C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much would you pay for this GS?

 
Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 AM
  #21  
Zjoe6
CF Senior Member
 
Zjoe6's Avatar
 
Member Since: Aug 2015
Posts: 2,190
Thanked 505 Times in 386 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
I'm not really sure why you'd want them for street use. Iron brakes are way more than what you'd ever use on the street. I don't think I could overheat them on the street if I tried.
I've never driven them on the C7, but on other cars they can be noisy on the street too.
I wouldn’t want them or the cup 2 tires. The suspension would be ok where I drive.
Zjoe6 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM
  #22  
GShunter
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 75
Thanked 28 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
You probably don't want carbon ceramic brakes then. While they're lighter and have much better fade resistance, consumable cost is insane.
I totally agree, i was not at all looking for a car with Z07 package. it just so happened to find this car, which has the right color, options, low miles and priced well below market. I am essentially getting the Z07 stuff with it. I didnt wanna not get a car just because it has the Z07. But i totally get your perspective. The cost to replace CCBs per axle is about 3000 bucks I checked.
GShunter is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM
  #23  
GShunter
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 75
Thanked 28 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Zjoe6 View Post
Yup. The key word is track. These don't last long on the track. Street driving they last a long time.
Agreed, my usage is street with about 3-4 track days a year. I am expecting it to last about 2-3 years or 20K miles.
GShunter is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM
  #24  
village idiot
CF Senior Member
 
village idiot's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,398
Thanked 642 Times in 444 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GShunter View Post
I totally agree, i was not at all looking for a car with Z07 package. it just so happened to find this car, which has the right color, options, low miles and priced well below market. I am essentially getting the Z07 stuff with it. I didnt wanna not get a car just because it has the Z07. But i totally get your perspective. The cost to replace CCBs per axle is about 3000 bucks I checked.
I know people that swapped over to Iron and sold their CCB. You can get a good amount for them at that low of mileage. Use that money for 18" wheels and tires!
village idiot is online now  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:05 PM
  #25  
hope2
CF Senior Member
 
hope2's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Atlanta Georgia
Posts: 2,490
Thanked 136 Times in 110 Posts
Default

I passed on similar car b/c of the brakes. Chevrolet was giving big rebate on Z07 package in '17 b/c they did not sell.
hope2 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:12 PM
  #26  
GShunter
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 75
Thanked 28 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
I know people that swapped over to Iron and sold their CCB. You can get a good amount for them at that low of mileage. Use that money for 18" wheels and tires!
Are you talking the AP racing kit? I looked into it too. Here is the thing, i have never tracked/owned a car with CCBs. I have only heard great things about the CCBs from the media reviews. I think i am gonna try to keep the CCBs, do a track day or so, experience the difference.
Then maybe switch to the AP brake kit.
GShunter is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
  #27  
GShunter
CF Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Aug 2018
Posts: 75
Thanked 28 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by hope2 View Post
I passed on similar car b/c of the brakes. Chevrolet was giving big rebate on Z07 package in '17 b/c they did not sell.
If i wasn't going to track my car, i would have probably passed on too. The C7 with Z07 should be the perfect track toy i hope.
GShunter is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:20 PM
  #28  
village idiot
CF Senior Member
 
village idiot's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,398
Thanked 642 Times in 444 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by GShunter View Post
Are you talking the AP racing kit? I looked into it too. Here is the thing, i have never tracked/owned a car with CCBs. I have only heard great things about the CCBs from the media reviews. I think i am gonna try to keep the CCBs, do a track day or so, experience the difference.
Then maybe switch to the AP brake kit.
Factory iron brakes are more than adequate for track days, especially if you're not running slicks. I've seen guys run 2:21 on slicks in a Z06 (faster, heavier) at COTA- the most brake-abusive track I can think of, on stock calipers and rotors. Unless you're doing some sort of competitive racing and need every last tenth, I can't justify AP brakes on the C7. I have them on my BRZ and love them, but calipers are about the last thing I'd upgrade on the C7GS
village idiot is online now  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much would you pay for this GS?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: