C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best headers for C7's

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 11:31 AM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Best headers for C7's

I added a supercharger a short time ago to my C7... Love the power, want that crisp sound! I'm planning to add headers in the near future and would like an opinion as to which long tube header setup on these cars are the best? I'm primarily looking towards ARH, Stainless Works, Texas Speed, or Kooks. My heart at the moment is saying Stainless Works based on the research I've done, but I could be swayed in any direction based on educated feed back. Thanks to all who offer an opinion.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:07 PM
officermartinez
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by C7BB
I added a supercharger a short time ago to my C7... Love the power, want that crisp sound! I'm planning to add headers in the near future and would like an opinion as to which long tube header setup on these cars are the best? I'm primarily looking towards ARH, Stainless Works, Texas Speed, or Kooks. My heart at the moment is saying Stainless Works based on the research I've done, but I could be swayed in any direction based on educated feed back. Thanks to all who offer an opinion.
Hey, how's that car treatin' ya? The weather is getting warmer but man, it's rained pretty much every weekend! That stinks because we need to knock out some pictures. As for getting yourself a good set of headers, each brand has its pro's and con's (availability, price, performance, longevity, durability, gains, materials used, etc). I can only comment on our ARH long tubes with the cross pipe and cats. Even when paired to a factory NPP, it produces a deep harmonic sound that is instantly recognizable that the car does not have a factory exhaust. The car is loud upon starting up and eventually softens down to a beautiful low rumble. While driving, gears 1 and 2 on our A6 in sport / track mode are noticeably louder / much deeper. Gear 3 is the transition gear for sound. The sound starts to soften and by the time you hit 4th, 5th and 6th, as long as you are just cruising at normal speeds, there is only a tiny noticeable difference in the exhaust note but FAR from sounding loud and it has no drone. American Racing Headers did a wonderful job with these headers and of course, we love the extra ponies and torque numbers. There was a time when people would randomly compliment our car for its looks.. but now, we get our fair share of compliments based purely on how it sounds.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:00 PM
kiley2418
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Arh all the way...
The following users liked this post:
SteveDoten (02-09-2016)
Old 05-07-2015, 01:08 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by officermartinez
Hey, how's that car treatin' ya? The weather is getting warmer but man, it's rained pretty much every weekend! That stinks because we need to knock out some pictures. As for getting yourself a good set of headers, each brand has its pro's and con's (availability, price, performance, longevity, durability, gains, materials used, etc). I can only comment on our ARH long tubes with the cross pipe and cats. Even when paired to a factory NPP, it produces a deep harmonic sound that is instantly recognizable that the car does not have a factory exhaust. The car is loud upon starting up and eventually softens down to a beautiful low rumble. While driving, gears 1 and 2 on our A6 in sport / track mode are noticeably louder / much deeper. Gear 3 is the transition gear for sound. The sound starts to soften and by the time you hit 4th, 5th and 6th, as long as you are just cruising at normal speeds, there is only a tiny noticeable difference in the exhaust note but FAR from sounding loud and it has no drone. American Racing Headers did a wonderful job with these headers and of course, we love the extra ponies and torque numbers. There was a time when people would randomly compliment our car for its looks.. but now, we get our fair share of compliments based purely on how it sounds.
Hey Mike, how are ya man? Thanks for the very detailed write up on the ARH's. I'm seeing these are by far the most preferred headers. Still loving my extra power, just want the added sound to go with it. Every time I hear a car with headers it makes me want them even more. Hopefully the weather will clear up soon and we can get together for pics. Talk soon my friend.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:09 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kiley2418
Arh all the way...
Any particular reason you feel so strongly about those? I appreciate your opinion.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:17 PM
"BoneStock"
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

What do you want from the headers? i wemt texas speed becuase they were cheaper but they ended up making much more torque than most others too. The fitment is just so-so where as arh and kooks will be best. They sound amazing too! i went from ecs blower only making 553whp and 535wtq added 50/50 meth and ts headers to make 650whp and 657wtq.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:23 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by "BoneStock"
What do you want from the headers? i wemt texas speed becuase they were cheaper but they ended up making much more torque than most others too. The fitment is just so-so where as arh and kooks will be best. They sound amazing too! i went from ecs blower only making 553whp and 535wtq added 50/50 meth and ts headers to make 650whp and 657wtq.
Well... That's actually a tough question. I like things that fit properly. I appreciate the extra torque of the TS headers, but I'm still torn on the whole issue of fitment with those. I'm certainly not opposed to using them, however, I'm looking primarily for sound. I know they're only good for minimal hp and tq gains. I'm considering the SW based on their cats, supposedly the best of all the systems on the market today. Most all the Cadilliac V's are running those. Thank you for your input, I appreciate it. Very nice numbers btw!
Old 05-07-2015, 01:26 PM
MikeLsx
Drifting

Received 200 Likes on 151 Posts

kooks or ARH are my bet. used kooks in past, they are great.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:48 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
kooks or ARH are my bet. used kooks in past, they are great.
Which ones are you using on your car now?
Old 05-07-2015, 02:04 PM
kiley2418
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Any particular reason you feel so strongly about those? I appreciate your opinion.
I've had several cars from camaros to corvettes to Cobras and I've tried many brands along the way. ( kooks, grotts, qtp, slp etc) and each have had the pros and cons!! Honestly for me it's not just the quality and power gains!! its also the customer support! I've always had fast response from nick and them at arh! I'm an hour away from kooks here in North Carolina and I still buy arh!!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:13 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kiley2418
I've had several cars from camaros to corvettes to Cobras and I've tried many brands along the way. ( kooks, grotts, qtp, slp etc) and each have had the pros and cons!! Honestly for me it's not just the quality and power gains!! its also the customer support! I've always had fast response from nick and them at arh! I'm an hour away from kooks here in North Carolina and I still buy arh!!
That's worth a ton to me!!! I appreciate the feedback. Quality, and customer service are very important.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:14 PM
The Rock1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Anyone use the LG stepped LTs

Has anyone tried the LG LT's?
Old 05-07-2015, 02:22 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The Rock1
Has anyone tried the LG LT's?
I hate the idea of a stepped header. These cars have plenty of torque! I want flow and sound!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:35 PM
The Rock1
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 64 Posts

I hate the idea of a stepped header. These cars have plenty of torque! I want flow and sound!
I'm considering these as part of my ECS install. Doesn't hurt to have torque under the curve.
Old 05-07-2015, 02:54 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by The Rock1
I'm considering these as part of my ECS install. Doesn't hurt to have torque under the curve.

Trust me, I've got an A&A kit on my car... It doesn't lack in torque!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 03:17 PM
Sales@Texas-Speed
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We've dyno'd our headers against the competition and have continually made more hp than every other brand we have tested. The longer primaries of our header allowed us to make more power across the board. Our headers do require you to space down the cars under body plate for fitment.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dyno-data.html
Old 05-07-2015, 03:42 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Sales@Texas-Speed
We've dyno'd our headers against the competition and have continually made more hp than every other brand we have tested. The longer primaries of our header allowed us to make more power across the board. Our headers do require you to space down the cars under body plate for fitment.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dyno-data.html
Thanks for your input... Other than the under body plate have you had any other fitment issues to speak of ? Hardware, wire reach from O2 sensors, location of bungs for attachment... Anything? I like the hp aspect of your headers, and definitely the price! I don't like that they're made in China, but, lots of other things are too. At the end of the day, it's not a deal breaker, just concerned with quality and fitment.

Get notified of new replies

To Best headers for C7's

Old 05-07-2015, 04:19 PM
LT1_E85_Corvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Long tube American Racing Headers, you're welcome
Old 05-07-2015, 04:24 PM
C7BB
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LT1_E85_Corvette
Long tube American Racing Headers, you're welcome

Ha! Thanks Buddy. ;-)
Old 05-07-2015, 04:28 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

I am getting some ARH put on my 15 z51 next month by ECS!! AFE cold air intake, ARH longtubes with high flow cats, lingenfelter 170stat and ECS dyno tune.

Quick Reply: Best headers for C7's