C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Only in Econ mode???

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 03:59 PM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15
Default Only in Econ mode???

The wife and I decided to take the Z51 and drive through the mountains in North Carolina. This is what this car was designed for. It moves so effortlessly through the turns you forget you are in the mountains.

Coming from the beach, we left the car in Econ mode and averaged about 28 MPG. Not to shabby so I hope that improves over time. While in the mountains, I changed the mode to sport and could feel the difference in the suspension, exhaust and the performance. After we topped the mountain I was surprised to hear the exhaust quiet down and looking at the display seeing the car in V4 mode. The car continued to cycle between V4 and V8 mode depending on the load to the engine. I ran through all the modes and each showed the car cycling from the V4 to the V8 mode.

Based on what I've heard and read, the V4 mode is only supposed to occur in the Econ mode. Has anybody else seen this or have I been inhaling to much exhaust?

Last edited by time2run; 10-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:08 PM
ChucksZ06
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 23 Posts

Do you have an auto?
Old 10-12-2013, 04:29 PM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ChucksZ06
Do you have an auto?
Yes....auto with performance exhaust.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:37 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by time2run
Yes....auto with performance exhaust.
Gotta be using paddles in some mode to deactivate it with auto. Not sure specifics--- the car's manual is your friend. See AFM in index.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:38 PM
VNAMVET
Le Mans Master

Received 392 Likes on 196 Posts

The wife and I decided to take the Z51 and drive through the mountains in North Carolina. This is what this car was designed for. It moves so effortlessly through the turns you forget you are in the mountains.

Coming from the beach, we left the car in Econ mode and averaged about 28 MPG. Not to shabby so I hope that improves over time. While in the mountains, I changed the mode to sport and could feel the difference in the suspension, exhaust and the performance. After we topped the mountain I was surprised to hear the exhaust quiet down and looking at the display seeing the car in V4 mode. The car continued to cycle between V4 and V8 mode depending on the load to the engine. I ran through all the modes and each showed the car cycling from the V4 to the V8 mode.

Based on what I've heard and read, the V4 mode is only supposed to occur in the Econ mode. Has anybody else seen this or have I been inhaling to much exhaust?
My behaved exactly like yours. I have been learning the infotainment
system but need to look into this in the user manual.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:50 PM
agapsdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 147 Posts

Manual Trans requires Econ mode only.
Auto Trans I believe works with everything but Track.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:42 PM
time2run
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
Manual Trans requires Econ mode only.
Auto Trans I believe works with everything but Track.
Absolutely correct. The manual transmission will only cycle in the Econ mode. The auto tranny will cycle in all modes except when you are using the paddle shifters. I need to check out Track mode again as I thought I saw the mode cycle here as well. Guess I need to read the manual and move the mode from Auto to Off.

Get notified of new replies

To Only in Econ mode???

Quick Reply: Only in Econ mode???