Sponsored by:

Chevrolet building more Corvettes than dealers can sell

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 10:12 PM
naylor99
Pro

Received 419 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Not the point, really. That particular combination of features is not what you would call popular, so a dealer would be crazy to buy one in hopes of selling it. The negatives are 1) Vert, 2) Manual, and 3) Kalahari top on white. If OP wanted a red auto 1LT coupe with black interior he would have no problem finding one. I have no problem with what he wants, but if he really wants it, he's going to have to factory order it.
I’m not sure what the point of criticizing my color choice was, and I’ll probably change my mind a few times before I order anyway. My point was that particular combination of features is hard to find on a lot, regardless of color. There are a lot of great looking Vettes in great combos, but some are very very common. I don’t want common. I like to have something a little bit different. I’ve seen the color combination I described, Arctic white and Kalahari top, and it’s gorgeous. Sure, not for everyone, but saying it’s ugly is just dumb, and not helpful. And honestly, I wasn’t asking for input on color.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:35 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,625 Likes on 6,629 Posts

Originally Posted by TXSteveF
I personally think Jerry has been as helpful as anyone on this site and has shared more than most. Dig around and see what you find. Just my .02.
Thanks. I was actually thinking about that ski boat story when I made those comments.

Finding a standard shift is difficult because few dealers will order as they are hard to sell. Combine that with a few other desired options and the chance of finding the combo gets very low. My first Vette, a 1988 ordered from a local dealer, was similar. I negotiated with the sales manager bringing in a spread sheet with all the options, colors etc, a column with dealer cost and MSRP for each, knowing there were extra holdbacks and GM incentives etc. (That was the way to buy cars in-the-day.). We agreed on a price and he said, I’ll have to ask for $2000, non refundable down payment as I’ll have a hard time selling a standard shift if you don’t want it when it comes in! No problem for me. It’s getting worse now. Since all my DDs in ~60 years have been standard shifts, HD suspension, specific wheels, etc I don’t even look, just order and easier with no hassle getting from a forum dealer. But local dealers are happy to order one for you as well-just not as easy or at those discounts.

From my experiance on the Forum, many don’t understand Courtesy Delivery which is the way many Forum volume dealers sell cars. That is why I outlined the process.

Sorry if my response was taken as a negative. Could not help thinking about that boat I was always looking for and never did buy! There are always dreams!

Last edited by JerryU; 02-23-2019 at 03:01 AM.
Old 02-23-2019, 12:01 PM
CP
Team Owner

Received 1,125 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeERWNC
With the 2019 version of my car at 52K... And my car worth 30K. I see someone happy to buy mine in a few months.
There are no differences from 2015-2019 on a 1LT. No one not on this forum knows the difference between a base and a Z06.
They are all just Corvettes. You can only drive 55 on the highways.
Some speed limits in Texas are 85. You need to get out more.

Quick Reply: Chevrolet building more Corvettes than dealers can sell