Sponsored by:

Newbie C7 Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2024, 03:29 PM
calvins
Safety Car

Received 279 Likes on 125 Posts
Oldtimer

I'm also in Florida. Rotonda West about 3 miles (as the crow flies) from the ICW and Gulf. Never even gave salt water/air a thought. My car is in the garage when I'm not driving it. I have the paint, caliper covers, wheels and windows ceramic coated and my ragtop is also treated. ALL treatments done by professional shop and they also clean the car monthly. I have an EXCELLENT mechanic shop and they take care of all of our vehicles. I schedule service usually before it's due. I can't say if there are any gurgling noises on startup 'cause I always have my music on.... lol The A/C is NEVER off either. If the car is running smoothly, the gauges all look normal then I don't worry about it. The ONLY thing I do to the fuel system is to run Mobile 93 Octane, PERIOD!!!
I don't drive it "hard". This is my 6th and last Corvette. I will NOT get a C8 as I refuse to accept an automatic Corvette.... Yes, I know they're faster but if I wanted a car to race it'd be a totally different beast than the C7 is.

I would advise you to figure out why the rpm's aren't steady at start-up and the car is initially jumpy though. Something's not right there.
The following users liked this post:
Tommy44 (04-27-2024)
Old 04-26-2024, 03:55 PM
lassie
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by C7_Craig
Congrats on being a new Corvette owner!
What part of Florida? (I'm just outside of Tampa).
- I have a 2014 Z-51. At idle my tachometer needle is steady,.....but as others have said, I do feel the engine moving a bit. My local dealership, (highly Corvette focused), said it's normal.
- For the first few minutes at cold start I also hear a fluid flowing sound coming from under the hood. I just assume it's the dry-sump oil system flowing.
- I don't add anything special during fill ups other than 93 octane from a top tier station. My German mechanic (and tons of 5 star reviews) swear by the Liqui Moly fuel system cleaner so I did run a bottle of that through when I first got the car to clean things out.
The C7 was on a new level for me as well and I love it!
Hello my neighbor. I am in Tampa too
Tommy44 (04-27-2024)
Old 04-27-2024, 07:10 PM
Tommy44
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orca1946
Welcome to the forum. When you get over the " I think I hear something phase" just go drive it and enjoy!!
awesome reply, duly noted !
Old 04-27-2024, 07:14 PM
Tommy44
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by calvins
I'm also in Florida. Rotonda West about 3 miles (as the crow flies) from the ICW and Gulf. Never even gave salt water/air a thought. My car is in the garage when I'm not driving it. I have the paint, caliper covers, wheels and windows ceramic coated and my ragtop is also treated. ALL treatments done by professional shop and they also clean the car monthly. I have an EXCELLENT mechanic shop and they take care of all of our vehicles. I schedule service usually before it's due. I can't say if there are any gurgling noises on startup 'cause I always have my music on.... lol The A/C is NEVER off either. If the car is running smoothly, the gauges all look normal then I don't worry about it. The ONLY thing I do to the fuel system is to run Mobile 93 Octane, PERIOD!!!
I don't drive it "hard". This is my 6th and last Corvette. I will NOT get a C8 as I refuse to accept an automatic Corvette.... Yes, I know they're faster but if I wanted a car to race it'd be a totally different beast than the C7 is.

I would advise you to figure out why the rpm's aren't steady at start-up and the car is initially jumpy though. Something's not right there.
  • I'm currently on the search for that type of mechanic in South Florida. At the moment, I don't have an option for an indoor garage but I'm pretty good with general upkeep. I do have it covered, however.
  • Thanks for the mobile tip - Thats been very consistent on this page.
  • When I find said mechanic , I will coat the windows, calibers and other related protective coatings.
calvins (04-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Newbie C7 Question(s)