C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaking differential drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 11:32 AM
GoldenOne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaking differential drivers side

Drove the car all weekend in high temps in the desert. 24 hrs later I noticed the drivers side rear leaf spring wet with brown oil. I could see rear axle seal dry. Fill and drain plugs dry. Is there a vent plug, or what is the likely source for the leak? Thanks for the help. I have appt to bring car in this weekend to dealer.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:04 PM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 864 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by GoldenOne
Drove the car all weekend in high temps in the desert. 24 hrs later I noticed the drivers side rear leaf spring wet with brown oil. I could see rear axle seal dry. Fill and drain plugs dry. Is there a vent plug, or what is the likely source for the leak? Thanks for the help. I have appt to bring car in this weekend to dealer.
Was it near where the leaf spring goes into the two slots on each side of the car? Mine has some lubricant there too, I think it's just grease for where it slides through the two braces on either side.

Have a picture?
Old 03-31-2015, 12:51 PM
GoldenOne
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
Was it near where the leaf spring goes into the two slots on each side of the car? Mine has some lubricant there too, I think it's just grease for where it slides through the two braces on either side.

Have a picture?
The leak was along the middle of the drivers leaf spring. it was too thin to be grease. had the amber color and smell of oil. Did not see it on the passenger side. I will drive it again later and post a pic.

Get notified of new replies

To Leaking differential drivers side

Quick Reply: Leaking differential drivers side