with banners is my dealerships idea. They have tried everything to help me. They were even going to send my card back to General Motors but GM would not take it back.
What person in his right mind would actually take delivery of any brand new speical order car let alone a 145k ZR1 and pay for it with that crack in the fender??? The dealer told you to go to Bowling Green with THIS CAR IS A LEMON signs... yeah right
Old 09-18-2018, 09:39 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

my friend that owns streetcar takeover got me in contact with Jamie Meyer which is head of GM performance parts and I emailed him and never heard anything back. I also threw a YouTube her friend got the cell phone number for the head of GM quality control Corvettes and for a second he acted like cared. But then he told me that is what dealerships are for to repair what comes out of the factory wrong. I think this car has far too many problems with it for the factory to send out. My detail guy removed orange paint on top of clear coat that revealed a huge group of fish eyes where someone’s hand or thumb was. This was a cover-up. this was a cover-up Attempt.
yes I am sure the new paint plant sprayed paint OVER the clear coat to cover up flaws..... total BS !!!!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:40 AM
2500 hd
Race Director

Received 367 Likes on 231 Posts
St. Jude Donor ‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

And, you joined this forum just to bitch about the car...
GMAFB
Old 09-18-2018, 09:41 AM
iw172
Drifting

Location: Retired early,everyday is Saturday...Hocking Hills Ohio
Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD
So your telling us the dealer takes your brand new ZR1 with a CRACKED FENDER and they put it on the show room floor to display it for all to see.... Let me see if I ordered my 145k dream car would i let them put it out on the floor where some brain dead soccer mom lets her 5 year old crash the new baby's stroller past the ropes into the side of my car ???? The crack was there on delivery but you took it to get expel before it was fixed... air conditioning not working on delivery??? dash falling apart??? I dont buy it one bit!!!
exactly. that bitch wouldn’t have moved an inch w/that much **** wrong w/it...
Old 09-18-2018, 09:45 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rsvette12
Dang 720 would have been my first choice
If i had 500K laying around to buy a supercar.... a ZR1 would not be anywhere on my radar..... and lets get real 720...no way 488 GTB
Old 09-18-2018, 09:51 AM
RFBHD
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Why didn't you take the car back in two days from new after your Xpel guy found all the stuff wrong with it? You could have called off the deal within 72 hours in all likelihood. But I stead you went racing with the car, right? When did you buy this car? Do you have pics of the body fracture and paint n dash damage?
Montana man, you'd get a better response from Dave Smith Chevrolet if you'd picket the dealship all day Saturdays and weekdays. If you really want to get a response, maybe set the car on fire in front of the dealership after the news media arrive to get your story of woe.
I dont know about the crack..... but someone is smoking it
Old 09-18-2018, 09:59 AM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Damn, some pretty critical opinions here. I, for one, believe not only did this happen to OPs ZR1, but it happens often on many Corvettes. There is something wrong with this new 450,000 sq ft paint shop at BG, or the QC queens need to be fired. This is the route I'll go with the C8 (Z06 or ZR1), but I'll spend a lot of time on the car at delivery before I drive 1 mile.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:17 AM
ByRiver
Safety Car

Received 613 Likes on 422 Posts

Yes I was in the first group of people that ordered a car. It’s really not that uncommon for people to build a successful business. I put in 20 long hard years and now I’m going to enjoy life. Is it a character flaw to be wealthy and retired? It is kind of nice to have the money laying around and knowing I worked for it.
Not hating. I don't own a business, but do well enough that I could afford to buy a new car for cash, too. I couldn't justify spending that much for a car, but would for a cheaper car. I''ll just wait for a year or two and get it for $90k.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:29 AM
C5Driver
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 93 Posts

All I knew when I took possession was a crack in the fender. I thought GM would just send me a painted fender from factory and I would have a car. But no I found out shortly after that there are many major issues which made me feel ripped off .
Do me a favor, call the plant ask for the plant mgrs office send them pictures. Tell them you want them to pick up the car from the dealer take it back to the plant and FIX IT. Im guessing they will do it another member had this done with total satisfaction. Make the call.

Last edited by C5Driver; 09-18-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:15 AM
firstvettesoon
Melting Slicks

Received 1,906 Likes on 750 Posts

Sorry for your troubles! Crappy deal.

My worthless suggestions.

Never... never pay cash up front! ; )

Pay down payment with CC. The CC company may be able to help if you have issue and dispute.

If if you know there is an issue that needs to be fixed when you pick up the car. Have the manager put it in writing that they will fix it in a reasonable time frame or replace vehicle.

My State has a 30 day “ buyer remorse” type return policy. Any issues within 30 days, you can return car for refund. Or at least there was. I actually had to threaten a dealer with this one to get a refund adjustment on a lease.

Sounds like your your car will have other issues down the road. Keep bringing it in for service until the lemon law kicks in.

Try local/ national news programs for public interest in doing a consumer beware piece on buying cars... higher visibility. GM may not want to look greedy and heartless that they don’t provide great customer service. They don’t want bad PR ... especially when they are about to release the C8.

Many opportunities to show up at c8 events with your busted ZR1 and grab attention from media !

Remain civil. Take the high road... until you are forced to take the low.. ; )
Just some thoughts.

As above, if you haven’t already, contact corporate for help. Dealer can/ will only do so much.

Last edited by firstvettesoon; 09-18-2018 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:51 AM
ArmchairArchitect
Banned Scam/Spammer

Location: Philadelphia PA (Birthplace of the USA, UNESCO World Heritage City)
Received 3,916 Likes on 1,616 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

Pay down payment with CC. The CC company may be able to help if you have issue and dispute.
Most CCs have nowhere near a $140k credit limit, even for high income earners. Not to mention most dealerships won't accept CC, nor is it customary, due to the 3% merchant fee.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:59 AM
I Fly Low
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Steven Bell
What do you mean, "It's still on the left"?
*lift
Old 09-18-2018, 12:01 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by RFBHD
I dont know about the crack..... but someone is smoking it
Yes, please stop it.
Old 09-18-2018, 12:12 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by firstvettesoon

If if you know there is an issue that needs to be fixed when you pick up the car. Have the manager put it in writing that they will fix it in a reasonable time frame or replace vehicle.

My State has a 30 day “ buyer remorse” type return policy. Any issues within 30 days, you can return car for refund. Or at least there was. I actually had to threaten a dealer with this one to get a refund adjustment on a lease.

Sounds like your your car will have other issues down the road. Keep bringing it in for service until the lemon law kicks in.

Try local/ national news programs for public interest in doing a consumer beware piece on buying cars... higher visibility. GM may not want to look greedy and heartless that they don’t provide great customer service. They don’t want bad PR ... especially when they are about to release the C8.

Many opportunities to show up at c8 events with your busted ZR1 and grab attention from media !

Remain civil. Take the high road... until you are forced to take the low.. ; )
Just some thoughts.

As above, if you haven’t already, contact corporate for help. Dealer can/ will only do so much.

thank you!
I have always paid cash for my vehicles they have all turned out fine. It’s funny that some of the other comments people act like I knew about all the problems with the vehicle when I purchased it . Lol there’s a bunch of Tuesday morning quarterbacks. What I should’ve done. Since it was a track car I was going to have everything wrapped except the one fender then my detailer removed paint on top of clear coat that was hiding the defects. I agree if Chevrolet does not do something to reimburse some of my money I’m going to travel the country like I normally do Racing and my story out there. I’ll be at Sema at the end of October. GM’s going to love me .

firstvettesoon (09-18-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Just trying to get my story out

Old 09-18-2018, 12:23 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

If the dealership is refusing to give you your car back that you paid for that almost sounds like theft to me. Sorry for your situation i wish you the best.
kathym (03-14-2019)
Old 09-18-2018, 12:28 PM
Guy gm screwed
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Driver
Do me a favor, call the plant ask for the plant mgrs office send them pictures. Tell them you want them to pick up the car from the dealer take it back to the plant and FIX IT. Im guessing they will do it another member had this done with total satisfaction. Make the call.
they don’t take cards back to the plant .
Old 09-18-2018, 12:38 PM
Luke42_02
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 545 Likes on 192 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Originally Posted by rsvette12
I wouldn't go for a new fender - would never match - needs to be blended - good luck with this - not a good situation
This is not neccissarily true. I have body panels from 5 different cars on my 2015. All match really well. I suppose some might not match, but a brand new car with a brand new fender? I’d bet it matches pretty well.
firstvettesoon (09-18-2018)

Quick Reply: Just trying to get my story out