C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Z51 trouble

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 04:15 PM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by TooMch
Can we just quit defending the Firebirds? Let it die.

This is a thread about the C7 windshield cracking.

The Dealer determined it was from an Exterior collision???? How convenient. Not their fault. Do you remember anything hitting the car?

Crazy. I get upset when someone tries to avoid taking responsibility. If there is some proof, it is one thing. So that's what I'm wondering.

And what insurance covers this?

On top of that, I kind of laugh that GM does not have any replacement windshields yet. Sorry, OP, I'm sure it is not funny to you.
The OP's car insurance would cover that under his comprehensive policy.
Old 10-19-2013, 09:59 PM
Theo Harris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TooMch
Can we just quit defending the Firebirds? Let it die.

This is a thread about the C7 windshield cracking.

The Dealer determined it was from an Exterior collision???? How convenient. Not their fault. Do you remember anything hitting the car?

Crazy. I get upset when someone tries to avoid taking responsibility. If there is some proof, it is one thing. So that's what I'm wondering.

And what insurance covers this?

On top of that, I kind of laugh that GM does not have any replacement windshields yet. Sorry, OP, I'm sure it is not funny to you.
Thanks,

after many conversations with the dealer they decided to pay for the windshield. I remember when I put the targa top back down and shut the manual levers I heard the cracked glass, And after the dealer said the impact was exterior I inspected the car twice and there is Nothing-Absolutely not a visual of any kind an exterior impact, it's all from inside. I truly believe GM should been paying for the windshield. Do not understand why the dealer took such a hard stand on it and later to turn around and agree to pay for it??????

Any way what sucks is there is no windshield anywhere in the US and now we are trying to get it from the manufacture of the windshield directly. I hope they get it together soon!

Last edited by Theo Harris; 10-19-2013 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Theo Harris
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Theo Harris
Thanks,

after many conversations with the dealer they decided to pay for the windshield. I remember when I put the targa top back down and shut the manual levers I heard the cracked glass, And after the dealer said the impact was exterior I inspected the car twice and there is Nothing-Absolutely not a visual of any kind an exterior impact, it's all from inside. I truly believe GM should been paying for the windshield. Do not understand why the dealer took such a hard stand on it and later to turn around and agree to pay for it??????

Any way what sucks is there is no windshield anywhere in the US and now we are trying to get it from the manufacture of the windshield directly. I hope they get it together soon!
BTW: Chevy Customer Service is communicating with me and trying to help on there end. God speed to all and let's get a new glass so we can get this Ray back on the road!
Old 10-19-2013, 11:52 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by RamAir972003
So I guess all t/a are pos I didn't know that...
I think he's comparing the chassis, which he is correct, I'm not as familiar with the current gen camaro chassis, but the previous gen f-body chassis are antiques when compared to even C5 corvettes, lots of twist
There are lots of really fast gen 4 f-bodies out there, but all with some major chassis work.
I still love that gen f-body, especially the TA.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 10-20-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-20-2013, 12:01 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by JeffInDFW
So does your LT5. And your attitude, while we are at it.
Sorry..... The LT5 was and still is one of the best engines ever put in a corvette, its a masterpiece , the power that can be extracted from that engine is ridiculous , on an unlimited budget, if putting together my own super corvette, I would start with the LT5 over any LS engine.

GM killed it because it was just to expensive(and was on the verge of the corvette going under at the time)
Old 10-20-2013, 12:10 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Theo Harris
After 90 miles on my new c7 I popped the targa top off ( love that feature ) and discovered after I carefully put it back a cracked windshield from inside out at a place that's covered by the drivers targa release latch
That sucks man, look on the bright side.... At least your roof didn't fly off, there are always going to be bugs the 1st year of a new model, at least it's an easy fix, you won't be vette less more than 24 hours.

I just hope for your sake that they have windows already in stock, as I remember I had a crack in the rear window of my new 01 Z , and it took 2 months to get a replacement, because of the thinner glass, it was a special order.

Quick Reply: C7 Z51 trouble