C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best headers for C7's

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 10:22 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

I've had both Chinese knock offs on my C5 with great success with NA and nitrous. Had Kooks on my highly modified NA Z06. 5rwhp is nothing unless extracting the most of your setup. The cost difference is another matter or is the matter. I'm seeing all these new headers manufacturers having great qualities in different ways. Our new 15... Probably Texas Speed for the first time.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:24 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by beachcomber
I'm at 600whp. I almost went with stainless works, but was more impressed with the the fitment of the Kooks. Was perfection and the sound is amazing. Good luck with whichever setup you go with!
Interesting you used the word "fitment"... That's what I'm looking for. Fitment and obviously quality. Sounds like you did a comparison between the Stainless Works and Kooks? Nice numbers too. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:25 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 123sugey
I've had both Chinese knock offs on my C5 with great success with NA and nitrous. Had Kooks on my highly modified NA Z06. 5rwhp is nothing unless extracting the most of your setup. The cost difference is another matter or is the matter. I'm seeing all these new headers manufacturers having great qualities in different ways. Our new 15... Probably Texas Speed for the first time.
Are you basing that decesion solely on price with the Texas Speed headers?
Old 05-09-2015, 10:27 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sycraft
Love my TSP Headers, car is making 453hp and 459 tq with stock airbox...e85 helps...
Any problems with the install? Did the tunnel plate have to be reshaped? Impressive numbers.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:48 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

I have never had longtube headers without a blower but with my C7 I am torn. My car is a 15 Z51 A8 and when the headers are installed I will have the AFE cold air intake, ARH longtubes with high flow cats and an ECS dyno tune. The car should be pretty quick. For the street where most of my driving is done it's plenty. I like being able to keep it simple bolt ons and beat it and floor it whenever without much concern. My C6 had the ECS kit, meth, bolt ons and it was fast as hell but demanded way more respect and thought. Not sure If I will keep my stingray just a bolt on car or eventually go eith the ECS kit again.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:07 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

ARH customer service has gone downhill. I had a set on my C5 and they were fine. I am running TSP on my C7 and have a set of Kooks on the way for my 2015 6.2 1500 truck. I'll never buy ARH again, unfortunately.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:09 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by thegame
I have never had longtube headers without a blower but with my C7 I am torn. My car is a 15 Z51 A8 and when the headers are installed I will have the AFE cold air intake, ARH longtubes with high flow cats and an ECS dyno tune. The car should be pretty quick. For the street where most of my driving is done it's plenty. I like being able to keep it simple bolt ons and beat it and floor it whenever without much concern. My C6 had the ECS kit, meth, bolt ons and it was fast as hell but demanded way more respect and thought. Not sure If I will keep my stingray just a bolt on car or eventually go eith the ECS kit again.
So you're definitely going with ARH? Superchargers on these cars are very docile until you ask for the power. I have an A&A kit and its manners are near stock until after 3k rpm's then it really comes to life. I don't have any issues with the power output, just want that crisp, sharp sound only headers can provide. I truly thought I'd be fine without headers because these cars sound so damned good with the factory NPP exhaust, but, with a supercharger, the tone changes and not for the better. If you add a supercharger it must get headers too. Lesson learned.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:12 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
ARH customer service has gone downhill. I had a set on my C5 and they were fine. I am running TSP on my C7 and have a set of Kooks on the way for my 2015 6.2 1500 truck. I'll never buy ARH again, unfortunately.
Hey Higgs, interesting you bought TS for your car, but Kooks for the truck... Any particular reason for that? I know the C6's the Kooks dominated in the header world on those cars, but people seem to be diehard about the ARH on the C7's.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:18 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by C7BB
So you're definitely going with ARH? Superchargers on these cars are very docile until you ask for the power. I have an A&A kit and its manners are near stock until after 3k rpm's then it really comes to life. I don't have any issues with the power output, just want that crisp, sharp sound only headers can provide. I truly thought I'd be fine without headers because these cars sound so damned good with the factory NPP exhaust, but, with a supercharger, the tone changes and not for the better. If you add a supercharger it must get headers too. Lesson learned.
Yea I am def going AHR at ECS in June and I agree about your power statement. I just can't keep my foot out of it lol
Old 05-09-2015, 02:30 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Hey Higgs, interesting you bought TS for your car, but Kooks for the truck... Any particular reason for that? I know the C6's the Kooks dominated in the header world on those cars, but people seem to be diehard about the ARH on the C7's.
TSP is about 2 months out on headers for my truck and ain't nobody got time fo dat.

If TSP had some ready that's what I would have gone with.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:47 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Are you basing that decesion solely on price with the Texas Speed headers?
Price and seeing other forum members happy
Old 05-09-2015, 02:49 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

TSP is about 2 months out on headers for my truck and ain't nobody got time fo dat.

If TSP had some ready that's what I would have gone with.
So, other than the tunnel plate, no other fitment issues? I know they make great power!
Old 05-09-2015, 02:51 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 123sugey
Price and seeing other forum members happy

It's kinda funny, everyone who has responded to my question on here about headers seem to really like the choice they made. Sounds like I can't go wrong no matter the ones I choose.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:29 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

So, other than the tunnel plate, no other fitment issues? I know they make great power!
They fit well and the tunnel plate is a very minor issue, IMO. They just barely touch and can easily be spaced or bent around. For a 1000 dollar (give or take) savings it's a no brainer.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:50 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

They fit well and the tunnel plate is a very minor issue, IMO. They just barely touch and can easily be spaced or bent around. For a 1000 dollar (give or take) savings it's a no brainer.

Duly noted, thank you!
Old 05-09-2015, 08:29 PM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

no issues with fitment, went in easily and cleared everything, minor tunnel plate mod and it cleared, but they have a new tunnel plate coming out soon.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:20 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sycraft
no issues with fitment, went in easily and cleared everything, minor tunnel plate mod and it cleared, but they have a new tunnel plate coming out soon.
Do you know if that's gonna add to the price of the headers?

Get notified of new replies

To Best headers for C7's

Old 05-10-2015, 02:57 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,014 Likes on 365 Posts

My experience with ARH customer service was very good.

I was an early buyer of their mid-length headers and when they set a CEL for cats inefficient, the president of ARH called me personally late in the day, explained the cause, and promptly shipped the new cats.

Fitment was perfect and they sound great. I am a fan of ARH.

Last edited by RussM05; 05-10-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:17 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RussM05
My experience with ARH customer service was very good.

I was an early buyer of their mid-length headersand when they set a CEL for inefficient, the president of ARH called me personally late in the day, explained the cause, and promptly shipped the new cats.

Figment was perfect and they sound great. I am a fan of ARH.
Sounds like very good customer service... Any particular reason you chose mid length as opposed to long tube headers?
Old 05-10-2015, 06:44 PM
RussM05
Melting Slicks

Received 1,014 Likes on 365 Posts

I chose the mid-lengths because the long tubes require a tune and I didn't want to risk voiding the drive train warranty doing a tune.

Quick Reply: Best headers for C7's