Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad dealership experience

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2019, 12:44 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

Should have gotten museum delivery then if any problems you could have gone next door and bitched
Old 03-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by Bondojohn
Yes my wife still had one on her phone. She has over 3000 pictures on her phone. Unbelievable. I’ll post it. This is what the dealership wouldn’t fix.

Here is the Picture of the stitching that the Dealer wouldn’t fix.
What is the matter with it?
The following users liked this post:
09ZR1 (03-05-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 12:54 PM
WFP
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just for the record, most paint repairs that are done in the factory are by guys in a repair station not a robot in the booth. Some do however go back through the spray booth if the job is bad enough and thus can match orange peel at the price of having a high film build which isn't necessary good.. The only thing the factory has over the dealer is they see the same defects time after time and are used to repairing it. With luck there should be no difference between a door repair at the factory or the dealer if the dealer has their act together which isn't always the case.
Old 03-05-2019, 12:55 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Received 113 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by AceG
The misconception you have here is you think that the dealership are the ones responsible for defects. First of all they come from the same place. It doesnt matter if your mother ordered it the dealer ordered it or even your dog ordered it. The 2nd thing is you nitpick. You even said it yourself. When and if the dealership offer to fix the problem like repainting, you refuse and demand to order a new car. You make it seem like thats the most normal thing in the world.
The truth is if the dealer wasn’t going to honor what he said he never should of ordered the car. If he would of told me he wouldn’t honer his commitment and lie to me I never would have ordered the car from him. That was the whole idea with talkinbto him in advance. Let me ask you a question. Would you have accepted you corvette, if you bought it new, if the striping was crookedand ( the salesmen even said it would bother him)and the door needed repainting.?
restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 01:04 PM
AceG
Burning Brakes

Received 412 Likes on 206 Posts

The truth is if the dealer wasn’t going to honor what he said he never should of ordered the car. If he would of told me he wouldn’t honer his commitment and lie to me I never would have ordered the car from him. That was the whole idea with talkinbto him in advance. Let me ask you a question. Would you have accepted you corvette, if you bought it new, if the striping was crookedand ( the salesmen even said it would bother him)and the door needed repainting.?
I would allow them to fix it. I would then accept it with absolutely no regrets. Refusal of the car and demanding a new one is ludacris

I cant even imagine if you got the a8 shudder. Oh my god, you think gm is gonna roll over and give you a new car everytime?

Last edited by AceG; 03-05-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:12 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

No one read this. I’m explaining it again for Brent. If your the same Brent I know we’ve always had a good relashionship.
If you need any clarification of this You can call me. Please het your facts right. They never did nor would they ever replace the door panel to fix the problem even though it was under warranty. I’ll say this one more time to. . After “”accepting”” two cars, I didn’t turn them down. Prior to ordering the 3rd car I went to Bob the sales man and told him I would not accept another car if it was damaged in a way that was unexceptional to me. If he didn’t agree I would go to a diffent different dealer and order the car elseware. It was up to him and the boss. He left and returned and said Jeremy agreed to this. They made so much money on me with all my business I feel it’s there loss not mine.
I want to set straight another misconseption. You are correct. I did order the first car that was a Grand Sport. I did change my mind and asked Bob if I could order a Z06. Bob got back to me and said it was Ok. “They were able to cancel the Grand Sport” and they ordered the Z for me. A while later he told me he was mistaken and the cancellation never went through but asked if he could keep the check for the trade in because of there mistake. I agreed. Also on the stitching. When I got the car the stitching was OK but there was a big scratch in the door panel leather. When they changed the panel for the defect the stitching was out of alignment. From then on they refused to order a replacement or correct the stitching misalignment that they caused by replacing it. Anyway I don’t even think the problem was with the door panel. I think they adjusted the door to fix it but I’m not sure. I’ve allways liked you and I know you have to back up your employer even if you think he’s wrong. Nice nowing you.

Last edited by Bondojohn; 03-05-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 01:37 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Do most of your automotive ventures typically turn into this sort of disaster ?
Old 03-05-2019, 01:47 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by PatternDayTrader
Do most of your automotive ventures typically turn into this sort of disaster ?
I refuse to answer that question because it may incriminate me!
Old 03-05-2019, 02:18 PM
ant812
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think the problem is in the stitching, looks like the door panel isn't lined up with the dash. not installed correctly? just a guess.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:22 PM
PHILLIP YOUNG
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts

Hello Bondo,
Been following this story since yesterday. Sorry you are having a rough time.
However my experience with Stasek has been great. And this is over many years and several cars including my last GS which I bought at Stasek.
Their service department has always been top notch and a pleasure to work with. Though I have purchased Corvettes from other dealers over the years, working with Brent and their sales team has always been a positive experience.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:36 PM
mschuyler
Safety Car

Received 3,818 Likes on 1,614 Posts

I refuse to answer that question because it may incriminate me!
Quite. It reminds me of the book, "30 seconds over Tokyo" about the Billy Mitchell raid during WWII. The author crash landed in China and broke his leg. They carried him from village to village trying to avoid the Japanese. He couldn't understand why every village smelled so bad. Then he learned the truth. His leg had developed gangrene. That's what smelled. It had to be amputated.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:52 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

How funny... people telling the OP to accept GM crap and that $90,000 "isn't a lot of money". That's nearly 2X the median household income in the USA.

OP I agree with you... you buy new you expect new condition. The C7 has gotten "fancier" without an uptick in quality so you get a lot of issues with paint, panels, stitching, carbon fiber weave.

None of my C5s had the issues C7s have, but C5s dont have stitching and aluminum trim and 37 creases on each body panel.

I put an alcantara flat bottom wheel in mine, then the material came unglued, replacement wheel did the same in short order, dealer replaces with standard leather one and it comes in with cracks in the leather and a blemish in the aluminum. GM ships them in a box with a little piece of packing paper so they are free to bang around. Waiting for my 4th wheel!

it seems if you have any standards you have to buy a Porsche.
The following 2 users liked this post by RapidC84B:
airmed2 (03-06-2019), Landru (03-07-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 02:53 PM
douglee25
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

OP is clearly OCD about his cars yet can't figure out how to spell check and doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're"....

I like the cut of your jib!
Old 03-05-2019, 02:54 PM
RapidC84B
Team Owner

Received 13,165 Likes on 5,989 Posts

Originally Posted by Carvin
What is the matter with it?
Seriously? That's just pure **** assembly. Go UAW!
restructor (03-08-2019)
Old 03-05-2019, 02:58 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder
How funny... people telling the OP to accept GM crap and that $90,000 "isn't a lot of money". That's nearly 2X the median household income in the USA.

OP I agree with you... you buy new you expect new condition. The C7 has gotten "fancier" without an uptick in quality so you get a lot of issues with paint, panels, stitching, carbon fiber weave.

None of my C5s had the issues C7s have, but C5s dont have stitching and aluminum trim and 37 creases on each body panel.

I put an alcantara flat bottom wheel in mine, then the material came unglued, replacement wheel did the same in short order, dealer replaces with standard leather one and it comes in with cracks in the leather and a blemish in the aluminum. GM ships them in a box with a little piece of packing paper so they are free to bang around. Waiting for my 4th wheel!

it seems if you have any standards you have to buy a Porsche.
No one wants a big ghey Porsche.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:13 PM
Atari_Prime
Drifting

Received 555 Likes on 315 Posts

Well, here's my story.

It doesn't involve a Corvette but another GM creation, the Corvette's Australian cousin, the Pontiac G8.

Rewind the clock back to 2007 and the G8 has just debuted and is poised to be the next big thing at Pontiac. GM recognizes the appeal and desire for the car so they create a limited numbered run of the first 3,000 cars. I call dealership after dealership trying to find someone who will take a pre-order for the car. I eventually settle on Sam Swope Pontiac in Louisville, Kentucky. I lay down my deposit, I tell them the color I want, and we all wait. Months go by and still no word on the car. So I call, my salesman tells me it will be there the next week. I call the next week and the salesman says the car has arrived but there is something nervous in his voice that I can't place. He doesn't invite me to come sign the paperwork and pick up my car which I feel is a bit odd but I mention it and he hesitantly tells me to come on up. I'm confused as to why I'm having to convince my salesperson to sell me my car but feel that I'm probably being paranoid. So, off I go on a two hour ride to the dealership. When I arrive, I find my car in the showroom. Not only that, people are getting in and out of it like its for sale or a demo car. I find my salesperson and not so politely tell him to get these people out of my car. He isn't quite sure what to do, the next thing I know I'm speaking with a manager. The manager tells me that the deal is the car is mine as promised but they have to keep it for the next few months as a halo car to get people into the dealership. I reply, "I just drove two hours to pick up my car and you want me to not take delivery and allow people to drive and sit in my car for the next few months until you are ready to send it home with me?" Without skipping a beat, he says "Yes, we need to keep it for at least three or four months." Over the next few minutes as my anger boiled over, I had a choice, punch this guy or get my money back and go. I got my deposit back and left...to this day I am still sure I made the wrong choice. A few months later Pontiac was no more, and I hope this man was out of a job. The dealership is now Courtesy Buick GMC. Sleazy behavior like this happens like this a lot at American car dealerships. I've never encountered similar behavior at European car dealerships. This kind of behavior is why European cars are winning the war.

I have had bad experiences with Corvette at Chevy dealerships as well, from them not being able to paint a hood properly, to them telling me that my fog lights were broken when the car arrived, to them forgetting to install the air dam underneath the car and then trying to convince me that nothing was missing as I pointed at my air dam resting up against the wall of their garage.

Corvette is pretty much the only thing that can entice me back to a Chevy dealership due to experiences like this.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:20 PM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I don't understand something. In the story a stripe needed to be fix and the door repainted. If the dealer was going to fix these things, then why did the OP reject the car?

Get notified of new replies

To Bad dealership experience

Old 03-05-2019, 03:24 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Originally Posted by Atari_Prime
Well, here's my story.

It doesn't involve a Corvette but another GM creation, the Corvette's Australian cousin, the Pontiac G8.

Rewind the clock back to 2007 and the G8 has just debuted and is poised to be the next big thing at Pontiac. GM recognizes the appeal and desire for the car so they create a limited numbered run of the first 3,000 cars. I call dealership after dealership trying to find someone who will take a pre-order for the car. I eventually settle on Sam Swope Pontiac in Louisville, Kentucky. I lay down my deposit, I tell them the color I want, and we all wait. Months go by and still no word on the car. So I call, my salesman tells me it will be there the next week. I call the next week and the salesman says the car has arrived but there is something nervous in his voice that I can't place. He doesn't invite me to come sign the paperwork and pick up my car which I feel is a bit odd but I mention it and he hesitantly tells me to come on up. I'm confused as to why I'm having to convince my salesperson to sell me my car but feel that I'm probably being paranoid. So, off I go on a two hour ride to the dealership. When I arrive, I find my car in the showroom. Not only that, people are getting in and out of it like its for sale or a demo car. I find my salesperson and not so politely tell him to get these people out of my car. He isn't quite sure what to do, the next thing I know I'm speaking with a manager. The manager tells me that the deal is the car is mine as promised but they have to keep it for the next few months as a halo car to get people into the dealership. I reply, "I just drove two hours to pick up my car and you want me to not take delivery and allow people to drive and sit in my car for the next few months until you are ready to send it home with me?" Without skipping a beat, he says "Yes, we need to keep it for at least three or four months." Over the next few minutes as my anger boiled over, I had a choice, punch this guy or get my money back and go. I got my deposit back and left...to this day I am still sure I made the wrong choice. A few months later Pontiac was no more, and I hope this man was out of a job. The dealership is now Courtesy Buick GMC. Sleazy behavior like this happens like this a lot at American car dealerships. I've never encountered similar behavior at European car dealerships. This kind of behavior is why European cars are winning the war.

I have had bad experiences with Corvette at Chevy dealerships as well, from them not being able to paint a hood properly, to them telling me that my fog lights were broken when the car arrived, to them forgetting to install the air dam underneath the car and then trying to convince me that nothing was missing as I pointed at my air dam resting up against the wall of their garage.

Corvette is pretty much the only thing that can entice me back to a Chevy dealership due to experiences like this.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:25 PM
WKM
Racer

Received 105 Likes on 76 Posts

What war are European cars winning. I see more Korean cars lately than any other and with US companies worried more about building trucks and crossovers it's pretty apt to stay that way.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:31 PM
Bondojohn
Pro

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
I don't understand something. In the story a stripe needed to be fix and the door repainted. If the dealer was going to fix these things, then why did the OP reject the car?
After going through allot of problems with two previous corvettes I didn’t want a new car with repainted door. They have a great body shop, but I was also afraid if they repainted the door and it wasn’t up to new car standards they would accuse me of making them spend more money on the car. Also they couldn’t replace a bubble in the 17 so they sprayed the hood with shiny paint. Just more of the same.

Quick Reply: Bad dealership experience