Sponsored by:

That feeling when you welcome any excuse to go for a drive

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2018, 09:54 AM
Flame Red
Le Mans Master

Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

That feeling when you welcome any excuse to go for a drive
Any excuse to go for a drive - well almost any excuse. Except when the wife wants to go visit her relatives!
Old 12-24-2018, 10:03 AM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by DALE#3
PIA To have to do a SALT watch.But I know how you Feel I know it's mass produced.It's my 63 Split window i didn't want to purchase because of their ride comfort and lack of,well alot. Hate a friggen mark on it.
I can't afford to trade and lose or replace.No salt yesterday.We had a little flurry last nite. Cause some can't drive even on rails.We probably got a nice Dumping of Salt ****.Yup,Pissed

Any excuse to Drive is a Good One if Road is Clean and above 30 degrees
The odd thing is, today we're getting some light flurries, but yet the salt trucks are nowhere in sight! They still aren't necessary, IMO, but why did they salt dry roads the other day?? Such a waste of money (and there is a salt shortage in Ontario too, so they could screw themselves later on in the season)
Old 12-24-2018, 10:04 AM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
Hum, reminds me, my wife hasn't even been in my GS in the 18 months I've had it, I need to take her for a ride over the Holidays.
Originally Posted by FLEXjs
How is that even possible?
It is pretty simple - wife doesn't like the car.
I have had my 2018 GS for a little over 18 months, and my wife hasn't been in it yet either. I don't think she was in my 2014 more than 2x in the entire 40 months I owned it.
My wife, who at 5'7" and 115 lbs isn't a big woman, says it is very claustrophobic (more so than the two C6's I had) and just doesn't like it.
Most all of my weekend drives are taken with one of college age my daughters who enjoy a nice touring ride in the car - both are bigger than the wife.
I am hoping for at least one more cruise in the GS before it needs to go to sleep for the winter. We have had way too much rainy cold in the last two months - pretty much every weekend; and it is 36 degrees and raining now, so it doesn't look like it is going out today either.
Old 12-24-2018, 10:12 AM
FLEXjs
Le Mans Master

Received 661 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
It is pretty simple - wife doesn't like the car.
That's unfortunate. We did a bunch of last minute shopping and errands yesterday in the Vette and she was just gushing over the car. And this is a woman who's never had a driver's license. She said the seats are very comfortable and she says there's more elbow room for her in the Vette than in my Charger. She said she likes how she has her own little space.

I'm very glad I made the decision to buy this car because I always figured at some point I'd upgrade from my SRT 392 to a Hellcat and I am so glad I didn't go that route, because I think it just would have been more of the same and quite boring.

Old 12-24-2018, 12:35 PM
GSDUBBZo6
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FLEXjs
I picked up my C7 Z06 on November 10; it spent a week in my driveway then I put it in storage. I drove it to work once and to the gym once. That was it.

But it was nice on Thursday and the storage unit is near my office so I went an fetched it. It'll go back tomorrow probably as I need my 4-door car for taking our kids with us to family events over Christmas.

So when Mrs Flex said she need to hit a bank to get some cash tonight I jumped at the chance. Also took some pics. I love this car. She does too. I've had some nice cars since we've been together but I don't think she ever liked any of them the way she likes this one.

Anyway while she was in the bank I took some pics; I really like this one:

I don’t know how the people that live in extreme weather get through putting it away for the winter months. I can barely not drive it for a few days. Thank god for California weather!
Old 12-24-2018, 02:49 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin A Jones
She's just not a car person and I've had a lot of cool sportscars including many Corvettes. It's like, "hey honey I got a new Corvette convertible today"; "oh, that's nice".
Now my kids, grand kids and son-in-laws love them. We've got some free time over the Holidays so I will take her for a spin. I think she will like it. She seemed to like my DeLoreans most of all.
Oh man Kevin, I hate to hear that. When my dearest, and I started dating she knew I was a car guy. Slowly but surely she developed her own affection and appreciation for sports and muscle cars, and is now a full blown car gal. She's drives a 2018 Mustang GT convertible, it being her 3rd GT. When we pull out onto the highway for the first time in the new GS she looked over , and said "Wow, what a great car". What a woman. A lucky man I am.

Hopefully Ms. Jones will give a little and at least come to appreciate your beautiful GS vert. I wish you luck my friend.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 12-24-2018 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2018, 02:53 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Flex, I can't imagine how hard it is to store a Corvette over the winter. Living in the south eastern section of the the U.S.A. (the south east section of North Carolina in the flat lands) we only get a little bad weather that makes us keep the cars in the garage. But, like this week it's been sunny and in the mid 50's F. You can't put the top down, but you can surely get in some good drives.
Old 12-24-2018, 03:18 PM
Patman
Race Director

Received 1,920 Likes on 1,192 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Flex, I can't imagine how hard it is to store a Corvette over the winter. Living in the south eastern section of the the U.S.A. (the south east section of North Carolina in the flat lands) we only get a little bad weather that makes us keep the cars in the garage. But, like this week it's been sunny and in the mid 50's F. You can't put the top down, but you can surely get in some good drives.
FlexJS lives in the same area as me, and we get mild winters here with lots of opportunities to drive our Corvettes on dry salt free roads, so I bet he won't need to wait until spring to drive his Z again. In fact other than today (where we're getting some light snow flurries) the next 7 days look very promising for going out for some drives. I have already put 275 miles on mine in the month of December and I predict January and February will see similar mileage. Some people on here who live in California or Florida probably don't add this many miles on theirs in the winter.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (12-24-2018)
Old 12-24-2018, 05:41 PM
harmonyp
Burning Brakes

Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Even as I drive mine almost 20K miles a year, I STILL volunteer to do weekend errands just to drive some more. No much driving is too much when you're in a C7!

Quick Reply: That feeling when you welcome any excuse to go for a drive