C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center LCD screen image flickering

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 02:13 AM
DoubleDown
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Center LCD screen image flickering

I am having an issue with my 2014 1LT C7 where the center LCD screen is flickering and not displaying properly.

Here is a video of the problem:

I found a discussion on another forum and I was curious if any of you have also had this problem and how it was fixed.

http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/...cd-screen.html

Thanks,
John
Old 06-27-2015, 04:32 AM
vetehead
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John early 14 built cars suffered from this problem . Some cars took longer than others to show this problem. The center screen needs to be replaced my vin is ,1356 and took about 16 months before failure. Take it to dealer for warranty replacement ..after replacement my screen was fine!...good luck with repair.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Kakashi
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think there is even a bulletin for that problem. But the short answer is you need to take it to the dealer for a screen replacement. That is the fix.

They need to document it (your video is more than enough proof). Just show it to them, let them order the new screen and call you when it has arrived for you to take the car. The repair shouldn't take more than a day (ie. you'll have the car the same day back)

Last edited by Kakashi; 06-28-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:18 PM
Theta
Tech Contributor

Received 219 Likes on 110 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

The old bulletin has been superseded by a new bulletin. I will post both for you - that way, you can have them in-hand when taking it in.

The previous posters are correct - it's been a known issue on some 2014 and 2015 vehicles which is unrelated to build dates. More likely, it's just from a bad supplier batch for the Infotainment system which controls a great deal of the dash.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:31 PM
Kealani
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for Bulletin

Originally Posted by Theta
The old bulletin has been superseded by a new bulletin. I will post both for you - that way, you can have them in-hand when taking it in.

The previous posters are correct - it's been a known issue on some 2014 and 2015 vehicles which is unrelated to build dates. More likely, it's just from a bad supplier batch for the Infotainment system which controls a great deal of the dash.
Was this posted somewhere?
Old 07-07-2015, 01:40 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

mine had a flicker, turned out to be a loose connection.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:22 PM
morear
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Default LCD screen flickering

If you still have them could you send me the bulletins . My 14 vette has stated to have the same problem but It take about 8 hours of use for it to start. Going to hard to tell a tech to wait that long to see problem. Thanks for your help. mike o'rear

Originally Posted by Theta

Get notified of new replies

To Center LCD screen image flickering

Quick Reply: Center LCD screen image flickering