C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just ordered my Range AFM disabler!

 
Old 03-12-2019, 01:56 PM
  #21  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,103
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
Just got mine in the mail. Went out for a test ride. It might shift a bit more solidly.

I didn't have a problem before so time will tell.

It doesn't go in to V4 mode even in eco.
Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
Considering an A8 purchase for the wife. Is there a way to have V4 available in eco mode, but locked out in the other mods; how the M7 is from the factory? I would like to use eco mode for road trips, but not around town in tour/sport/track mode.
There's your answer TH. But, you can just unplug the unit for the highway ride if you like. I've done that before when I wanted to test the difference in mpg,s. And that was -1.1 on a '16 base car (according to the cars compooter). Both runs were over 400 miles a piece to get a better reading. YMMV

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 03-12-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Rebel Yell is online now  
Old 03-12-2019, 01:59 PM
  #22  
Tool Hoarder
CF Senior Member
 
Tool Hoarder's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2013
Location: Virginia Beach Virginia
Posts: 4,809
Thanked 792 Times in 500 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
There's your answer TH. But, you can just unplug the unit for the highway ride if you like. I've done that before when I wanted to test the difference in mpg,s. And that was -1.1 on a '16 base car (according to the cars compooter). Both runs were over 400 miles a piece to get a better reading. YMMV
So I have to take it out for road trips? I was hoping I could turn AFM off in everything but eco mode.
Tool Hoarder is online now  
Old 03-12-2019, 02:46 PM
  #24  
bjones7131
CF Senior Member
 
bjones7131's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Walhalla South Carolina
Posts: 3,218
Thanked 501 Times in 335 Posts
Default Range for 2018 Chevy truck

Will my range I use on my corvette work on my 2018 Chevy truck with A6 speed??
bjones7131 is offline  
Old 03-12-2019, 03:06 PM
  #25  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,103
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bjones7131 View Post
Will my range I use on my corvette work on my 2018 Chevy truck with A6 speed??
I don't see why not Bruce. When you order they don't ask what type of Chevrolet you own, car, truck, type of tranny, etc. Of course that is an uneducated guess at best. To be a 100% sure, I would give Range a call.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 03-12-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Rebel Yell is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 12:56 AM
  #26  
IPTV65
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Can you plug and unplug it on the fly? I guess I can try it too but thought I would ask. I always plug and unplug before I start the car.
IPTV65 is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:30 AM
  #27  
DGA3
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 372
Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts
Default

I just received a notice that said my unit should arrive tomorrow (Thursday).

Yahoo!
DGA3 is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 11:49 AM
  #28  
vader86
CF Senior Member
 
vader86's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2001
Location: Athens AL
Posts: 50,513
Thanked 231 Times in 204 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by IPTV65 View Post
Can you plug and unplug it on the fly? I guess I can try it too but thought I would ask. I always plug and unplug before I start the car.
Yes. It is one of the things they will recommend you do when something goes wrong with it especially.
vader86 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vader86 For This Useful Post:
IPTV65 (03-13-2019), Vette Ski (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:02 PM
  #29  
nickTsandman
CF Senior Member
 
nickTsandman's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: SC
Posts: 295
Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Default

The attachment is from Range website.

https://rangetechnology.zendesk.com/...9-Installation
nickTsandman is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to nickTsandman For This Useful Post:
IPTV65 (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:14 PM
  #30  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,103
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Tool Hoarder View Post
So I have to take it out for road trips? I was hoping I could turn AFM off in everything but eco mode.
No sir, with the switch you can turn the Range on, and off any time you want. So, when you go to Eco mode, just hit the switch and turn the Range off to get the AFM working.
Rebel Yell is online now  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel Yell For This Useful Post:
Vette Ski (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:39 PM
  #31  
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member
 
Vette Ski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Howell N.J
Posts: 287
Thanked 51 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Hello,
I ordered my range unit yesterday. I ordered it with the red light,if that means anything?
Rich
Vette Ski is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 02:38 PM
  #32  
IPTV65
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by nickTsandman View Post
The attachment is from Range website.

https://rangetechnology.zendesk.com/...9-Installation
So based upon the link you should plug it in before you start the car. "The vehicle should always be fully off when installing the device. " I guess it doesn't say you can't plug it in after....just says you shouldn't. I am going to give it a shot. Can't hurt to try!
IPTV65 is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 03:16 PM
  #33  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,103
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by IPTV65 View Post
So based upon the link you should plug it in before you start the car. "The vehicle should always be fully off when installing the device. " I guess it doesn't say you can't plug it in after....just says you shouldn't. I am going to give it a shot. Can't hurt to try!
With the newest 8.6.1 version of the Range you can leave it plugged in all of the time. It will not cause any problems at start up, and has a sleep mode so it will not drain your battery is you park the car for a while.

I have had a Range for over a year, and had it updated to the 8.6.1 version last summer. I have turned it on, and off while running without any problems. I have started the car with the Range off, and then turned the Range on, and again no problems. I have turned it on/off in all types of situations, and it just does it's job.

I don't think the fella that wrote the installation post is an employee of Range. Just someone that bought one.

Disclaimer: My Range is on an OBD switched cord.

Last edited by Rebel Yell; 03-13-2019 at 03:20 PM.
Rebel Yell is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rebel Yell For This Useful Post:
IPTV65 (03-13-2019), Vette Ski (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 04:37 PM
  #34  
IPTV65
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Bothell Wa
Posts: 16
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
With the newest 8.6.1 version of the Range you can leave it plugged in all of the time. It will not cause any problems at start up, and has a sleep mode so it will not drain your battery is you park the car for a while.

I have had a Range for over a year, and had it updated to the 8.6.1 version last summer. I have turned it on, and off while running without any problems. I have started the car with the Range off, and then turned the Range on, and again no problems. I have turned it on/off in all types of situations, and it just does it's job.

I don't think the fella that wrote the installation post is an employee of Range. Just someone that bought one.

Disclaimer: My Range is on an OBD switched cord.
Thanks for the solid info! Obviously no substitute for experience!
IPTV65 is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IPTV65 For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-13-2019), Vette Ski (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 05:09 PM
  #35  
69 L46 4 Speed
CF Senior Member
 
69 L46 4 Speed's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Jefferson City Missouri
Posts: 866
Thanked 104 Times in 86 Posts
Default

I purchased the Range device when my 19 GS had about 600 miles on it. 1,000 miles later and I can say that I do not notice the light because when I am driving I do not look at the floor (Duh!!!). I love that the car does not go into V4 mode. I keep the device plugged in but I also keep the car on the maintainer when I am not driving it. Time will tell. We bought the car in October but the weather has been so crappy that we have not had the opportunity to drive the car like we want to. Spring is around the corner. We should have at least 10,000 miles on the odometer before next winter sets in.
69 L46 4 Speed is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 07:06 PM
  #36  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,103
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 69 L46 4 Speed View Post
I purchased the Range device when my 19 GS had about 600 miles on it. 1,000 miles later and I can say that I do not notice the light because when I am driving I do not look at the floor (Duh!!!). I love that the car does not go into V4 mode. I keep the device plugged in but I also keep the car on the maintainer when I am not driving it. Time will tell. We bought the car in October but the weather has been so crappy that we have not had the opportunity to drive the car like we want to. Spring is around the corner. We should have at least 10,000 miles on the odometer before next winter sets in.
I get it bud. We picked up our GS on 12/20/18. It now has 487 miles with 425 of that accumulated driving it from Gaithersburg, MD to home in North Carolina. Dad gum nasty weather.
Rebel Yell is online now  
Old 03-13-2019, 09:29 PM
  #37  
MHFontaine
CF Senior Member
 
MHFontaine's Avatar
 
Member Since: Feb 2001
Location: Buford GA
Posts: 2,724
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05
Default

Could someone post a link to where I could purchase? Seems like you all are having a good experience - want to make sure I'm buying the same thing you guys are.

Thanks!

Marvin
MHFontaine is offline  
Old 03-13-2019, 09:51 PM
  #38  
DTOM
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Sep 2017
Posts: 120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 18 Posts
Default

https://rangetechnology.com

$10 coupon code is Feelthepower

Last edited by DTOM; 03-13-2019 at 09:52 PM.
DTOM is online now  
Old 03-14-2019, 08:48 AM
  #39  
DGA3
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 372
Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DTOM View Post
https://rangetechnology.com

$10 coupon code is Feelthepower
Make sure you purchase only from their website (the manufacturer). They are the only ones who can guarantee that you're getting the "real deal."

They even say on their website that they do not sell their products anywhere else (Amazon, for example), so if you try to save a few bucks and purchase yours there . . . . . . (buyer beware)!
DGA3 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DGA3 For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 01:36 PM
  #40  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,103
Thanked 2,142 Times in 1,459 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DGA3 View Post
Make sure you purchase only from their website (the manufacturer). They are the only ones who can guarantee that you're getting the "real deal."

They even say on their website that they do not sell their products anywhere else (Amazon, for example), so if you try to save a few bucks and purchase yours there . . . . . . (buyer beware)!
That's what the Range rep told me when I call about other sources.
Rebel Yell is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: