C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help picking a cat back exhaust for C7 NPP

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 07:43 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Received 262 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Need help picking a cat back exhaust for C7 NPP

local auto parts store and borla gave me a free borla atak cat back last year for displaying my car at corvettes at carlisle, i never read the fine print( lol) and traded the car and sold the exhaust on this forum. hay that $1,200 helped a little get me in my new 2016 z51 magride. anyway im getting a exhaust but not a borla!!!double secret probation for this year-- so my choices for this year are anything from billyboat-corsa- or magnaflow(cat backs only, no x pipe ect) so who likes what and who hates what? thank you
Old 05-30-2016, 07:53 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Default ttt

I did the the Borla atka set up with NPP got it from corvette mods was the vendor. They have them on sale now still but a new guy in here has a set of Borla atka for sell for 1100.00 plus shipping. But you may be close to him are have a friend that does are maybe go by his place and see it for you.

He is a newby in here I am sure that is the only reason he has not sold the set up yet. I looked for a few months on all of the other 4 cat backs but didn't want to give up the NPP mode on the car so I broke down and just got the new Borla ATKA with NPP and love it on the car.

Yes I did look at the sound clips of all the others but then again only ONE has the NPP on them and that is the MF set up. I just like the sound of the Borla better..

Look in the c7 for sale section on the guy that has the Borla he may be close to you man.... He does have pic,s of the set up also.. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 05-30-2016 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:48 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robert miller
I did the the Borla atka set up with NPP got it from corvette mods was the vendor. They have them on sale now still but a new guy in here has a set of Borla atka for sell for 1100.00 plus shipping. But you may be close to him are have a friend that does are maybe go by his place and see it for you.

He is a newby in here I am sure that is the only reason he has not sold the set up yet. I looked for a few months on all of the other 4 cat backs but didn't want to give up the NPP mode on the car so I broke down and just got the new Borla ATKA with NPP and love it on the car.

Yes I did look at the sound clips of all the others but then again only ONE has the NPP on them and that is the MF set up. I just like the sound of the Borla better..

Look in the c7 for sale section on the guy that has the Borla he may be close to you man.... He does have pic,s of the set up also.. Robert
i need a recommendation on anything but borla, thank you
Old 05-30-2016, 10:22 PM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default I can recommend the B&B Fusion

I installed the B&B unit eight months ago. Workmanship is good. Actuators still work. My Profile has a sound clip.
The following users liked this post:
savage (05-30-2016)
Old 05-30-2016, 11:06 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Little Red Corvette1
I installed the B&B unit eight months ago. Workmanship is good. Actuators still work. My Profile has a sound clip.
thats what im thinking( corsa has no npp setup, and i dont care if chip came to my house to put magnaflow on, im not a fan)in doing my research the website has the B and B bullet being the loudest but the fusion is nearly the same sound WOT, cost means nothing( its free) the fusion is $600 more, what made you buy the fusion over the bullet? thanks

Last edited by savage; 05-30-2016 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:14 PM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

I have the B & B bullets with the speedway black tips, NPP deleted and actuators removed. The AFM valves have worked flawlessly. A little drone around 1700 rpm but changing gears takes care of that. The ARH middies, a carbon Halltech cai and a Borla catless x-pipe add to the sound. I don't think you will be disappointed with the B & B's.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:28 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Man car looks bad azz on the road track plus love the stance of it.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:31 AM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Default Fusion vs Bullets

Originally Posted by savage
the fusion is $600 more, what made you buy the fusion over the bullet? thanks
My car has NPP as its only option. I was trying to make it pay. The Fusions are kind of loud, with long tubes, even with the valves closed.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:55 AM
Pacembellum
Melting Slicks

Received 689 Likes on 507 Posts

local auto parts store and borla gave me a free borla atak cat back last year for displaying my car at corvettes at carlisle, i never read the fine print( lol) and traded the car and sold the exhaust on this forum. hay that $1,200 helped a little get me in my new 2016 z51 magride. anyway im getting a exhaust but not a borla!!!double secret probation for this year-- so my choices for this year are anything from billyboat-corsa- or magnaflow(cat backs only, no x pipe ect) so who likes what and who hates what? thank you
What was the fine print and why not borla?
Old 05-31-2016, 08:04 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Pacembellum
What was the fine print and why not borla?
there was no fine print, borla didnt care,im sure they dont even know, the local parts place expected me to have it on my car for at least a year( i do 20 plus autocross events a year, their thoughts would be me bringing them sales,right now im running the factory exhaust,im not helping sales) so when i went to lock in the free borla( they give one of each they sell for free)i was told a good customer already asked for it. spite work!! now before you think i should tell them to go pound sand!! im still getting a aftermarket exhaust for free and the discount i get on hawk pads, DBA rotors, hoosier tires, alignments, ect is worth it to me to keep our friendship!!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:22 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

My car has NPP as its only option. I was trying to make it pay. The Fusions are kind of loud, with long tubes, even with the valves closed.
what size tip opening did you go with 4.0 or 4.5? i thought the 4.5 were z06 but zo6 have their own part numbers- it looks like the fusion for a z51 npp comes with 4.0 or 4.5 opening. the more i know the better chance the parts place puts on the right on first time. last year they put the 2014 borla atak on my 2015 and once it got to show they changed it again to the newest version. things get updated all the time but they need to move old stock!!!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:11 PM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Default These are the round tips........

I would measure, except my car is at the shop getting a cam installed.
Old 06-01-2016, 12:36 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

I would measure, except my car is at the shop getting a cam installed.
I seen what I needed by your picture, even if you have the 4.0 tips the 4.5 will fit easy. On the b&b website all exhaust for zo6, z51 and base come eather 4.0 or 4.5 -- just don't know why anyone would want the 4.0 sence the 4.5 is same money.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:59 AM
savage
Burning Brakes

what size tip opening did you go with 4.0 or 4.5? i thought the 4.5 were z06 but zo6 have their own part numbers- it looks like the fusion for a z51 npp comes with 4.0 or 4.5 opening. the more i know the better chance the parts place puts on the right on first time. last year they put the 2014 borla atak on my 2015 and once it got to show they changed it again to the newest version. things get updated all the time but they need to move old stock!!!
Update, the 4.0 tips are round, the 4.5 tips are oval.

Last edited by savage; 06-01-2016 at 12:00 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:05 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

there was no fine print, borla didnt care,im sure they dont even know, the local parts place expected me to have it on my car for at least a year( i do 20 plus autocross events a year, their thoughts would be me bringing them sales,right now im running the factory exhaust,im not helping sales) so when i went to lock in the free borla( they give one of each they sell for free)i was told a good customer already asked for it. spite work!! now before you think i should tell them to go pound sand!! im still getting a aftermarket exhaust for free and the discount i get on hawk pads, DBA rotors, hoosier tires, alignments, ect is worth it to me to keep our friendship!!
OK here so you race your car that is good but you almost sound like you want all the free parts from every one. But then don't want to put that parts name out what you are running.

Almost like you want to hit every vendor are parts that you can get a free part from for your car.

Just tell me and explain the diff from your side of it on this.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:42 PM
savage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robert miller
OK here so you race your car that is good but you almost sound like you want all the free parts from every one. But then don't want to put that parts name out what you are running.

Almost like you want to hit every vendor are parts that you can get a free part from for your car.

Just tell me and explain the diff from your side of it on this.
I could do a little better job of being thankful for the free stuff. My thoughts were leaving my car at corvette show for four days was giving them enough. There are many corvette owners on here that would never loan their car for a show for twice what I'm getting!! The car sits in a tent and everyone that wants to hear exhaust just asks , the car is started at least 50 times a day. I think I'm giving enough for what I get!! Thanks for reading

Last edited by savage; 06-01-2016 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-01-2016, 04:47 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

I could do a little better job of being thankful for the free stuff. My thoughts were leaving my car at corvette show for four days was giving them enough. There are many corvette owners on here that would never loan their car for a show for twice what I'm getting!! The car sits in a tent and everyone that wants to hear exhaust just asks , the car is started at least 50 times a day. I think I'm giving enough for what I get!! Thanks for reading
I can agree with what you are saying here on every tom dick and harry coming by and putting the hands on your car and what ever. Then ask for a start up on top of that. What really is bad to me is that 99.9% of those guys will not buy and cant afford the system for the car just a wisher. Robert
Old 06-05-2016, 01:46 PM
killshots
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just did the B&B Fusion on mine. Sounds outrageous, but I did that at the same time as my ARH mid-lengths and a Corsa catless X-pipe, so I have no idea how it would sound as a solo mod.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help picking a cat back exhaust for C7 NPP

Quick Reply: Need help picking a cat back exhaust for C7 NPP