C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Run-flat event

Old 03-03-2019, 02:07 PM
C7HOORAY
CF Senior Member

Here's my non-runflat true story....on my C7 I carry a continental slime/inflator incase of a flat....got a flat at church last year...noticed it was losing air when I pulled into the parking lot...came out an hour later to find the tire was COMPLETELY deflated - whipped out the Continental inflator and watched while tho whole contents of pressured air and sealant went int the tire. DID NOT INFLATE THE TIRE ONE INCH! Drove to Discount Tire where they had installed the Michelin Pilot Sports....the rim seal had failed due to chunks out of the bead incurred during the install of the tire. They said I had ruined the tire from driving on it while deflated. (I knew I had) I said, "Check your records...YOU were the last to mount that tire." I drove out of there with my new free Michelin!

I just bought a '19 C7 with factory Run-Flats and immediately pulled them off and installed all-season Michelins. Quieter.

Anybody want to buy my almost brand new run flats? I have them for sale.
Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 PM
Oh4GTO
CF Senior Member

I just went from Alpin PA4 to A/S3+ ZP and boy what a difference. The stiffness and noise is greatly increased going to the ZP. The ZPs have this thud whenever hitting a bump whereas the PA4s were quite. The ZPs are definitely at least twice as stiff. Both sets were brand new and driven in the same temps on the same roads.
Old 03-15-2019, 07:21 PM
yaknuts81

Originally Posted by runner61627 View Post
That was my guess as stated in my earlier post on this thread. Way too many GS/Z06 rims developing cracks with no discernible tie to a memorable “event”. Like you, I purchased the tire and wheel warranty. Unfortunately, will either be repaired or replaced with the same problematic OEM rims. Many folks going with forged wheels for peace of mind.
This is exactly what happened to me too. Started getting a leak in my rear passenger tire -- 30 psi down to 25 after a day. I could refill with air and it would do the same the next day. Some days (seemed to be warmer days), I didn't lose any air. Others, I'm down to 16 psi by the end of the day. Cracked rim -- I saw at least two cracks. After GM rejected a warranty repair, I have a set of forged wheels on order and should have them next week.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: