Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pilot Sport All Season 4 vs Pilot Super Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 01:35 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 531 Likes on 358 Posts

All season on my '15 Z51 We can have 15 -100 degree weather here and I ain't buying 2 sets of tires.
Old 01-11-2024, 05:47 PM
Z06BelAir
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great insight. Thank you
Old 01-12-2024, 02:08 PM
Walter Raulerson
Melting Slicks

Received 531 Likes on 358 Posts

I've GOT THE a/s 4s tires on my 15 Z51 first 300 miler coming up so far smoooooth
Old 01-12-2024, 02:19 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,782 Likes on 3,046 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Simple choice here, ask yourself this question, how do I use my car, summer only driving or year round driving? Super Sports for the summer, PS4's for year-round driving
Old 01-12-2024, 02:26 PM
mbaessler
Racer

Received 94 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 449er
Simple choice here, ask yourself this question, how do I use my car, summer only driving or year round driving? Super Sports for the summer, PS4's for year-round driving
449er, don't you mean AS4's for all season year round driving? Michelin naming is really confusing.
Old 01-12-2024, 03:19 PM
bradNTx
Le Mans Master

Received 117 Likes on 46 Posts

I know this is an older thread but it seems like there are plenty of cars out there with the original tires on them. I recently put on a set of Pilot All Season 4s (non-runflat) and I can definitely tell a difference in the handling from the original Pilot Super Sport ZP's with a 2017 date code (2019 z51). The vette is my only car so if by some chance I do have to get out in some slush or light snow this winter I wanted to be prepared. I don't think the ride changed to be that much softer as I honestly feel sometimes the z51 suspension is quite soft but do really like it. The car just turns in so much more directly with the PSSs. I'm fine with the degradation in handling for the security in bad weather and I'm also fine not having run flats (at least till something happens and I cuss myself for making that choice). Odds are if things are really bad I'll be driving the wife's GX but I like the extra security. In April I'll put the PSSs back on. The AS4s are mounted on a set of stock wheels I picked up locally at a reasonable price. The way I look at it an extra set of wheels and tires was way cheaper than a 3rd car. They also take up much less space.
Old 01-13-2024, 08:42 AM
AnotherNorskie
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by bradNTx
I know this is an older thread but it seems like there are plenty of cars out there with the original tires on them. I recently put on a set of Pilot All Season 4s (non-runflat) and I can definitely tell a difference in the handling from the original Pilot Super Sport ZP's with a 2017 date code (2019 z51). The vette is my only car so if by some chance I do have to get out in some slush or light snow this winter I wanted to be prepared. I don't think the ride changed to be that much softer as I honestly feel sometimes the z51 suspension is quite soft but do really like it. The car just turns in so much more directly with the PSSs. I'm fine with the degradation in handling for the security in bad weather and I'm also fine not having run flats (at least till something happens and I cuss myself for making that choice). Odds are if things are really bad I'll be driving the wife's GX but I like the extra security. In April I'll put the PSSs back on. The AS4s are mounted on a set of stock wheels I picked up locally at a reasonable price. The way I look at it an extra set of wheels and tires was way cheaper than a 3rd car. They also take up much less space.
I agree with you and I live in a colder climate (MN). The all-seasons are much better for normal driving than summer tires in almost all scenarios ... when the morning temps dip below 60F the PSS4's don't have much traction, whereas the A/S tires are fine until we have ice and snow and easily adds two months of driveability every year.

For our straight MN roads the PSS4's add very little utility compared to the drawbacks. I can't wait to get these worn off and replaced with A/S tires.

EDIT: Interesting that you seasonably swap between summer and all-season ... for my 'winter beater' I switch between all-season and snow tires ;-)

Quick Reply: Pilot Sport All Season 4 vs Pilot Super Sport