C7 Tech/Performance Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Katech Ported Throttle Body

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 05:20 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

Default Katech Ported Throttle Body

Thought I would try this Katech CNC Ported TB. Looks like they did a nice workmanship job and I like that they trim down the center shaft for some more flow at WOT. To be honest after the quick and easy install I am unable to notice any differences over the OEM during driving. I may hit the Drag strip this Thursday evening to see any improvement or (s) in the 60', ET and MPH and give a update. The price was not bad at $253 shipped. It was package nice and was ordered Sunday night and received it Friday noon.
Old 02-11-2018, 05:40 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

it should be more of a throttle response thing than actual power gains!
Old 02-11-2018, 07:35 PM
C2367
Drifting

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
it should be more of a throttle response thing than actual power gains!
Would think so but driving around I notice nothing. My throttle response was great before, getting as good as a 1.63 60' on my No Tune stock Base A8 NPP with DR's. The factory lip is reduced (cut back) and smoothed so as the blade opens it should draw in more air sooner at the same opening speed. I did not expect a huge improvement but a minor noticeable half 10th and 1/2 mph on my time slip is what I hoping for.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:48 PM
REPOED C7
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by C2367
Thought I would try this Katech CNC Ported TB. Looks like they did a nice workmanship job and I like that they trim down the center shaft for some more flow at WOT. To be honest after the quick and easy install I am unable to notice any differences over the OEM during driving. I may hit the Drag strip this Thursday evening to see any improvement or (s) in the 60', ET and MPH and give a update. The price was not bad at $253 shipped. It was package nice and was ordered Sunday night and received it Friday noon.
Let us know if you find any improvements at the Drag Strip.

I installed a Tony Mamo Ported TB a couple weeks ago. Haven't done much driving due to poor weather, but I can tell a noticeable difference in the throttle response. I can also tell a difference in the way the exhaust sounds with Rev Match activated with the M7. Another huge difference is how much quicker the Horsepower Meter Gauge goes up after installing the Ported TB. I'm referring to the customizable gauge setting when using the Sport Mode display. I have no idea how accurate Horsepower Meter is but I'd say it increases twice as fast now at lower RPM's
Old 02-13-2018, 07:48 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

"Ported Throttle body"

Much like any other modified engine component, they only sound and look the same on paper.....in the actual world there can be a huge difference in how they actually work and perform based on the extent of the changes made to the actual part (no different than adding "ported heads"....looks the same on paper but a so-so set may only net you 15 HP while a really good set of ported heads can net you 50+ HP).

I have invested a retarded amount of time optimizing these TB's both on the flowbench and with real world R&D on numerous C7 Vettes.....one in particular.....you know who you are and thank you once again....LOL

This is a good thread comparing a few TB's on the flow bench and the large differences you see there. Your engine see's the same type of differences as well

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ts-inside.html

Its a good read if your interested in the science behind it and seeing the actual airflow improvements from this mod (which is what generates all the additional real world power and torque gains from the installation).

My ported TB is simply the best low buck mod on the planet for a 7th gen Vette without question.....I stand behind my product and offer a 30 day money back guarantee if you don't feel the same after installing it (but I assure you that you will feel no different than I do once you experience it!).

Cheers,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 02-13-2018 at 11:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Tom's '07 Monty (02-20-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 09:52 PM
vetteandv
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 109 Posts

Tony, do you offer porting on stock intake manifolds? What type of gain is typically seen?
Old 02-13-2018, 11:12 PM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 905 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteandv
Tony, do you offer porting on stock intake manifolds? What type of gain is typically seen?
Dont bother porting the OEM intake....gains are minimal and I charge you the same money to port an MSD where you can really FEEL the difference (and see a big gain on the dyno). My ported MSD and ported OEM TB are good for 20-25 ft/lbs of torque and 30 RWHP...even more past peak where the ported MSD still carries flat and the OEM set-up is diving off.....offering the end user a much fatter....and much flatter HP curve.

I get the intake is pricey but why spend less money and see gains you cant really feel.....spend a little more (save longer if you need to) and do it right (btw this is general advice....not aimed at you directly.....LOL)

A good thread here on my ported MSD LT1 products

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...le-bodies.html

Regards,
Tony

PS.....Helped a customer recently that already had a ported OEM manifold.....he recently switched to my ported MSD/TB combo and at the track saw two tenths and 2.5 MPH improvement in his trap speeds in similar weather conditions. That's actually quite a significant improvement (you would have to be a drag race guy to appreciate that)....or another way to view it is if you lost a recent race on the street by two car lengths the outcome of the next race would have you winning by a half a car length.....a much better outcome no doubt and easy to visualize the extra thrust required to pull that off! Keep in mind.....the baseline ET and trap speeds already had the benefit of a ported OEM TB done by a reasonably popular shop (I didnt handle the work on the OEM intake....I would have tried to steer him away from going that route if I had the chance).

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 02-13-2018 at 11:52 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:32 PM
08velocity
Drifting

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

You will NOT go wrong with Tony's TB ROCK STAR stauus for Tony Mamo !!!
Old 02-14-2018, 09:42 AM
erick_e
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 93 Likes on 71 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16

Where did you get it for 250 shipped?
Old 02-14-2018, 02:47 PM
C2367
Drifting

Originally Posted by REPOED C7
Let us know if you find any improvements at the Drag Strip.

I installed a Tony Mamo Ported TB a couple weeks ago. Haven't done much driving due to poor weather, but I can tell a noticeable difference in the throttle response. I can also tell a difference in the way the exhaust sounds with Rev Match activated with the M7. Another huge difference is how much quicker the Horsepower Meter Gauge goes up after installing the Ported TB. I'm referring to the customizable gauge setting when using the Sport Mode display. I have no idea how accurate Horsepower Meter is but I'd say it increases twice as fast now at lower RPM's
If it helps or not I can tell the results so others can know if they want to spend the money. I have a lot of runs on the car and I dead hook almost every run, the weather looks to be fine so if it has any benefit it should show on the time slips. Bought the Katech due to price, the blade shaft thickness reduced and I would have to pay sales tax here in Taxifornia.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:50 PM
C2367
Drifting

Originally Posted by erick_e
Where did you get it for 250 shipped?
http://www.tickwholesale.com/katech-...art-kat-a6856/
Old 02-15-2018, 01:30 PM
C2367
Drifting

I noticed they change the price at tick wholesale today, now it shows $299. plus shipping. I plan on racing at the strip tonight to see any change, improvements or not. The weather is good so it should be good for a real world test (Not a Dyno Test) to compare with my other best runs lately and in the past without the ported TB. I run DR's and Dead hook almost every run and my times are very consistent.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:36 PM
REPOED C7
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

I noticed they change the price at tick wholesale today, now it shows $299. plus shipping. I plan on racing at the strip tonight to see any change, improvements or not. The weather is good so it should be good for a real world test (Not a Dyno Test) to compare with my other best runs lately and in the past without the ported TB. I run DR's and Dead hook almost every run and my times are very consistent.
I'm looking forward to hearing about your results.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:30 PM
REDBULLIT
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

yes me too!!
Old 02-16-2018, 04:58 PM
C2367
Drifting

Went last night but the results would be hard to compare due to they repaved the strip all the way past the finish. Felt smooth and soft, think the asphalt needs to cure. When stopping it took much less effort. Also I was only able to dead hook on the first run. Next week I plan on running at Fontana on Wednesday night 21st as long as the weather is ok to compare with my best run from the last time a couple Wednesdays ago. The DA at Fontana is usually around 2000 on a good day. This is going to be better as Fontana runs 1/4 mile. The only run at Irwindale last night that felt as if I dead hooked was just average if that for my 60' times, not great, 1.686.

Get notified of new replies

To Katech Ported Throttle Body

Quick Reply: Katech Ported Throttle Body