C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Resonator recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 05:12 PM
Kakashi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Resonator recommendations?

I am looking for recommendations on resonators / mufflers to quiet down a stingray with long tubes (no cats) and stock NPP catback. Don't get me wrong, it wounds wicked, but it is too loud for me (everyone else likes it) when going WOT.

On my previous car, a Camaro LS3, I had a lot of rasp / drone / noise after installing LT's /w the stock mufflers. I was able to eliminate it with a magnaflow 11386 resonator X-pipe muffler (+changing the stock mufflers to magnaflow mufflers).

Has anyone tried ADDING a resonator or a resonator X-pipe muffler to their exhaust to quiet down the drone / rasp / noise? Maybe someone has and they can share the part number?
Old 03-24-2015, 05:50 PM
dovervold
Melting Slicks

Received 232 Likes on 170 Posts

Any particular reason you went catless? I think that could be a big part of the problem. I had LT's with catted X and Corsa Sports on my C6Z and it was magic. Great idle, no drone, and barked at WOT
Old 03-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Kakashi
Advanced

Originally Posted by dovervold
Any particular reason you went catless? I think that could be a big part of the problem. I had LT's with catted X and Corsa Sports on my C6Z and it was magic. Great idle, no drone, and barked at WOT
Just a precaution I took, I have heard a few horror stories from clogged cats in supercharged cars. At the moment my idle is great, nor does it have any drone. Actually it sounds beautiful! I just want to turn down the volume at WOT.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:15 PM
Translator
Melting Slicks

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you want to quiet down the volume at WOT, I would just leave the NPP valves closed during WOT, and open them on other occasions.
Old 03-24-2015, 06:44 PM
Kakashi
Advanced

Originally Posted by Translator
If you want to quiet down the volume at WOT, I would just leave the NPP valves closed during WOT, and open them on other occasions.
I am usually running it on touring (sounds / volume is good, until you go WOT) and the engine sound management is set to auto. That means they are already "closed" right?

Maybe this is purely subjective, but WOT @ Eco, Touring, Sport or Track sound just as loud. I only notice the difference when cruising (or rev'ing in neutral) between eco/touring vs sport/track.
Old 03-25-2015, 01:31 PM
Kracka
Le Mans Master

Received 5,715 Likes on 2,921 Posts

Get a catted X-pipe to replace your catless, or add some little bottle resonators (Vibrant, Magnaflow, etc.) to your catless X-pipe.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Tim Cote
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Kakashi
I am looking for recommendations on resonators / mufflers to quiet down a stingray with long tubes (no cats) and stock NPP catback. Don't get me wrong, it wounds wicked, but it is too loud for me (everyone else likes it) when going WOT.

On my previous car, a Camaro LS3, I had a lot of rasp / drone / noise after installing LT's /w the stock mufflers. I was able to eliminate it with a magnaflow 11386 resonator X-pipe muffler (+changing the stock mufflers to magnaflow mufflers).

Has anyone tried ADDING a resonator or a resonator X-pipe muffler to their exhaust to quiet down the drone / rasp / noise? Maybe someone has and they can share the part number?
Yes I installed 'Vibrant 12 in resonators' near the rear before my mufflers. They are full stainlesd

Get notified of new replies

To Resonator recommendations?

Quick Reply: Resonator recommendations?