Sponsored by:

Kerbeck washing new Vettes incorrectly

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2018, 02:57 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Received 627 Likes on 397 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
This thread has really shown who the whiners are on this forum.
Good Job.

Just shut up and drive your plastic car already.
Whining about whining... oh the irony... lol.

Go back to playing with your crotch rocket, mommy and daddy are talking.
Old 10-16-2018, 02:57 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by JALLEN4
This thread has been going on now for quite a while with a great number of views and responses. What has to be confusing is where are all the other Kerbeck customers chiming in with their similar problems as the OP? This year they are the largest Corvette dealer in the country and actually do ship cars all over the country. Does it make sense that there was only one car they did not know how to wash? I read this forum regularly and have never seen this problem reported before from them. It seems logical to me that as incompetent as the OP portrays them there would be at least one other Kerbeck customer with the same problem.
Fair point... if there have been no other complaints, its fair to wonder if this was caused by the dealer.
Old 10-16-2018, 04:46 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 4,002 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by kennyjames21
Fair point... if there have been no other complaints, its fair to wonder if this was caused by the dealer.
Another BiPolar kennykeyboard post; "All customers are liars.". So* go ahead and prove the dealer didn't do it. We'll wait.......
Old 10-16-2018, 04:48 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

This thread has been going on now for quite a while with a great number of views and responses. What has to be confusing is where are all the other Kerbeck customers chiming in with their similar problems as the OP? This year they are the largest Corvette dealer in the country and actually do ship cars all over the country. Does it make sense that there was only one car they did not know how to wash? I read this forum regularly and have never seen this problem reported before from them. It seems logical to me that as incompetent as the OP portrays them there would be at least one other Kerbeck customer with the same problem.
This proves my point that dealers' first assumption is that the customer must be lying. Never fails......although dealers will never admit that it happened there, before shipping the car.

Last edited by Skid Row Joe; 10-16-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:10 PM
Mcrider
Le Mans Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 400 Posts

WOW...200 posts about a car wash!!

The following users liked this post:
Steve_R (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 05:24 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Another BiPolar kennykeyboard post; "All customers are liars.". So* go ahead and prove the dealer didn't do it. We'll wait.......
Time to up the meds... lol.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:25 PM
kennyjames21
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mcrider

WOW...200 posts about a car wash!!
Seeing that you found something called "Neuticles"... I'd hate to see your browsing history.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:12 PM
JDSKY
Melting Slicks

Received 1,200 Likes on 592 Posts

Agree that the condition of the paint on that new car is totally unacceptable. Definitely feel for the OP and he should not have to accept it.

The only issue I see though is the dealer should have been contacted and allowed to respond before any paint correction was done. Just getting the work completed and then expecting them to pay the bill (or a portion of it) is not allowing the dealer to provide some a remedy of their choosing. Not saying anything would have gone differently in this case but that would be the normally accepted procedure to follow.

I recently had some pin hole rust coming through the paint on the roof of one of my auto's that is only 18 months old. I took the vehicle to my trusted body shop first, they inspected and provided an estimate and their recommended course of action. I then took the vehicle to the dealer, their service department documented the problem and then had me contact the manufacturers customer service department for North America. After three weeks of phone conversations I received a denial of the claim. After another back and forth the warranty team for the manufacturer decided to cover the cost of the repairs but in order to receive any compensation at all (no cost repair to my vehicle) I had to allow the manufacturer to repair it at one of their certified auto body repair shops. The remedy they proposed was not exactly what my body shop recommended but in the end I have a rust free vehicle again and the repair, while not ideal, is acceptable and did not cost me a cent.

If I had just told my body shop to proceed with the repair the work would have been done but I am pretty sure I would have not received any compensation for the work at all. I do wish the OP the best of luck with this and hope he is now happy with that paint. I have seen a couple of cars with that color on them and they look very nice.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:05 PM
CarterRuss
Instructor

Received 98 Likes on 57 Posts

Maybe they just don't want to be bothered from people that don't get it. Maybe they have moved on. Maybe they didn't notice. Maybe they don't care because it's just a "Chevy". Who knows but I know I am not the only one:

Old 10-16-2018, 07:07 PM
CarterRuss
Instructor

there would be at least one other Kerbeck customer with the same problem.
Last one was a PM. One more maybe...maybe they aren't on the forum.

Skid Row Joe (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 07:15 PM
CarterRuss
Instructor

I'd like to thank all of the **** posters in here that keep bumping this to the top. Thank you for your useless comments as you bring more attention to something you feel should not have attention:

"WOW...200 posts about a car wash!!"
"This thread has really shown who the whiners are on this forum"
"The level of OCD of some people never ceases to amaze me. "

In a genuine thanks: appreciate the comments (both on my side and the opposing), this is getting worked out and the information gained will aid me in my next purchase.
Skid Row Joe (10-16-2018)
Old 10-16-2018, 07:31 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kennyjames21
Time to up the meds... lol.

Time to put the dope pipe down, krazykenny. LOL!
Old 10-16-2018, 08:38 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

As posted earlier, 200 posts and I have no desire to go back, but is there any possibility that the damage happened during the shipping?
Old 10-16-2018, 10:32 PM
CarterRuss
Instructor

Originally Posted by ricks327
As posted earlier, 200 posts and I have no desire to go back, but is there any possibility that the damage happened during the shipping?
My car was the first in the truck I believe and was last out due to the cross country trip so I'm going to say no with a 99% certainty.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:47 PM
ricks327
Race Director

Received 1,613 Likes on 901 Posts

After viewing your pictures I would hope the dealer makes you whole.

Quick Reply: Kerbeck washing new Vettes incorrectly