C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle response

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 12:16 PM
Sarge9
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle response

Hey Guys,
i picked up my 2017 GS about 6 weeks ago and noticed that in neutral the throttle response isn't sharp and crisp as I would expect. Seems to hesitate a bit before climbing in revs. A couple of times it's also backfired.
Thoughts?
Much appreciated.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Red Mist Rulz
Race Director

Received 8,476 Likes on 4,249 Posts

Saving Corvette drivers from looking like fools by sitting still and revving the engine?
Old 06-27-2017, 01:39 PM
davepl
Le Mans Master

Received 1,500 Likes on 987 Posts

Backfired? Like flames coming out the intake somehow? That's a trip to the dealer on that one, I'm afraid.

If your car is an M7, the throttle response at tip-in is very lazy. This is arguably for mileage concerns or simply to make the car's power more manageable, but it appears to be an M7-only issue.

There is a product called the Vitesse throttle controller that does something along the lines of amplifying the low-voltage signals so that the ECM sees a faster "sweep" as you tip into the throttle.

It can also be remedied with a tune that changes the driver demand tables for the throttle, though that can void the warranty.
Old 06-27-2017, 06:53 PM
97Black
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

[QUOTE=Sarge9;1595029834]Hey Guys,
i picked up my 2017 GS about 6 weeks ago and noticed that in neutral the throttle response isn't sharp and crisp as I would expect. Seems to hesitate a bit before climbing in revs. A couple of times it's also backfired.
Thoughts?
Much appreciated

Get a Katech or Tony Mamo ported throttle body. That should take care of your throttle response.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:25 PM
SFCTeach
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=97Black;1595032417]
Originally Posted by Sarge9
Hey Guys,
Thoughts?
Much appreciated

Get a Katech or Tony Mamo ported throttle body. That should take care of your throttle response.
I got the throttle body from Tony Mamo nice fix. I also have a '17 GS M7.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:58 PM
VictorBarron
Drifting

Received 375 Likes on 264 Posts

Vitesse.
Old 06-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Sarge9
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=SFCTeach;1595032638]
Originally Posted by 97Black

I got the throttle body from Tony Mamo nice fix. I also have a '17 GS M7.
Thank you guys!
did you install the throttle body yourself? Sounds like it might be a nice touch.
Old 06-29-2017, 03:04 PM
Ghostnotes
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by DAVE396LT1
Backfired? Like flames coming out the intake somehow? That's a trip to the dealer on that one, I'm afraid.

If your car is an M7, the throttle response at tip-in is very lazy. This is arguably for mileage concerns or simply to make the car's power more manageable, but it appears to be an M7-only issue.

There is a product called the Vitesse throttle controller that does something along the lines of amplifying the low-voltage signals so that the ECM sees a faster "sweep" as you tip into the throttle.

It can also be remedied with a tune that changes the driver demand tables for the throttle, though that can void the warranty.
I noticed this when i first got my 16 C7 and posted about it. 4th pulls better than 3rd sometimes as well and guess its related to the skip shift(which i disabled) and cam timing.

Do you know what tables are modified for the throttle response?
Old 06-29-2017, 05:39 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by SFCTeach

Thank you guys!
did you install the throttle body yourself? Sounds like it might be a nice touch.
TB is a far better upgrade than the Vitesse which does nothing to actually improve the real performance of your engine. The TB will allow more air to be processed as well as cure your hesitation issues.....its worth 10-15 RWHP and RWTQ across the board. There are a bunch of threads going on related to this but here is the largest one

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...installed.html

Here are the gains.....the TB was swapped while the car was strapped on the dyno.....replaced with my ported unit and tested 15 mins later so ideal test conditions

PM or email me if you have any concerns or questions and/or would like to get on my pre-order list (currently a shortage of TB's at GM on the national level)

Regards,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 06-29-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-29-2017, 05:49 PM
SFCTeach
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=Sarge9;1595043916]
Originally Posted by SFCTeach

Thank you guys!
Yes I did it took about 15minutes, very easy!

Get notified of new replies

To Throttle response

Quick Reply: Throttle response