C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GS Collector's Edition protection

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2017, 02:04 PM
landsailor
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS Collector's Edition protection

I've heard a lot about XPEL clear bra does anyone have any feed back on NANO FUSION clear bra? I got a Grand Sport Collector Edition & the dealer I bought the car from sells NANO FUSION. They say the NANO FUSION has a lifetime warrenty.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:44 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I used XPel on my GSCE. IMHO, it is very important to find a talented installer that is well respected in your area (check the regional forums here for your area of the country). The films are all pretty similar, if you find a very reputable installer use what they are comfortable with and recommend.

One thing about the CE, the center stripe is satin, not gloss finish. So talk with the installer about how you want to handle it. Some don't cover it, others do. If you cover it with a gloss film it will turn the stripe gloss. With my XPel install I had them cut in their Stealth film which has a matte finish and it worked out well. Very happy with it.

Also, please check the GSCE sticky post in the general C7 forum. I have a registry going and you should post info. A few of us there have posted post wrap pictures as well.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:47 PM
landsailor
6th Gear

Thanks Ken. I will check out the GSCE sticky
Originally Posted by mountainears
I used XPel on my GSCE. IMHO, it is very important to find a talented installer that is well respected in your area (check the regional forums here for your area of the country). The films are all pretty similar, if you find a very reputable installer use what they are comfortable with and recommend.

One thing about the CE, the center stripe is satin, not gloss finish. So talk with the installer about how you want to handle it. Some don't cover it, others do. If you cover it with a gloss film it will turn the stripe gloss. With my XPel install I had them cut in their Stealth film which has a matte finish and it worked out well. Very happy with it.

Also, please check the GSCE sticky post in the general C7 forum. I have a registry going and you should post info. A few of us there have posted post wrap pictures as well.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:45 AM
pkincy
Safety Car

Received 645 Likes on 485 Posts

As the actual installer is so important, this is not something I would trust to any Dealer.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:21 PM
landsailor
6th Gear

Good advice. Thanks
Originally Posted by pkincy
As the actual installer is so important, this is not something I would trust to any Dealer.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:32 PM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

I'm not sure I'd be as cut and dry on the dealer side of it. There are some dealers, really large corvette dealers, that my guess is they have dedicated people that have been factory trained by Xpel or other vendors to do the installs. I would ask, get references from the forums, etc.

If they are not trained well and do not have a ton of experience, I would steer clear, that is for sure. Especially if looking at full wraps.

I actually only looked at one car, one installer. I could have done more honestly, but if you have the time I would look at installations on at least two corvettes done by two different shops so you have something to compare work to.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:30 PM
landsailor
6th Gear

Good advice. I will do that. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:37 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

2017 C7 of Year Finalist

And now you have seen how the Xpel looks on my car as well. Nice to meet with you today!
Old 04-26-2017, 11:55 AM
landsailor
6th Gear

Did your car come with the Corvette Battery Charger?

Get notified of new replies

To GS Collector's Edition protection

Quick Reply: GS Collector's Edition protection