C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odd Failures with Battery Disconnect

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:51 AM
EEProf
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Odd Failures with Battery Disconnect

A few days ago, my 16 C7 convertible had the cooling fan racing at engine startup from cold. I turned the engine off but the fan remained on at high speed. I then disconnected the battery to stop the fan. The trunk lid closed normally. Then I tried to open the trunk with the FOB but it would not open. I tried the button in the next to the license plate and it would not open the trunk. I then tried from the interior dash button and that also would not open the trunk. I can open it manually with the key and the lid will close normally with the pull down. I then started the car and the cooling fan operated normally on my drive to the dealer. However, there was a warning that my top was not latched. I pushed the top up button with no luck to remove the warning. I then pushed on the steering wheel right side center button and my normal Sport dash display occurred. As I drove to the dealer, the chimes would occur about every minute in half. The fan also now works normally after the battery disconnect but the trunk lid open failure and top not opening or closing for proper latch started immediately after battery disconnect. Car is still at the dealer but dealer has stated that they have the top and lid operating. They are checking to see if the fan on at cold temp will return after an overnight stay at the dealer. Has anyone had a similar type of issue after a battery disconnect?

Quick Reply: Odd Failures with Battery Disconnect