C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Worst Case Senario

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:12 PM
the5
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default C7 Worst Case Senario

Hey guys before I start modding my cars I like to look at the worse case senario cost.
What would the cost be to replace the motor in a C7 Z51, Just looking for the motor cost no labor.
Old 10-12-2017, 03:44 AM
Resonator
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

This is a pretty easy question to answer with a quick visit to your preferred internet search site.

Naturally, depending on the "damage", you may not need a whole engine, just a short block, or you might be able get your engine rebuilt and add certain things like forged pistons, for less than buying a whole new motor.

But, I think the basic answer to your question is, worst case, you should be able to get a new LT1, wet or dry sump, in a crate for just under $10K.
Old 10-12-2017, 07:14 AM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Dont forget installation.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:45 AM
Johnp94
Burning Brakes

Received 151 Likes on 123 Posts

Check eBay. Pulled engine probably $7,000
Old 10-12-2017, 11:14 AM
Resonator
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

This place cracks me up. Plenty of Fs for reading comprehension.

The OP explicitly asked for the worst case price without labor. Therefore, there is no logical point in reminding the OP of the additional cost of labor. Plus, the thread is actually titled "C7 Worst Case Senario" and the OP specifically asked for a worst case answer, which would be a whole new engine. I already pointed out that there were likely other more costs effective solutions, but answered the question exactly as asked.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not offended, angry, or upset in the least. Simply suggesting the quality of this forum could be improved by people reading a bit more carefully before they post.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:24 AM
cowboy casey
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 389 Posts

The next question would be..

If a brand new engine was installed (everything back to stock) would GM drop the "tuned engine" off the tracking system..

My guess would be.... the new engine would need to be bought and installed through a dealer service department to be re-certified...

I think this would be the worst case scenario, But I have been known to be wrong
Old 10-13-2017, 10:29 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy casey
The next question would be..

If a brand new engine was installed (everything back to stock) would GM drop the "tuned engine" off the tracking system..

My guess would be.... the new engine would need to be bought and installed through a dealer service department to be re-certified...

I think this would be the worst case scenario, But I have been known to be wrong
Robert

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Worst Case Senario

Quick Reply: C7 Worst Case Senario