C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LG Motorsports C7 Super Cool Radaitor

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 03:36 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 406 Likes on 300 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13

Default LG Motorsports C7 Super Cool Radaitor

Hey guys,

One more sneak peek before the big 20th Birthday Bash at the National Corvette Museum event next week.

We will be on track testing our new C7 Stingray Super Cool Radiator. After doing some testing with our suspension packages we noticed that the car was running a bit on the warmer side when pushed to the limits so testing started on our new radiator which you see below.

You can see it in person next week at Bowling Green with full results and pricing released in September!
Old 08-20-2014, 04:16 PM
C7pimp
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 245 Posts

Will you guys just build my car for free?

Old 08-21-2014, 08:37 AM
Wormwood
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

It doesn't look like a DeWitt so what are the specs. on the core? I assume it'll be an all aluminum drop-in replacement but are you considering a dual fan setup & losing those flapper valves? I can see in stock form there's about an inch of extra space to work with for a larger core, fans, or whatever.

GM's design on raising the operating temps they completely missed the human factor. Sure, you can design an engine, it cowling, ignition coils, wiring, etc. to handle the elevated temps but you can't change a human's level of what's tolerable. No one likes to even stand beside a C7 after it's been running & I catch myself throwing the hood up every time get to the house. I can't drive the vette directly into the garage else the garage will be 100° all evening.

I believe the car can handle the temps but it's everything else you own that is used in support of the car that wasn't designed with these temps. in mind. So I'd interested in anything that could be used to recalibrate my temps.
Old 08-21-2014, 03:39 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Wormwood
It doesn't look like a DeWitt so what are the specs. on the core? I assume it'll be an all aluminum drop-in replacement but are you considering a dual fan setup & losing those flapper valves? I can see in stock form there's about an inch of extra space to work with for a larger core, fans, or whatever.

GM's design on raising the operating temps they completely missed the human factor. Sure, you can design an engine, it cowling, ignition coils, wiring, etc. to handle the elevated temps but you can't change a human's level of what's tolerable. No one likes to even stand beside a C7 after it's been running & I catch myself throwing the hood up every time get to the house. I can't drive the vette directly into the garage else the garage will be 100° all evening.

I believe the car can handle the temps but it's everything else you own that is used in support of the car that wasn't designed with these temps. in mind. So I'd interested in anything that could be used to recalibrate my temps.
We do all of our own designs and construction on the radiators and this one is no different.

I'll put specs down once all testing has been finished in-case there are any changes after the event.

Last edited by Anthony @ LGMotorsports; 08-21-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:09 PM
Wormwood
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 21 Posts

Thank you! Looking forward to it..

Wormwood

After looking at the radiator with my glasses on, the radiator looks like you extended the core all the way to the very edge & almost eliminated the end caps. This would suggest a labyrinth'd or multiple pass design. At least not a simple in & out radiator. The two ports on the lower left side are for the oil, correct?

Last edited by Wormwood; 08-22-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:10 PM
0Anthony @ LGMotorsports
Former Vendor

We should be back on track next week to do more testing with it, but so far so good.

System cap. is increased by almost a full gallon of coolant.

Get notified of new replies

To LG Motorsports C7 Super Cool Radaitor

Quick Reply: LG Motorsports C7 Super Cool Radaitor