Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership has had my car for 10 days?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2019, 09:04 PM
MiamiCowboy
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 74 Posts

10 days for a flat tire? Anything more than 30 minutes would have been time to raise holy hell. You need to go there in person immediately.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:33 AM
LimeRay
Pro

Received 353 Likes on 188 Posts

I don't understand how people can allow themselves to be treated this way. There is no excuse not to have the tires within 3 days max, NONE!
Old 02-19-2019, 11:49 AM
jko727
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Update: I called the dealership this morning and told them to get the car ready for pickup today. I told them I didn’t want anyone else touching the car. The service advisor said they might charge me a restocking fee for the front tires?

I got a call from the service manager who apologized for the car “slipping through the cracks”, and he was still trying to get me to agree to the front tires. I am uncomfortable with them doing that work, so I said no. Picking it up later today after work.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:54 AM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Originally Posted by jko727
Update: I called the dealership this morning and told them to get the car ready for pickup today. I told them I didn’t want anyone else touching the car. The service advisor said they might charge me a restocking fee for the front tires?

I got a call from the service manager who apologized for the car “slipping through the cracks”, and he was still trying to get me to agree to the front tires. I am uncomfortable with them doing that work, so I said no. Picking it up later today after work.
Tell them you're going to charge THEM for not being able to use the car for 2 weeks because they're incompetent. And then talk with the GM. oh, and never go back.
Old 02-19-2019, 11:57 AM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Lemon law, lemon law, lemon law.....
Old 02-19-2019, 12:08 PM
Jpena229
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
There was a very similar thread recently and I wonder how that one ended. My experience is that the dealers are not very good with corvette tires. A large dealer in my area told me to take mine to a rim and tire specialty shop and that's where the insanity finally stopped. And actually I really respect the Chevy dealer for telling me that they highly suggest I take it to a specialty shop. I will likely return to them for warranty work.

They very likely trashed something and are trying to hide it. Like a scratched up rim from jamming pry bars into it getting the beads to seat.
I had the same issue with a nail on my tire, took it to the dealer because I assumed they would use the proper tool and not scrape the paint (black rims) off the edge of the rim while trying to break the tire loose. I assumed wrong, the idiot that did the repair scraped the crap out of my wheel, not to mention took a chunk of the side skirt because he didn't know to use a lift pad. So it wouldn't surprise me if they wrecked your wheel and they're just waiting for a replacement. As far as tires go, why is it so hard for a dealer to get those tires, I needed new fronts so I went to a firestone store, told them what I needed and they had the tires in the next morning not to mention they installed them without damaging anything.
Old 02-19-2019, 12:16 PM
bankers1
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

My Dealer (Albany, NY) DePaula Chevy. Woudn't "patch" or plug my nail hole, they said it would Void something????
The don't even have the right size tire changing machine, they have to send the car out to Grand Premiere Tire.
Just order tires from Tire Rack and have them shipped to a performance tire install shop. 2-3 day shipping is common, 8-10 days WTF,
get out of there.....
Old 02-19-2019, 03:19 PM
Rebel Yell
Le Mans Master

Received 2,639 Likes on 1,702 Posts

Quick, and easy. If the rear tire is repaired, go get the car. You don't owe them any explanations, just get the keys, get the car. If you need new front tires you can certainly get them cheaper at your local Discount Tire Store, or another local tire store that can service Corvette's. There is no reason at all for them to keep your car that long for something like this. Chalk the entire situation up to a learning experience, and find another Chevy dealer. Good luck.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 02-19-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:24 PM
Crossed Flags Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 493 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
Tell them you're going to charge THEM for not being able to use the car for 2 weeks because they're incompetent. And then talk with the GM. oh, and never go back.
I like this one!!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:57 PM
jko727
Advanced

I got my car back! Other than them scratching my rim with their wheel machine, and a minor scratch in the clear coat on the hood, everything seems to be good. No issues on the ride home. The clear coat scratch can be buffed out easily it seems, hoping the same for my rim.

I might take it by Stingray Chevy just for them to take a look and verify that all is good. That’s where I bought the car, and I’ve brought it there for every service other than this one. I only brought it to Carl Black Chevy because I had a nail in my tire and couldn’t make the drive to Stingray, its over an hour away.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 12:36 AM
wonka12_98
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

My dealership is just the opposite. They do have a new and correct machine to change my tires and not damage my 7K rims. I would never trust a local tire shop to do this work. I must be lucky to have a dealer like this.

Originally Posted by Zjoe6
There was a very similar thread recently and I wonder how that one ended. My experience is that the dealers are not very good with corvette tires. A large dealer in my area told me to take mine to a rim and tire specialty shop and that's where the insanity finally stopped. And actually I really respect the Chevy dealer for telling me that they highly suggest I take it to a specialty shop. I will likely return to them for warranty work.

They very likely trashed something and are trying to hide it. Like a scratched up rim from jamming pry bars into it getting the beads to seat.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:08 AM
Prray
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 184 Posts

Well, that is a problem. I would take that car out of there as quickly as possible!!! I can tell you one thing because I live in Orlando and that is the worst Chevy dealer!! I had my run ins with them, with out going into my story-they SUCK Good luck hope it works out, I have great success with Don Mealey in Clermont ,yes its a hike but worth it!
Old 02-20-2019, 08:21 AM
jko727
Advanced

Originally Posted by Prray
Well, that is a problem. I would take that car out of there as quickly as possible!!! I can tell you one thing because I live in Orlando and that is the worst Chevy dealer!! I had my run ins with them, with out going into my story-they SUCK Good luck hope it works out, I have great success with Don Mealey in Clermont ,yes its a hike but worth it!
Sorry that you had to deal with these people as well, what a nightmare! I’m never bringing it back there, but I still feel like they owe me something, especially after scratching my rim with their tire machine after keeping it for 12 days. I’m just super glad to have my car back, those 12 days felt like a decade haha. I’ll keep Don Mealey in mind, thanks for the recommendation.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:47 AM
ZMMMMM
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 160 Likes on 96 Posts

How ‘bout them front tires!? Are they down to the wear bars? How many miles on them #dontleaveushanging

Last edited by ZMMMMM; 02-20-2019 at 08:58 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 08:50 AM
Prray
Burning Brakes

Received 252 Likes on 184 Posts

Oh yes with out a doubt, I'd make them replace that rim since they screwed that up-wow sucks man. Glad you got your car back, lesson learned.
Old 02-20-2019, 09:17 AM
speed4tu
Drifting

Received 372 Likes on 262 Posts

I always get a loaner when I drop my car off and it never takes long enough. I wish this dealer was closer to me. My corvette is a second car, the loaner becomes my first car and saves miles and wear on my daily! ha

Seriously tho, sorry for all the troubles you had. Corvette experience is lowered drastically by it being a GM vehice and having to go to a Chevrolet dealer. Basically the Walmart of the car world.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:38 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

That is totally insane! Go get your car and never go back. Your story is the worst I have heard. 10 days for a tire?

Get notified of new replies

To Dealership has had my car for 10 days?

Old 02-20-2019, 12:20 PM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Originally Posted by joemessman
That is totally insane! Go get your car and never go back. Your story is the worst I have heard. 10 days for a tire?
Ya think? I can’t believe that guy didn’t post saying it’s the entitled customer’s attitude that’s the problem.
joemessman (02-20-2019)
Old 02-20-2019, 01:32 PM
jko727
Advanced

Originally Posted by ZMMMMM
How ‘bout them front tires!? Are they down to the wear bars? How many miles on them #dontleaveushanging
Yep those were down to the tread marks, I’m at 19,500 miles. I didn’t let them do the install for the fronts, instead I demanded to pickup my vehicle. Glad I didn’t let them do it because they scratched the rear rim with their machine, and would’ve done the same to the fronts. Going to buy some tires online and have them installed by someone else.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:36 PM
jko727
Advanced

Originally Posted by Prray
Oh yes with out a doubt, I'd make them replace that rim since they screwed that up-wow sucks man. Glad you got your car back, lesson learned.
I want to complain, I took several pics and videos before leaving the dealership. Honestly though, I rather not spend more time on these idiots. I might just pay to have the rim repainted, I’ve already spent too much time and effort on this. I don’t want them touching my car ever again, just want to be done with them lol.
Thunder22 (02-20-2019)

Quick Reply: Dealership has had my car for 10 days?