Notices
C7 Parts for Sale/Wanted C7 Corvette Performance Parts, OEM, Aftermarket, Superchargers, Turbo Kits, Wheels & Tires, Exterior Enhancements
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 08:57 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Received 173 Likes on 132 Posts

Happy Sunday everyone !
Old 08-19-2018, 11:33 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Time for a color change
Old 08-24-2018, 10:49 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Yup, no more waiting for Z06 boxes!! I'm making solid bushings now so any box is the same as a Z06 box. If you have a non-Z06 box but you want solid Z06 bushings just let me know.
The following users liked this post:
PaulMEdwards (03-12-2021)
Old 08-25-2018, 11:00 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Here's a couple more shots of the solid Z06 styled bushings.
PaulMEdwards (03-12-2021)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:03 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Boxes ready for Monday morning!

Five in Friday night and five out Monday morning.
Old 09-02-2018, 12:35 PM
tbevins
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Update

Hey guys, this is my personal SN, TMODCUSTOMS is my vendor SN. They won't be able to turn my vendor logon back on until Tuesday due to the long weekend.

I have been trying to keep the price of my boxes down for as long as I possibly could. I don't make a lot on these boxes but my other business has allowed me to "subsidize" this project if you will. After this weekend, due to increasing costs beyond my control, I will be forced to increase the price. I'm not sure how much yet, but I will be honoring the current prices for anyone and everyone who gets an order placed before Tuesday. I want to let everyone know in advance.

I would also like to take this time to thank each and everyone who has purchased my boxes,as well as everyone who I have gotten to know. Thank you for your support, I hope everyone is spending the holiday weekend with their loved ones.

Tom

TMODCUSTOMS

Old 09-02-2018, 01:54 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,716 Likes on 2,921 Posts

Wow, with that news, I'm going to push a guy I know with a C6 to get his order in ASAP then!
tbevins (09-02-2018)
Old 09-02-2018, 10:12 PM
tbevins
Instructor

My vendor PM's will probably be down until Tuesday, please shoot me an email at TMODCUSTOMS@GMAIL.COM or PM this account. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:03 AM
tbevins
Instructor

Happy Labor Day!
Old 09-03-2018, 06:45 PM
tbevins
Instructor

Lots of boxes going out tomorrow!

Some of Friday's incoming boxes

Cap Assembly

Some of Friday's boxes going out tomorrow.
​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by tbevins:
Kracka (09-03-2018), PaulMEdwards (03-12-2021)
Old 09-07-2018, 08:46 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Default Update

New pricing for the boxes is $145.00
Still includes Two-Day Priority Shipping
Delrin or Polyurethane Torque Tube Bushings

I'm sorry for the increase, I am doing everything possible to keep pricing as low as I can without sacrificing anything. Thank you for understanding, I appreciate everyone's support. Have a great weekend.

Last edited by TMODcustoms; 09-07-2018 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:13 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

New product Launch Soon!

My C6 has been in and out of the body shop for months. I finally got it back so I'll be able to wrap up the final details and make this next part available. I'll have it ready this upcoming week if all goes well.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:38 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Can't wait to hear about it!
TMODcustoms (09-09-2018)
Old 09-09-2018, 04:02 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Little CNC footage for the weekend..

C5, C6 & C7
Performance Shifter Boxes
Upgraded Shifter Options

Zero-Slop Shifter Linkages
Don't replace your clutch without upgrading your linkage!

www.TMODCUSTOMS.com
info@tmodcustoms.com

Old 09-13-2018, 05:28 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by C5-JK-RT
This is a must do for the C5 6m - I had no idea just how sloppy my shifter was until I put this in. I went with the delrin bushings. NO regrets. My shifter is now tight and snappy, It probably feels better now than when it rolled out the factory - Tom makes a great product and communicates well.

I love hearing that, enjoy my friend!

It's funny you said that actually. I have been experimenting with some brand new boxes, they have never been installed. They are pretty damn tight, in a bad way. They take a lot of force to move, similar to the old shot out boxes that have gunk and dirt inside them, it's a very similar feel. This is one of the reasons I recommend silicone around the top of the box, where the shifter bolts up. Another reason why I use extra seals and do everything possible to keep it sealed up and debris out.
If you look at a brand new box the torque tube bushings are TERRIBLE. They are over sized because they are that crappy rubber, and they are made to be squeezed so hard that's one of the reasons they turn to crap so quickly. I've seen them out of 13k cars that are just totally shot. Delrin Poly or solid, that's the way to go for sure.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:48 AM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Default New release

It's been hard for me to keep this to myself this long but the time has come. AVAILABLE TODAY, the new 5% Reduction Shifter, yes the top assembly for C5, C6 and C7's.

If your looking for an ultra tight, super smooth shifter that does not require more force than the factory shifter to use, this is it.

All aftermarket Corvette shifters are "short shifters" this means the throw is reduced, from 20-40%. Reducing the throw increases the force required equally, shorter equals harder to move.
Instead of shortening the shifter and making it harder to use, the focus of our 5% Reduction shifter is to create the smoothest, most precise shift action possible. Thru the use of a lifetime lubricated bearing and Teflon friction surfaces our 5% Reduction shifter is everything you want your shifter to be and nothing else.
Sold Separately or with our world renowned shifter box, your driving experience will be smoother and more precise than you ever thought was possible.

That's the pitch, I've been driving on this shifter and a 20% reduction version for just under ten thousand miles. If you want a super smooth shifter that is still short I also have a 20% reduction version. Both use the same design and components and are of course warrantied for life.

WARNING
Round or Symmetrical shift ***** must be used, factory ***** and other ***** such as T-handles are not recommended for use with this shifter. I designed this shifter to be as smooth as humanly possible. One thing I decided to leave out was internal retainers that would keep the shaft from being able to spin.(Like if you were trying to unscrew the shaft). The shaft does not "spin" freely or like a top for example, but it is able to rotate so if you were using a directional **** like a T-handle for example, it may not stay clocked correctly. For this reason only round or symmetrical ***** are recommended.

Shaft is 5\8in. diameter Stainless Steel with a 9/16-18 thread to accommodate most other aftermarket *****.

OPTIONS
With either shifter you can opt for two different heights: one or two inches lower than stock. If you have a custom height request let me know, I am pretty accommodating.

Shifter includes delrin **** of your choice.

PRICING

Shifter of your choice including Delrin **** is $150.00 Shipped in the US.

If you have previously purchased a shifter box or are also buying a shifter box you save $10.00, the price is $285.00 Shipped in the US.

Here are a couple pics, I have anodized the shaft on this prototype, shafts will not be anodized.

Old 09-14-2018, 08:07 AM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Aww man...really wish this were compatible with the stock C7 ****! If you ever decide to make a version that doesn't rotate and is compatible with the stock **** please let me know.

Get notified of new replies

To Performance Lower Shifter Boxes

Old 09-14-2018, 07:47 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Sorry, I just wanted it to be smooth and precise, I didn't want anything in there to hang up or rub against, the result is a bearing glide shift experience.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:57 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

The 5% Shifter is great for everyone who does not like the increased force that results from shortening the shifter. All other aftermarket shifters are short , or reduced by 20 to 40%. This makes them that much harder to shift. By only reducing the shifter ratio by 5% it's just like the stock shifter but smooth and precise just like my lower boxes are.

Old 09-15-2018, 03:27 PM
TMODcustoms
Supporting Vendor

Delrin **** are available separate as well.

Quick Reply: FS: Performance Lower Shifter Boxes