C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MSRC Questions - Can't get into PTM menu

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 10:43 PM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default MSRC Questions - Can't get into PTM menu

Guys -

Just took delivery of my new C7 Z51 with MSRC but for some reason I can't get into the PTM menu. Can someone confirm if I am doing this correctly:

1) Put the car into Track mode with the drive mode selector
2) Car is not moving (tried with park brake on and with off)
3) press the driver mode selector twice quickly (tried all kinds of speeds)

Either nothing illuminates or I just get the TC Off icon showing up. I never get the PTM menu like you see on youtube and the review videos.

I can hold the TC off button for the long-press to get what the manual describes as competitive mode (TC Off and The Traction light on) - Should this even be possible with the Z51 MSRC or does PTM completely replace this function?

Is there a way to verify that the MSRC option is installed on the car? Sticker shows the option correctly but can you verify it on the car somehow?

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:03 AM
RJ-92
Race Director

Received 328 Likes on 157 Posts

I would advise opening the glove box and reading over the procedures in the owners manual.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:37 AM
DFW_C7
Instructor

I'll have to go look and see if there is a paper manual in the car

I read the direction in the PDF from the GM site linked on the forums here: forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-general-discussion/3329844-owners-manual-its-up.html

And also watched the video on he system here:

:/
Old 10-08-2013, 01:05 PM
mwraydixon
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PTM not working.

I am having the same problem. Followed owners manual and video. Dealer cannot get it to go into this mode either. Is the auto tranmission a factor? Does it work only on Manual transmission?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:50 PM
fraub
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I am having the same problem. I have a manual Z51 with MSRC and have followed manual and posted video with no luck.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:32 AM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by fraub
I am having the same problem. I have a manual Z51 with MSRC and have followed manual and posted video with no luck.
I am also on the manual transmission. Other then this one minor annoyance - the rest of the car runs great.

I am going to try and pull the battery cables tonight and do a hard reset to see if it helps if I have the time.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:19 AM
icntdrv55
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hmmm. I'm not a C7 owner, but have read on this forum of the tach showing redline at 3500 RPM during break-in first 500 mi. Is it possible that you can't access the PTM mode until break-in is complete? Just a thought...
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by icntdrv55
Hmmm. I'm not a C7 owner, but have read on this forum of the tach showing redline at 3500 RPM during break-in first 500 mi. Is it possible that you can't access the PTM mode until break-in is complete? Just a thought...
I have been wondering the same myself.

Also an update on my battery pull last night. It is a real PITA to make happen the way it is mounted in the back of the trunk but I managed to disconnect it for almost an hour. When reconnected the car had lost all of it's memory and presets but I am still unable to access the PTM menu.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:19 PM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

I held down the center button instead of two pushes, and was able to access the PTM menu. Twisting the dial gave me all the PTM choices.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:16 PM
DFW_C7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hot Rod Todd
I held down the center button instead of two pushes, and was able to access the PTM menu. Twisting the dial gave me all the PTM choices.
Hey Hot Rod Todd - Thanks for the comment. I will try this tonight if I get a chance. Can you comment on how long you held it and did it show you the PTM menu on the main DIC when you did it?

This was how I got into the other mode but I never saw the PTM menu where I could select between Wet, Dry, Sport, and Race modes.

Can you confirm that you and I are talking about the same PTM menu?

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

I'll go through the steps again later and confirm for you, but I'm sure I was in the PTM menu since I could switch between the various Track Modes.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:22 AM
fraub
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The missing link to the procedure is that you must press the brake pedal and then press the driver mode selector twice quickly. Works every time and fixed the problem.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:56 PM
lawdogg149
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 61 Likes on 37 Posts

Brake pedal wasn't necessary on mine I made the adjustment while driving down the road. Seems it works on some and not others.

Track mode on dial. Two clicks on center button pulls up menu scroll right for PTM settings.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM
Hot Rod Todd
Burning Brakes

I too can do it while driving. I tried it again yesterday and it worked fine. Make sure you're in track mode. Press the center button twice, but on the second push I held it down a bit longer. That seemed to get it into track mode every time. Once in PTM you can use the dial to select the mode (you'll see the selections at the bottom of the display).
Old 10-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

I tried to use this but couldn't get it to work either. I can select the mods easy enough rotating the dial, but once in track mode couldn't get into any other options. I'll try it again later today.

Get notified of new replies

To MSRC Questions - Can't get into PTM menu

Quick Reply: MSRC Questions - Can't get into PTM menu