C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding Factory HUD to Base C7

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 09:42 AM
Dan.Barry
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Adding Factory HUD to Base C7

I tried to search for this but the search feature seems to be dead.

I'm wondering if adding the heads up display is simply a plug and play sort of thing.

If so, I was going to check wrecking yards and see if I can get the control box, wiring and display (and anything else I'd need) to do it myself.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:04 AM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,821 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...n-hud-z51.html

Elmer
Old 04-26-2017, 11:14 AM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Check into the glass first - HUD windshields use a special coating to make the HUD visible to you, and are marked "HUD" right on the glass.

Now maybe they all use the same glass, I don't know... but if not, the non-HUD cars would have glass that would make the HUD very hard to see unless you changed it.

Anyone know for sure?
Old 04-26-2017, 12:55 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Check into the glass first - HUD windshields use a special coating to make the HUD visible to you, and are marked "HUD" right on the glass.

Now maybe they all use the same glass, I don't know... but if not, the non-HUD cars would have glass that would make the HUD very hard to see unless you changed it.

Anyone know for sure?
In the c5 and c6 cars the hud will show up the same I put it in my c5 and it was the same. I helped a friend put it in his c6 it was the same. Hope this help somewhat for you man. Robert
Old 04-26-2017, 01:00 PM
Dave01GT
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I had to replace my windshield in my base non HUD. I put a HUD windshield in it, bc it was the same price from my dealer. There is a difference (one says HUD in the lower corner), but like Robert said, I think it will still show up on either.

Get notified of new replies

To Adding Factory HUD to Base C7

Quick Reply: Adding Factory HUD to Base C7