Sponsored by:

Ordering Advice

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019, 02:00 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,932 Likes on 2,421 Posts

Originally Posted by KenHorse
I wanted to give my local dealer a shot at meeting the price I received from MacMulkin (I have a really good relationship with my local guys). They couldn't come close, I told them I wanted to give them a chance but ended up ordering through MacMulkin. I did the courtesy delivery through my local guys though......
You really got your money's worth on that courtesy delivery going across the entire country.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:00 PM
gliot1
Safety Car

Received 1,450 Likes on 755 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

I highly reccomend Criswell in MD. Like many above, I worked my deal online, they beat all others and I drove in fron Chicago and my salesman Ryan delivered. I got no surprises and tge paperwork was wrapped up in a couple hrs. And I was on the road. I feel so goid about them, that next time I will just have it shipoed sight unseen....good guys all around.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:08 PM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

Any of the top 3 dealers are good at what they do and are nice to work with.
Call each or the price out the door and see who fells the best for you.
I'm sure they all can find the car you want.
Choos one and order it!
Old 01-12-2019, 02:24 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,400 Likes on 1,365 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
You really got your money's worth on that courtesy delivery going across the entire country.
Indeed! I feel for the guys who pay the same flat-rate delivery fee for museum delivery!
Old 01-12-2019, 03:01 PM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by dkommor
Good morning all,

I am looking to order a 2019 and was hoping for some advice from forum members. I live on Long Island and haven't had great success with local dealers. I'm thinking about calling Kerbeck. Looking to buy a 1 or 2LT Convertible in white with a 7spd. manual . I've checked dealer stock nationally and can not find this car Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

I seriously doubt that there's not 1 in-stock,
Nationally???

..Mines a bought new Arctic White, Stingray convertible 3LT, M7. Found in-State, in-stock, @ -20% discount back of MSRP.

​​​​​​​
Old 01-12-2019, 03:13 PM
BEAR-AvHistory
Drifting

Received 702 Likes on 467 Posts

First day here, former '67 Coupe owner.

Is there a list of people who will deal on the cars? Have bought all my daily drivers from remote dealers for the past 20 years. Expect to get back to Corvette next car & will shop price.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:03 PM
dbirdhouse1
Safety Car

Received 875 Likes on 587 Posts

Default ahhh I can see it now...

…."cruising" on the LIE....just kidding, good luck with the search
Old 01-12-2019, 04:18 PM
Avanti
Race Director

Received 5,188 Likes on 3,440 Posts

All too frequently supporting ones local yokels is not only financially unsound, but they haven't a clue about the car and couldn't care less about it or the buyer after the car is delivered (including what today passes for "prep"). I ordered my C5 locally... not since and NEVER again!

I've not ordered from Kerbeck, but have bought from them. All good, including a weird glitch with the one I flew in to pick-up... gave me an identical year newer C7 for the same price the same afternoon. No problemo.

Last edited by Avanti; 01-12-2019 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 04:19 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Avanti
All too frequently supporting ones local yokels is not only financially unsound, but they haven't a clue about the car and couldn't care less about it or the buyer after the car is delivered (including what today passes for "prep"). I order my C5 locally... not since and NEVER again!
There's a reason people keep going back to the "Big 3".....

/thread
Old 01-12-2019, 04:48 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory
First day here, former '67 Coupe owner.
Is there a list of people who will deal on the cars? Have bought all my daily drivers from remote dealers for the past 20 years. Expect to get back to Corvette next car & will shop price.
Welcome to the forum my Tarheel brother. The top 4 vendors for us eastcoasters would be Criswell (Maryland), McMulkin (New Hampshire), Kerbeck (New Jersey), and Coughlin (Ohio). We just bought our '19 from Mike Furman at Criswell, and it was a great experience. Drove up, picked it up, and drove back to the Charlotte area. Many other forum members have bought from the others, and have had great experiences also. If you're thinking of ordering a 2019, don't wait too long. No one knows when the order banks will close for those. Good luck on your search.
The following users liked this post:
BEAR-AvHistory (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,932 Likes on 2,421 Posts

There's a reason people keep going back to the "Big 3".....

/thread
Yep, once you see how it's supposed to be done, there's no going anywhere else.
Rebel Yell (01-12-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:02 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Indeed! I feel for the guys who pay the same flat-rate delivery fee for museum delivery!
Yeah, it was a real drag picking up my car at the museum, getting a personal tour of the factory and the museum, and having a knowledgeable museum employee spend an entire day with my wife and me. Then to, add insult to injury I was forced to DRIVE my brand new convertible clear back to the Seattle area, messed up, went the wrong way through the Tail of the Dragon, made another wrong turn through Las Vegas, and wound up home three weeks later. I'm certainly glad to hear someone, at least, has some sympathy for the ordeal we endured. It was tough, I gotta tell ya.

The following 3 users liked this post by mschuyler:
direct007 (01-17-2019), G8R-Vette (01-15-2019), speedlink (01-15-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:04 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Yeah, it was a real drag picking up my car at the museum, getting a personal tour of the factory and the museum, and having a knowledgeable museum employee spend an entire day with my wife and me. Then to, add insult to injury I was forced to DRIVE my brand new convertible clear back to the Seattle area, messed up, went the wrong way through the Tail of the Dragon, made another wrong turn through Las Vegas, and wound up home three weeks later. I'm certainly glad to hear someone, at least, has some sympathy for the ordeal we endured. It was tough, I gotta tell ya.

joemessman (01-14-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 06:36 PM
Que Rich
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts

I bought my 2019 Stingray local and got a decent deal. My next Vette will definitely be through Criswell tho!!
Old 01-12-2019, 06:38 PM
Que Rich
Instructor

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell
Welcome to the forum my Tarheel brother. The top 4 vendors for us eastcoasters would be Criswell (Maryland), McMulkin (New Hampshire), Kerbeck (New Jersey), and Coughlin (Ohio). We just bought our '19 from Mike Furman at Criswell, and it was a great experience. Drove up, picked it up, and drove back to the Charlotte area. Many other forum members have bought from the others, and have had great experiences also. If you're thinking of ordering a 2019, don't wait too long. No one knows when the order banks will close for those. Good luck on your search.
I bought mine from Ben Mynatt in Concord and they did good but I’ll use Criswell next time!!
Old 01-12-2019, 07:10 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,311 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Mike Furman returned my email within an hour. Price is $53,936 minus any GM incentives at time of delivery. I'm certain that this car will need to be ordered. Thoughts?
Call him back and order the car lol

You won't be disappointed, I live in ny/nj and have bought 2 vettes and a tahoe from mike, just do it
Old 01-12-2019, 08:56 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

I have had good experiences with both Kerbeck and MacMulkin - you can't go wrong with either.
Kerbeck is a little closer in mileage, but if you are travelling alone from Long Island, MacMulkin is easier to get to - JetBlue to Logan and they will pick you up at the airport.

Get notified of new replies

To Ordering Advice

Old 01-12-2019, 09:18 PM
MHE-Plex
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 137 Likes on 115 Posts

I'm sure Kerbeck and Criswell would be fine but I ordered from MacMulkin in Nashua NH. I'd never heard of any of these dealers until I found this forum. I sent a build I made online to MacMulkin and they emailed back a price. That's what I paid and not a penny more - not even for the FedEx paperwork back and forth. (Although I did pay for a stinger and Xpel.) It was shipped to my front door by Intercity.

Piece of cake. No waiting for allocation. Got exactly what I wanted. Love it.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:25 PM
ArchitectMike
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

I wanted a 2018 M7 2LT Grand Sport with a grey interior. None were in stock nationally with that interior, so I emailed Kerbeck, MacMulkin, and Criswell for quotes on an ordered car. I wrote all three on a Sunday night. I got a reply from Mike Furman at Criswell first thing the following Monday morning. Kerbeck sent an auto-reply; MacMulkin didn't respond to my email. Both Kerbeck and MacMulkin needed a phone call from me before they sent their quotes. All three offered a particular percentage off MSRP. The difference between high and low was $600, with Mike Furman being the lowest. In the end, my local dealer had allocation and offered to match Mike's price. I accepted and the car arrived 4 weeks later.

A month following, I went to my first Corvettes at Carlisle and met Mike Furman. Super nice guy and very helpful, even though I didn't buy my car from him. If my local dealer hadn't matched the price, I'd have purchased from Mike. He's most certainly worth a call.
speedlink (01-15-2019)
Old 01-12-2019, 10:56 PM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Good morning all,

I am looking to order a 2019 and was hoping for some advice from forum members. I live on Long Island and haven't had great success with local dealers. I'm thinking about calling Kerbeck. Looking to buy a 1 or 2LT Convertible in white with a 7spd. manual . I've checked dealer stock nationally and can not find this car. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave
I wasnt in the office today, but send me an email with what you are looking for and I'll get you a price. You won't regret it!

Dave

Quick Reply: Ordering Advice