Sponsored by:

How much would you pay for this GS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 08:19 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by village idiot
I'm not really sure why you'd want them for street use. Iron brakes are way more than what you'd ever use on the street. I don't think I could overheat them on the street if I tried.
I've never driven them on the C7, but on other cars they can be noisy on the street too.
I wouldn’t want them or the cup 2 tires. The suspension would be ok where I drive.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:57 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 11 Posts

You probably don't want carbon ceramic brakes then. While they're lighter and have much better fade resistance, consumable cost is insane.
I totally agree, i was not at all looking for a car with Z07 package. it just so happened to find this car, which has the right color, options, low miles and priced well below market. I am essentially getting the Z07 stuff with it. I didnt wanna not get a car just because it has the Z07. But i totally get your perspective. The cost to replace CCBs per axle is about 3000 bucks I checked.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
Yup. The key word is track. These don't last long on the track. Street driving they last a long time.
Agreed, my usage is street with about 3-4 track days a year. I am expecting it to last about 2-3 years or 20K miles.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:03 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by GShunter
I totally agree, i was not at all looking for a car with Z07 package. it just so happened to find this car, which has the right color, options, low miles and priced well below market. I am essentially getting the Z07 stuff with it. I didnt wanna not get a car just because it has the Z07. But i totally get your perspective. The cost to replace CCBs per axle is about 3000 bucks I checked.
I know people that swapped over to Iron and sold their CCB. You can get a good amount for them at that low of mileage. Use that money for 18" wheels and tires!
Old 02-12-2019, 07:05 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

I passed on similar car b/c of the brakes. Chevrolet was giving big rebate on Z07 package in '17 b/c they did not sell.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:12 PM
GShunter
Instructor

I know people that swapped over to Iron and sold their CCB. You can get a good amount for them at that low of mileage. Use that money for 18" wheels and tires!
Are you talking the AP racing kit? I looked into it too. Here is the thing, i have never tracked/owned a car with CCBs. I have only heard great things about the CCBs from the media reviews. I think i am gonna try to keep the CCBs, do a track day or so, experience the difference.
Then maybe switch to the AP brake kit.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:14 PM
GShunter
Instructor

Originally Posted by hope2
I passed on similar car b/c of the brakes. Chevrolet was giving big rebate on Z07 package in '17 b/c they did not sell.
If i wasn't going to track my car, i would have probably passed on too. The C7 with Z07 should be the perfect track toy i hope.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:20 PM
village idiot
Le Mans Master

Received 1,913 Likes on 1,053 Posts

Originally Posted by GShunter
Are you talking the AP racing kit? I looked into it too. Here is the thing, i have never tracked/owned a car with CCBs. I have only heard great things about the CCBs from the media reviews. I think i am gonna try to keep the CCBs, do a track day or so, experience the difference.
Then maybe switch to the AP brake kit.
Factory iron brakes are more than adequate for track days, especially if you're not running slicks. I've seen guys run 2:21 on slicks in a Z06 (faster, heavier) at COTA- the most brake-abusive track I can think of, on stock calipers and rotors. Unless you're doing some sort of competitive racing and need every last tenth, I can't justify AP brakes on the C7. I have them on my BRZ and love them, but calipers are about the last thing I'd upgrade on the C7GS

Quick Reply: How much would you pay for this GS?