C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I just ordered my Range AFM disabler!

 
Old 03-14-2019, 02:12 PM
  #41  
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member
 
Vette Ski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Howell N.J
Posts: 272
Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Hey all,
Just received mine today, direct from Range for $189.00, Very fast shipping !
Rich
Vette Ski is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Vette Ski For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:26 PM
  #42  
dyoung
CF Senior Member
 
dyoung's Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Sidney, Vancouver Island
Posts: 248
Thanked 76 Times in 59 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vette Ski View Post
Hey all,
Just received mine today, direct from Range for $189.00, Very fast shipping !
Rich
Yes, they are quick. Looks like a good company to do business with.

Is your weather good enough to try it out?
dyoung is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to dyoung For This Useful Post:
Vette Ski (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 02:40 PM
  #43  
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member
 
Vette Ski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Howell N.J
Posts: 272
Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
Yes, they are quick. Looks like a good company to do business with.

Is your weather good enough to try it out?
Beautiful today 3/14 - 2:30 PM its 65 degrees in Howell < , N.J May try a bit later,go out for a ride then dinner
Rich
Vette Ski is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Vette Ski For This Useful Post:
dyoung (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:56 PM
  #44  
Coach32
CF Senior Member
 
Coach32's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Location: Simpsonville SC
Posts: 125
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

I discovered today you can prevent V4 mode by using M/paddle shift......& the cool thing is you only manual shift “UP”.... the car will down shift for you and the car won’t let you shift up to too tall a gear if the RPM is too low......makes it a smart shifter. The dash menus will show both gas mileage and V4 V8
Coach32 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach32 For This Useful Post:
Vette Ski (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 10:15 PM
  #45  
twowinns
CF Senior Member
 
twowinns's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 188
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Does it work with or help the A6 transmission, or only the A8?
twowinns is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:38 AM
  #46  
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member
 
Vette Ski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Howell N.J
Posts: 272
Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Coach32 View Post
I discovered today you can prevent V4 mode by using M/paddle shift......& the cool thing is you only manual shift UP.... the car will down shift for you and the car wont let you shift up to too tall a gear if the RPM is too low......makes it a smart shifter. The dash menus will show both gas mileage and V4 V8
Yes, as far as not letting you shift to a higher gear. I was in manual mode yesterday but found it would not let it out of 7th gear, I think I was going around 45-50 and it would not go into 8. I stopped for a red light and put it back into "D" at that point.
Can you take it out of "M" and put it back into "D" on the fly ( or visa versa ) at a reasonable speed (30-50 MPH )
TIA
Rich
Vette Ski is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:42 AM
  #47  
Coach32
CF Senior Member
 
Coach32's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2013
Location: Simpsonville SC
Posts: 125
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Left mine in M mode and the car down shifted on it’s own. No need to go back in D.
Coach32 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Coach32 For This Useful Post:
Vette Ski (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:00 AM
  #48  
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member
 
Vette Ski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Howell N.J
Posts: 272
Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
With the newest 8.6.1 version of the Range you can leave it plugged in all of the time. It will not cause any problems at start up, and has a sleep mode so it will not drain your battery is you park the car for a while.

I have had a Range for over a year, and had it updated to the 8.6.1 version last summer. I have turned it on, and off while running without any problems. I have started the car with the Range off, and then turned the Range on, and again no problems. I have turned it on/off in all types of situations, and it just does it's job.

I don't think the fella that wrote the installation post is an employee of Range. Just someone that bought one.

Disclaimer: My Range is on an OBD switched cord.
O.K,
How do you know if you got the latest version, 8.6.1 ?. There is nothing saying that on my unit, bottom side of unit says RA 003. Small tag on the side of the box, says V8.6R1.
On the bottom of the box there is this, "Important , Do not leave your range device installed on a vehicle that is not driven daily. Unplug if the vehicle will not be driven for a few days. There may be a draw on the battery on some vehicles"
I will call or e-mail them for this info.
Thanks,
Rich
Vette Ski is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 09:30 AM
  #49  
javenius
CF Senior Member
 
javenius's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2015
Location: Clinton Twp MI
Posts: 186
Thanked 53 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Vette Ski View Post
O.K,
How do you know if you got the latest version, 8.6.1 ?. There is nothing saying that on my unit, bottom side of unit says RA 003. Small tag on the side of the box, says V8.6R1.
On the bottom of the box there is this, "Important , Do not leave your range device installed on a vehicle that is not driven daily. Unplug if the vehicle will not be driven for a few days. There may be a draw on the battery on some vehicles"
I will call or e-mail them for this info.
Thanks,
Rich
When you plug it in, watch the series of blinking lights. This will provide the version number. Take a look at the Range Technologies website or You Tube for a video example.

Jim
javenius is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to javenius For This Useful Post:
Vette Ski (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 09:37 AM
  #50  
bjones7131
CF Senior Member
 
bjones7131's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2014
Location: Walhalla South Carolina
Posts: 3,213
Thanked 501 Times in 335 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by twowinns View Post
Does it work with or help the A6 transmission, or only the A8?
If your car has AFM and goes from 4 to 8 cylinders it will eliminate it going into 4 cylinder mode. So yes it will work on your car but to be sure give range a call. I called them yesterday and asked it it would work on a 2018 chevy truck with the A6 tranny with AFM and they said YES.
bjones7131 is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bjones7131 For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-16-2019), twowinns (03-15-2019), Vette Ski (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 AM
  #51  
Vette Ski
CF Senior Member
 
Vette Ski's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2019
Location: Howell N.J
Posts: 272
Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by javenius View Post
When you plug it in, watch the series of blinking lights. This will provide the version number. Take a look at the Range Technologies website or You Tube for a video example.

Jim
Yep, plugged it in, flashed 8 times,then 6 then 1.
Rich
Vette Ski is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 10:41 AM
  #52  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,084
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,450 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by twowinns View Post
Does it work with or help the A6 transmission, or only the A8?
As far as the discussions go the A6 transmission doesn't suffer from the same maladies as the A8 does with the V4 mode. But, if you just want to keep the engine in V8 mode the Range will do that.
Rebel Yell is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel Yell For This Useful Post:
twowinns (03-15-2019)
Old 03-15-2019, 01:30 PM
  #53  
DGA3
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Member Since: Dec 2017
Location: Columbus Ohio
Posts: 370
Thanked 45 Times in 41 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by dyoung View Post
Yes, they are quick. Looks like a good company to do business with.

Is your weather good enough to try it out?
Mine arrived (version 8.6.1), but the weather is not cooperating, so I'll have to wait to try it out.

Next week looks good - I can't wait!
DGA3 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to DGA3 For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 11:05 AM
  #54  
twowinns
CF Senior Member
 
twowinns's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 188
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by bjones7131 View Post
If your car has AFM and goes from 4 to 8 cylinders it will eliminate it going into 4 cylinder mode. So yes it will work on your car but to be sure give range a call. I called them yesterday and asked it it would work on a 2018 chevy truck with the A6 tranny with AFM and they said YES.
Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
As far as the discussions go the A6 transmission doesn't suffer from the same maladies as the A8 does with the V4 mode. But, if you just want to keep the engine in V8 mode the Range will do that.
Thanks guys. With a 30 day money back guarantee, I decided to place an order for one today.
twowinns is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to twowinns For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-16-2019)
Old 03-16-2019, 12:58 PM
  #55  
Rebel Yell
CF Senior Member
 
Rebel Yell's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2006
Location: Down south in Dixie
Posts: 6,084
Thanked 2,131 Times in 1,450 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by twowinns View Post
Thanks guys. With a 30 day money back guarantee, I decided to place an order for one today.
I think you'll be happy with the difference.
Rebel Yell is offline  
Old 03-16-2019, 01:02 PM
  #56  
twowinns
CF Senior Member
 
twowinns's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2017
Location: McKinney Texas
Posts: 188
Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
I think you'll be happy with the difference.
Im definitely looking forward to trying it.
twowinns is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to twowinns For This Useful Post:
Rebel Yell (03-16-2019)
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: