C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bypass trunk partition sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 12:08 PM
busse
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bypass trunk partition sensor

Is there a way to bypass/disarm the trunk partition sensor so that the convertible power top will still operate, when the partition is removed?
Old 04-15-2015, 11:43 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by busse
Is there a way to bypass/disarm the trunk partition sensor so that the convertible power top will still operate, when the partition is removed?
I'm not sure how the car senses whether the partition is up or not. But raising the partition and securing it into place must activate some sort of switch, either magnetically or physically. If it's magnetic, securing a magnet in the right location should do it (you might have to experiment with polarity). If it's a physical connection, find a way to keep the switch depressed.

Alternately, if you can access the switch, just connecting the wires to each other (if the switch closes with the partition up) or disconnecting one from the switch (if the switch opens) should make the car think the partition is always up.

Just be careful not to lower the top on something that will interfere with it's motion.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:59 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

There is a push in switch on the passenger side connection. Take an Volt/ohm/milliamp meter and get some readings on the wires coming out of the switch. It might be as simple as shorting the wires to make the partition "be" in place. Car should probably be running while you take the measurements.

Elmer
Old 04-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Old Yellow
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
There is a push in switch on the passenger side connection. Take an Volt/ohm/milliamp meter and get some readings on the wires coming out of the switch. It might be as simple as shorting the wires to make the partition "be" in place. Car should probably be running while you take the measurements.

Elmer
The push in switch that was used on the C6 was replaced with a magnetic switch on the C7s. If you move a screw driver around the carpeting near the grommet on the partition you will feel the magnet embedded in the partition.

I've used a flat, rectangular magnet, secured by rubber bands beside the fastener pin to allow top movement. It is polar sensitive, so if the top doesn't move, and you get a message to fasten the partition, flip the magnet over.

If you want a more permanent work around you can disconnect the plug on the switch from inside the top stowage compartment with the tonneau cover raised. you can then jumper the two wires together.

Ed

Last edited by Old Yellow; 04-17-2015 at 11:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:24 AM
busse
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect!! Thanks for your help!
Old 06-13-2018, 06:49 PM
Mewn
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Anyone finding this thread like I did, I was unsuccessful trying to jumper the plug on my 2017 grand sport. I was only successful with the magnet method.

Get notified of new replies

To Bypass trunk partition sensor

Quick Reply: Bypass trunk partition sensor