Sponsored by:

SoCal XPel recommendation request

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 11:31 PM
Palantirion
Burning Brakes

Received 268 Likes on 150 Posts
Default SoCal XPel recommendation request

I now know that my C7 ZR1 exists in our corporeal plane, and I am awaiting delivery. I already have extended rock guards in my garage awaiting the car. So it is time to consider paint protection.

I do my own detailing, and did not have PPF installed on any of my BMWs. I can see how in some cases it would have helped, and in other situations it would have been a waste of money. But given the fine sand that always seems to be on the I5, and the necessity of tracking the ZR1, I am strongly considering PPF. And of those I lean toward Xpel (unless anyone has a significant argument).

Questions:
1) As I am not going to wrap the entire car, I will still be detailing the exposed paint. Does a D/A present a problem to overlapping the edge of the Xpel?
2) What can be done to detail the Xpel so it and the exposed paint have the same surface gloss?
3) Is Xpel cut to the car, or is it a kit? If the latter, does a kit exist yet for the ZR1?
4) Who knows of a reliable quality installer in Southern CA? Preferably around north OC.
Old 01-14-2019, 11:54 PM
blkvet6
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts

Palantirion: I sent you a private email.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:45 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 430 Likes on 251 Posts

OP, check out Premier Auto Armor in Corona. Nick does excellent work. He's also a car enthusiast and will treat your car as if it is his own. Everything is done by appointment and he keeps you informed every step of the way from drop off to pick up.

Get notified of new replies

To SoCal XPel recommendation request

Quick Reply: SoCal XPel recommendation request